jimbrown

Are wages you earn your property?

>Are the wages you work for your own property or does some portion of
>them rightfully belong to some other entity?

Depends on whether you want to live in a country that provides you with things. If you do, then expect to have to pay for them. Expecting something for nothing is not reasonable.

>Are the wages you work for your own property or does some portion of
>them rightfully belong to some other entity?

Depends on whether you want to live in a country that provides you with things. If you do, then expect to have to pay for them. Expecting something for nothing is not reasonable.

Is that a yes or a no?
Are the wages of ones' labor their own property or not?

Peace,
Jim B.

Thank god we have another thread combatting the fundamental concept of income taxes.

I was getting clammy there for a minute.

It's not about "income taxes".
It's about private property.

So now that you've offered to the group your witissism,do you have an opinion on whether or not wages earned are private property ?

Peace,
Jim B.

Are the wages you work for your own property or does some portion of them rightfully belong to some other entity?

Do you believe the cost of governmental services are free?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Are the wages you work for your own property or does some portion of them rightfully belong to some other entity?

Do you believe the cost of governmental services are free?

Government services do have a cost attached.

The cost of government services has nothing to do with the private property of wages.

Would it suprise you to know that the Federal Government operated for over 100 years without any income tax?

Peace,
Jim B.

Money used to be private property way back in the day. It had no influences on its true value. Money was worth what it was always worth.

Inflation make money not private property in the present day. It can devalue. We have no control of it. And if you dont have total control something its not yours or you can't truely call it yours.

So no to your mindfuck question. I think:S

Money used to be private property way back in the day. It had no influences on its true value. Money was worth what it was always worth.

Inflation make money not private property in the present day. It can devalue. We have no control of it. And if you dont have total control something its not yours or you can't truely call it yours.

So no to your mindfuck question. I think:S

Gatorade !!! It's got Electrolytze !!!

Peace,
Jim B.

The cost of government services has nothing to do with the private property of wages.

You don't pay property taxes?

Here in the U. S. you have to use "private property of wages" to pay taxes owed. unless you have some other means of paying taxes with private property that isn't yours.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

You don't pay property taxes?

Here in the U. S. you have to use "private property of wages" to pay taxes owed. unless you have some other means of paying taxes with private property that isn't yours.

"Gatorade -It has electrolytes"

Peace,
Jim B.

[bobby boucher] Noo. . .Water is better[/bobby boucher]

Seriously though. A lot of those wages come from the help of govt expenditures allowing you to make those wages. Roads to go to work. Infastructure that protects your creative rights. Sattelites to give you communications. ect. ect.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Could you refresh us on the wording of the Fifth Ammendment?

You don't think that safety, protection and services that allows you to make wages are not "just compensation"?

>Could you refresh us on the wording of the Fifth Ammendment?

Sure! Here it is:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

And here's the sixteenth:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

>Could you refresh us on the wording of the Fifth Ammendment?

Sure! Here it is:

nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

And here's the sixteenth:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Let me explain something to you,billvon(and this would be more fun over a beer at the dz afterthe planes are tied down), the Fifth ammendment speaks of one of the Rights of Men. It says that government cannot confiscate private property for public use without "just" compensation.

So you kinda see where that is, basicly the government cant take your shit unless they pay you for it.
If Airborne division needs a few new rigs they cant just come to the dz and scarf up any rig on the packing mat unless they provide "just compensation".
In order for government to confiscate your property, according to the Fifth Ammendment" ,they must pay you for it.

That's in the Bill of Rights.

Now here is an interesting tid bit about Righs ; no government gave you any Rights, you gained your Rights not through the works or deeds of any Man.

No,simply by your birth you were entitled to Rights.
And no one ,no government, can legitimately take those Rights away from you.

So what was it you were saying,billvon, about the 16th ammendment?
Were you demonstrating that the government is illegitimate?

Peace,
Jim B.

You don't think that safety, protection and services that allows you to make wages are not "just compensation"?

I understand your argument but how about if together we take another look at this from a different perspective.

Sure , "safety,protection and servces that allow" one to make wages are compensation.

The question is are they , as required by the Fifth Amendment, "just compensation".

I contend that considering the progressive tax code, those government services which you mention could never live up to the requirement of "just compensation".

The simple reason for my view is that someone paying no tax and someone paying $100,000 in tax recieve the same services from the government therefore those services cannot be considered as "just compensation".

Peace,
Jim B.

The simple reason for my view is that someone paying no tax and someone paying $100,000 in tax recieve the same services from the government therefore those services cannot be considered as "just compensation".

Report a crime in Watts and another in Beverly Hills and see if the services are the same.
quade -

Report a crime in Watts and another in Beverly Hills and see if the services are the same.

So are you in agreement that the criteria of"just compensation" isn't there?

No. Rich people in this country have FAR better protection over their property interests than poor. FFS wars are fought to protect them.
quade -

So are you in agreement that the criteria of"just compensation" isn't there?

No. Rich people in this country have FAR better protection over their property interests than poor. FFS wars are fought to protect them.

So what about "just compensation"? Do you think that every citizen giving a dollar to the government gets a dollar return in services?

Peace,
Jim B.

That's a good point, however, due to the fact that the requirements that are needed to audit individuals by the amount of taxes paid to get a "just compensation" equilibrium would require a bare minimum a quintruple amount of manpower by the IRS and even more tax requirements. . .it would raise taxes a lot more just to achieve this.

Anyways, my opinion of the matter is, how much one pays vs. another doesn't invalidate the Fifth Amendment. The use happened first, then the pay happens the april 15th of the following year. Use first then play later. How much one pays in the outcome is a different argument altogether. Income taxes are retroactive. Other taxes such as Sales tax can be proactive however.

So what about "just compensation"? Do you think that every citizen giving a dollar to the government gets a dollar return in services?

I'm not really sure you fully understand how money works.

Lemme ask you this, what is a dollar worth?
quade -

So what about "just compensation"? Do you think that every citizen giving a dollar to the government gets gets a dollar return in services?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "just".
From your statement here, it appears to me that you are confusing "just" with "equal".

"Just" is such an ambiguous word.
What do you really mean when you use the word in your context?

But to answer your question as I understand it now, yes, my wages are my property.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239