skygypsie

Federal benefits seem to be as worthless as the paper they're printed on

the national health service has always worked for me. when i got hit by a prop - no worries about insurance, just immediate treatment

Good for you, but having had US govt run health care... I can say I gladly pay for private coverage.

Btw: it's dudette...& puss in the feminine form :P

Oh!! You're a softail!

Well you know, they say that the gals are better at takin' pain.
Something about "built for child birth" and like yanking a Volkswagon through a nostril.

Hope you get it worked out !

Peace,
Jim Brown

accepting any benefit from the government, Makes YOU the governments slave.

11 Reasons We'd be Better Off with No Government at All
Chris | InformationLiberation

No government at all? Outlandish, you say?! After you read these 11 reasons, you'll be the first calling for shutting the whole shebang down!

1. We'd have absolutely no taxes. That means everything across the board would be cheaper and everyone would have about twice as much money.

2. We'd have no foreign wars. The US spends $1 trillion dollars a year on our interventionist foreign policy. If we shut the whole government down, that's $1 trillion dollars a year going towards computers, housing, food, technology etc., instead of being spent on bombs to kill people.

3. We'd have no corporate welfare. That means no more banker bailouts, no more handouts to the health insurance companies and big pharma, and no more subsidies for connected special interests. That translates to lower prices and more competition. Health care costs would drastically fall and housing would finally be more affordable.

4. We'd have no more drug war. The miserable drug war would come to an end and we'd stop wasting trillions of dollars to keep drug prices high.

5. We'd have no more police. That means instead of the government running a billion dollar protection racket with people getting abused left and right, we could take the billions we give to the government and instead pay private bodyguards to police our streets as an actual service to consumers at a mere fraction of the cost. The police would not be abusive for the same reason a private bodyguard doesn't beat up the person they're supposed to protect, they're dependent on you for their paycheck. Also they wouldn't have to enforce ridiculous drug laws which account for the majority of supposed crime.

6. No TSA! Let the companies themselves decide how to protect their passengers. If people want to fly in a jail cell and go through naked body scanners, so be it. If there is a market for it, the airliners could make special flights with extra security. As for the rest of us, we'd like to keep our clothes on, thanks!

7. Everyone could get a job in private industry. With private industry finally being able to keep the entirety of their earnings, everyone across the board would have more money. All corporations, big and small, would have double their current income, that means they can hire more people and put people back to work. Even a politician with absolutely no skills could get a job!

8. No more Federal Reserve. That means no more fiat money, no more business cycle, and no more inflation. Private industry could coin the money and have full reserve banks. We could move towards a %100 gold backed currency globally and give people truly sound money. No more devaluation of our money through the printing press, and no more silent corporate welfare through inflation.

9. No more artificially induced bubbles. Without the fed inducing the business cycle people would be able to invest wisely and the market could adjust faster to changes in the economy. Companies would be forced to adapt to serve consumers instead of merely adapting to gaming the system to get corporate welfare.

10. No more entrenched elite. The government's illegitimate monopoly on force is the only thing with allows a tiny group to stay in power perpetually through gaming the system and profiting off government handouts and grants of monopoly privilege. End the government, and you destroy their tool of conquest.

11. Freedom. What more is there to say? Without a government there can be no ruling class which claims powers over others. People can organize themselves voluntarily in their own self-interest, the same way we do now in almost every sector of our lives. Our nanny state system is what keeps people hobbled and dependent, remove the rules and restrictions and give people freedom and you'll see a complete societal turn around, just read this!
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

accepting any benefit from the government, Makes YOU the governments slave.

And without a govt, I'll make you my slave. buwahh haahhh haaahhh!! Those your shoes? Mine now.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

the national health service has always worked for me. when i got hit by a prop - no worries about insurance, just immediate treatment

Good for you, but having had US govt run health care... I can say I gladly pay for private coverage.

and millions here in the uk disagree with you. let's hear more from skygypsie abut how brilliant your private insurance system is... not
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

And without a govt, I'll make you my slave. buwahh haahhh haaahhh!! Those your shoes? Mine now.

You and what army?

Well, looking at item 2 in the list it looks like it wouldn't take much of an army to overcome a bunch of folks sitting at home on their technology in front of their computers tweeting and eating. ...unless you could make friends with a benevolent country that does spend a few bucks on their military.

It would appear that's exactly the problem [:/]
-------------------------------------------------------
To dreamdancer:

Though, I have insurance coverage through a private carrier ( large well known corporate co.); it is a plan through the Federal gov't. for Federal employees...

I had to chose a carrier, or stay with my curent plan, during last open enrollment while I was still considered 'active duty' prior to retiring in '05.

It is part of my retirement benefit package, though I continue to pay monthly premiums deducted ( off the top) from my retirement pay & throughout my 25 years of service & current co-pays !

I've had numerous contacts with the insurance company, but am directed to The Federal Office of Personnel Management, in hopes of resolution !

To date, my efforts have been unsuccessful !

Have you ever had to make contact with anybody directly affliated with the federal government, in regards to federal benefits, of past federal employees ?

After over 2 weeks since the injury; my guess is, if I go any longer, I'm looking at...

it'll mend , as is...

or will eventually require some serious crap...
they'll have to deal with it :S

So, I totally agree with DaVinci & Southern Man is right...

it is run by the federal government & it SUCKS ! >:(
----------------------------------------------------------
@ JimBrown:

yip...I'm a soft tail...ride one well, too !

A '94 Springer Soft Tail & a '90 Sportster:)
I agree, we seem to have more pain tolerance then you fellas, but without elaborating...

I do have quite a bit of the male temperament ...

far too often ;)

And Peace to you my friend B|

--------------
@ JimBrown:

yip...I'm a soft tail...ride one well, too !

A '94 Springer Soft Tail & a '90 Sportster:)
I agree, we seem to have more pain tolerance then you fellas, but without elaborating...

I do have quite a bit of the male temperament ...

far too often ;)

And Peace to you my friend B|

LOL!
Well I'll always have a problem with women in the captains seat on a bike!
It just ain't right!!
Girls freak out in panic situations and can't handle immediate emergencies as well as men.;)

That said; Let's talk about your male temperment.

High testosterone levels in a girl is something of a double edged sword.

It's great that you desire sex as often as we do.
It kind of sucks when you try to be in charge!
LOL!

Peace,
Jim B.

Dreamdancer...you're right !
It is not a national health system !
--------------------------------------------------------
Jimbo:

OK, We're quite a bit off thread, but I felt the uncontrollable need to respond...

I haven't been put in the "a girl" category in a long time !

I've been riding almost 17 years in many situations:

took my riders rode test in a sleet storm, been in progression rides 10,000 riders strong, rallies, rode
(not trailered) from WI. to Sturgis, rode with members of The Outlaws & other clubs...

with no complaints, nor criticsm & put 11,000 miles on one summer...alone !

There were times, my bike was my only companion, & I liked that just fine!

The only time I've been down, is taking it down...
to prevent t-boning a road idiot, turning just a few feet in front of me !

Claimed not to have seen me...but I have straight pipes, that can't help but being heard :S

I once followed some dumb ass home, who thought it would be entertaining to pull out from a stop sign pulling a boat, laughing as he was looking at me !

He wasn't laughing so much when I pulled up behind him...
" screaming if I had a ball bat, I'd beat your head in, right now "...

while some woman come running out of the house asking him what he did !?

I have no clue what my testerone level is, or isn't...

my sex drive was not what I was talking about !

I prefer the company of men; socially & in work & activity environments, over women...

as I despise the damsel in distress card !

I worked as a drywall hanger & finisher contractor for many years, moved 10,000- 20,000 # bulk mail / night, working airline docks in AK.

I've been a lead dz. packer for 5 years, since I was 50...packing circles around guys 1/2 my age !

I love my man being head of household & taking charge, as long as he can put his pants on, pull them up & wear them capably...

mine does, & he is in control & head of household !

I wouldn't want him, or need him, any other way !

If being in control measures in equivalence to being independent...

well, I guess I'm must be...as I need to be in control of myself, & reflective of my controlled, & most definitely uncontrollable, situations !

That's the male tempermant I was talking about...

talking out the ass, defending the situation, when all facts aren't known yet...

just not to be declared wrong, or in defense of my nature !

Then again...it just could be my levels of estrogen spewing over :P:S;)

Peace...backatcha B|

You and what army?

Army? I'm thinking maudering hoard of well-armed and trained people. To make it legitimate, I will call it a Political Party. There. I'm thinking about using the Playpus as our mascot.

Don't confuse advance of Science and Technology as an advancement of overall humankind. Only a small percentage of the world population actually contribute to those. Everyone else basically enjoys the fruits of such enlightenment and can fall in line with a charismatic leader. . .and a billboard with a platypus on it. Remember, the highly intelligent is highly outnumbered by everyone else. Mob mentality is a constant force that is actively kept at bay in any country, especially ours.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

That's the male tempermant I was talking about...

talking out the ass, defending the situation, when all facts aren't known yet...

just not to be declared wrong, or in defense of my nature !

Then again...it just could be my levels of estrogen spewing over :P:S;)

Peace...backatcha B|

LOL! That's quite an impressive history of motorcycling!
Personally I average 3000 miles a month and replace my back tire every 6 weeks. I am Nomad! I have a mission that can't be neglected. Rain, snow, hail, I'm more dependable than the US Postal Service!!!
I do know a bit about the Outlaws and gal let me tell you, although they may have been respectful and polite to a fault, they really weren't so ok with you riding.
I'm just sayin';)

Anyway, you seem like you have it all together other than those hormone level fluctuations and sitting in the mans' position!:P:)B|
Party on Garth!

Peace and Love,
Jim B

re: The Outlaws

I'm very aware of their reputation potential...
never having gotten tight, nor wanted any 1st hand experience with their club.

My exposure was only based on a one time ride through a mutual !

We had a good friend who was affiliated ( as security) & he invited me on "Blessing Ride" a few years ago...from Menominee Falls, WI. to Cedarburg, WI ( through Milwaukee)

Not commenting about my riding with them in silence, was just A-Ok with me !

Afterwards, 'Jay' & his girl wanted to entertain us to the 'sites', so they took us to an unofficial, open to personal invitation only, club house/ bar !

He prepped me before walking in, advising me to look at no one & talk to know one...

unless, asked who I was... saying I was with the big guy, & his girl (Jay's @ 300#)!

I stayed close to Jay...but didn't stay long !

You are with 'Nomad'..or were saying you are a nomad ?

Both, or either...you have my respect !

I'm not, nor have ever been hard core, nor club affiliated...just enjoy riding, & holding my own !

I've never flown colors, just my H.O.G. & Ladies of Harley patches !

I haven't rode nearly as much as I'd like, or have...
since I got involved in Skydiving, though!

Obviously, because the seasons are one in the same, here in WI. & no time left in the day w/ up to 7 days/ wk., 14 hr/day at the dz. :|

Ironic, how in my 2 favorite activities...getting your wings can have such contrary, signifigant meanings !

So with that... may your wings soar high in skydiving, & may you never receive broken wings, riding ;)

Peace & BlueSkies B|

* yip, this hormone crap, is crap...
unless everything is tuned up :S...

& I def. know the dependability of the USPS...I worked for them for 25 years...
I'm very anti-postal, but can go postal...on a dime >:(

Got the 2nd & 3rd's...

The end result: the most excruciating pain I've ever had, to include 2 childbirths without meds !

I went outside the providers within our locale, to a very reputable oral surgeon in Green Bay, who through a CAT scan, ultimately found 2 jaw fractures, fractures on both sides of face, nose & cheekbone fractures.

Due to the time lapsed without treatment; though mending as is, was starting, he needed to act right away to avoid future liklihood of some serious procedures !

With only local anesthetic ( @ 30 shots to top & then bottom & sides & feeling like a platypus w/ tears streaming ), I was wired through the cheekbone, jawbone, gums, & each tooth ...

without need for pre-authorization from insurance !

You are with 'Nomad'..or were saying you are a nomad ?

LOL!
Young lady I've never been a joiner and I certainly wouldn't ever accept to be governed by other men. And that's what they do when they join the MCs. They trade their freedom for the security they believe the club will provide them.
I mean that if you ever see me riding you'll think I have all my worldly possecions with me. I'm loaded down. I take along everything I'll need to live for an extended period of time wherever I might end up or venture toward. I am nomad !

Peace,
Jim B

That's what I was hoping to hear ;)

Not that it really matters I suppose, as I don't know you directly !

I just would 've been surprised; otherwise, given the content & context of your communicality !

I myself, have never conformed to society, though have been known to be a product thereof...

maybe that's why I chose, to wing it through...for the most part !

I chose the username skyGYPSIE...for a reason ;)

Peace & BlueSkies to you, my dear ~

Federal benefits seem to be as worthless as the paper they're printed on

They carried the concept over from their money.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

...it would appear....:S
but at least everything worked out !

just had to go to another provider...
got everything wired, crimped & hooked within 10 hours, after 1st appointment...
also discovering more than my jaw was broke, in numerous places ![:/]