Amazon

Are you really sure your health Insurance will cover you??

http://www.google.com/search?q=David+Himmelstein,+an+associate+professor+of+medicine+at+Harvard&hl=en&prmd=ivnso&ei=6QZLTeTQDtH0gAfBo5UD&start=10&sa=N

Lots of talking the perfesser does. He has an agenda. Statements like 'for middle-class Americans, health insurance offers little protection' show his lack of basic understanding. The $5000 I paid towards my $54,000 MI proves him wrong.

Why would an associate medical professor be conducting a study like this anyways? I would think it would be more along the lines of a PolySci thing.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

And next time you have something happen that could be construed to be related ... now that you have a pre-exisiting condition???

It all depends on what your companies death panel decides.

I guess that's true. Do you think the bill passed last year is going to help or hurt that situation?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

:D:D Awesome! Thank you!

You are correct... the word is Property. However the rest is PURE LIES! :)
Who owns the History Channel? General Electric.

Obama is to GE.... as Bush is the Halliburton.

“The pursuit of happiness” is the most famous phrase in the Declaration of Independence. Conventional history and popular wisdom attribute the phrase to the genius of Thomas Jefferson when in an imaginative leap, he replaced the third term of John Locke’s trinity, “life, liberty, and property.” It was a felicitous, even thrilling, substitution. Yet the true history and philosophical meaning of the famous phrase are apparently unknown.

Jefferson didn't change it. Yes there is, a very True and very Simple meaning.
It is 100% unmistakable.

In an article entitled “The Pursuit of Happiness,” posted at the Huffington Post (Obama's Favorite Media) July 4, 2007, Daniel Brook summed up what most of us learned in school: “The eighteenth-century British political philosopher John Locke wrote that governments are instituted to secure people's rights to ‘life, liberty, and property.’ And in 1776, Thomas Jefferson begged to differ. When he penned the Declaration of Independence, ratified on the Fourth of July, he edited out Locke's right to ‘property’ and substituted his own more broad-minded, distinctly American concept: the right to ‘the pursuit of happiness.’ " (Crap... Lies)

The rest is a waste of time... all Bull Shit.

And next time you have something happen that could be construed to be related ... now that you have a pre-exisiting condition???

It all depends on what your companies death panel decides.

I guess that's true. Do you think the bill passed last year is going to help or hurt that situation?

Supposedly children are now covered and by 2014 even adults are covered by the new law.

Buh By with that weasel clause

Well make up your mind...the g'ment subsidizing the ER hospital or subsidizing the health clinic...what's the difference?

The same care, scheduled in a clinic, costs maybe half of what it does in the ER.

And oftentimes the clinics have people donating time and/or money to help make them more cost-efficient

Both of those are more efficient use of tax dollars. Unfortunately, they're not always close to where you live and the lines can be long. That second one can make a real difference if you're paid hourly and missing work.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well make up your mind...the g'ment subsidizing the ER hospital or subsidizing the health clinic...what's the difference?

The same care, scheduled in a clinic, costs maybe half of what it does in the ER.

i think you mean to say "is Billed" or "Is Charged" not "Costs":)
The care is not any different. The procedures are not any different, it is the billing only that constitutes the increase.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The overhead that a hospital must maintain contributes to higher actual costs as well.

They need people equipped to handle the biggest emergency, dealing with sniffles. A walk-in clinic doesn't need those people. All the machines, all that other stuff.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I LOVE those folks who wait til they're damn near dead and then show up expecting us to jump in and save you at the last possible minute...lol. Ugh.

We'd be a helluva lot better off if more people were less willing to suck off of others.

Well, if one could afford the insurance that would allow him to visit you earlier than at the last minute, he would more than likely do so.
Until then he has no recourse, other than dying on your doorstep, than to suck off you.

When one is looking at the cost of insurance vs the cost of having a place to live, the most immediate need gets satisfied first.

That's not entirely true. There are community-based health centers, already easily accessible, who provide services to people without insurance. This is basic healthcare that is already funded by federal tax dollars. I know where they are in my area, and they're not hard to find. But people who cannot afford healthcare get care that is free to them at these clinics. If they come to my clinic, they pay something, though I'm happy with $5 a month if that's the best someone can do.

There ARE ways to get basic healthcare paid for. Avenues are already in place. But people prefer to whine rather than use them.

Well make up your mind...the g'ment subsidizing the ER hospital or subsidizing the health clinic...what's the difference? They, "those folks", are sucking off YOU but one way is OK with you and the other is not?
:S

Thank you, Janus.

Or maybe you just wanted to post, "That's not entirely true." to try to convince someone you know what you're talking about. I dunno...you tell me.

The difference is that it's really expensive through the ER, but not so expensive through a clinic. I do believe we should provide for basic healthcare for people who can't afford it. The ER isn't the place for that. The clinics that already exist do a good job.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

+1

Yup! And while you are there (Virginia Department of Health Clinic)... you can get free HIV and STD testing too!

Gigitty Goo!

The test might be free, but the treatment is going to cost you everything if you do not have insurance. I had to file bankruptcy on thousands of dollars after spending every dime I had. As of today, I have no meds and no doctor. I was told by a doctor at the V.A., last December that she will no longer be treating me and that I should find a doctor outside the V.A.. So much for the promise of healthcare for veterans... Honestly, I am considering a lawsuit... if they do not treat me. I want what was promised when I joined the Navy.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young