rushmc

Does Cameron Get It? Or Will You Call Him a Bigot?

When posting, please click the reply button found in the actual post you are replying to. It will help limit any confusion.

Also, it helps to quote the specific statement in that post which stimulated your response.

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

as a Brit (thats leave New York, head East for a bit, its the shitty island just before Europe) i found it ironic that he made a speech about extremists in Munich!

Ah

OK
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I actually agree with some of what he is saying. However he picked a very bad time to say it and needs to clarify just what he is talking about. Loose comments are not helpful. What are 'British core values' seeing as the UK has the highest rate of STD's, unmarried mothers, teenage pregnancies, binge drinking and drug problem in Europe (along with the highest heart disease and type II Diabetes rates) just what core values does he want Muslims to respect? Maybe they should integrate by letting their children run riot getting drunk and drugged up whilst being promiscuous and having no regard for either their health or consideration for the community in which they live. Then maybe he would be happy. Or maybe he still thinks that England is the land of Byron and Shelly where the gentle sound of leather on willow greets the quite air and genteel ladies take tea whilst young men punt along the river, in which case maybe he should take his head out of his arse and realise that we didn't all go to Eton.
That said I do feel that it would be good to have a stronger inclusive identity of the new Britain, one to which all colours and creeds can identify with. Because Englishmen come in all colours these days.

I needed to go back and find this post Jamil..

Would you prefer the societies of many of the countries in the Muslim world... with ALL of what goes along with that to be extant in England or the UK in the near future?.

I think England and the UK passed thru some great amount of religious intolerance among the "christian" sects alone. I am an American and not an Irishwoman, Scotswoman, or Englishwoman because of that religious intolerance.

Hi Jeanne, not sure what you mean, what I'm saying is that the reality of the UK today is its a multi faith multi racial society which is rich due to the diversity. However there is certain elements in society who seek to scapegoat and fear monger. The truth of the matter is that we are a mongrel nation made up of millennia of invaders and traders. I am proudly British and have no time with extremists of any kind, religious or political, or religious intolerance.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hi Jeanne, not sure what you mean, what I'm saying is that the reality of the UK today is its a multi faith multi racial society which is rich due to the diversity. However there is certain elements in society who seek to scapegoat and fear monger. The truth of the matter is that we are a mongrel nation made up of millennia of invaders and traders. I am proudly British and have no time with extremists of any kind, religious or political, or religious intolerance.

What are 'British core values' seeing as the UK has the highest rate of STD's, unmarried mothers, teenage pregnancies, binge drinking and drug problem in Europe (along with the highest heart disease and type II Diabetes rates) just what core values does he want Muslims to respect

That sounds quite suspiciously like the same arguements that our staunch "conservative" religious right posters seem to decry for the USA. How can your little country compare to the depravity of those of us here in THE GREAT SATAN.

Personally I would be far better with doing something about those problems by going forward.. rather than jumping on the WAY BACK machine to a time where the priests or imams controlled everything.