rushmc

Good For Canada!!

Despite Threats, Canada to Show Movie About Iran

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/19/despite-threats-canada-movie-iran/#

Shutting down the wimpy assed is a good thing in this case. OOooohhhhhhhhh, we dont want to piss anybody off:S

Again
Good for Canada:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Shutting down the wimpy assed is a good thing in this case. OOooohhhhhhhhh, we dont want to piss anybody off:S

Again

to bad our government does not have the guts to stand up for free speech that might offend someone.

Again

to bad our government does not have the guts to stand up for free speech that might offend someone.

Seems to me we are headed the other way
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yes, good for Minister Moore. Very bad for the institution. The cancellation shows how the bureaucracy has fallen into this "avoid violence or threats of violence at all costs" mindset.
The National Post reported it, however this story seems strangely absent from the Mothercorp (AKA CBC).

Yeah.. Not one word from CBC... :|
http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2011/01/19/ottawa-iranium-cancellation.html
Remster

Yes, good for Minister Moore. Very bad for the institution. The cancellation shows how the bureaucracy has fallen into this "avoid violence or threats of violence at all costs" mindset.
The National Post reported it, however this story seems strangely absent from the Mothercorp (AKA CBC).

Yeah.. Not one word from CBC... :|
http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2011/01/19/ottawa-iranium-cancellation.html

Yes the MotherCorp did report on this story. Good on the MotherCorp for not censoring it. Just curious have people read some of the blogger comments related to this story? It seems to be fairly balanced pro-Iran versus anti-Iran. But one thing is for sure. There is no shortage of people who hate the government Minister Moore belongs to and are all too happy to be on the side of Iran's demands that this movie be censored here.

Here are a few more stories being reported by the MotherCorp:

Alleged war criminal awaits court in Calgary
Terror suspect appears in Edmonton court

once again good on the MotherCorp for not censoring this. But one really needs to read the blogger comments to see the mindset of some people up here in Canuckistan. The comments seem somewhat balanced but in a certain segment of the population the hate is so strong towards the present government that many people are all too happy to side with certain extremists and war criminals. Oh and if people are sensitive to "I hate America" blogging, they probably should not read some of the comments related to these stories reported on the MotherCorp. The MotherCorp definitely has loyal followers who dislike the USA very very very much.

Isn't open "no questions asked" immigration such a wonderful thing? It allows people to bring their prejudices to a country that was once open and peaceful and given these people new soap boxes to demand that their special interests are met.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go learn Mandarin since my local community is dominated by the Chinese. Hey the Chinese are intelligent, hard working, family oriented people. But many of them want nothing to do with you if you are not one of them and since I can't speak the dominate language in my local area, I am definitely not one of them. I don't know why French is taught in schools outside of Quebec and parts of the Maritimes. We really need to be learning Mandarin and/or Cantonese.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>Isn't open "no questions asked" immigration such a wonderful thing?

Yes, it is! Both the US and Canada got a whole country out of it.

> It allows people to bring their prejudices to a country that was once
> open and peaceful and given these people new soap boxes to
> demand that their special interests are met.

Yep. Like those prejudiced, violent English settlers who had the gall to ask for freedom instead of appreciating the peaceful and beneficient King who was ruling over their new home. Some of them even refused to learn to speak Cherokee!

>We really need to be learning Mandarin and/or Cantonese.

In ten years you'll be glad you did!

In the first place, the US government does not have the authority to either ban or approve the showing of the film in the US.

Second, even the Fox article notes that the film has already been screened in the US.

So all you've done is gotten in another gratuitous, yet thoroughly unintelligent, bash.

In the first place, the US government does not have the authority to either ban or approve the showing of the film in the US.

Second, even the Fox article notes that the film has already been screened in the US.

So all you've done is gotten in another gratuitous, yet thoroughly unintelligent, bash.

your correct in that the government does not have the authority to ban or allow the showings, that was not my point. reread the post and think a little.