rushmc

What would you cut (is a question the libs like to ask)

>entitlements are 55% of budget !

Yes, they are. Would you cut veteran's hospitals? Or is that one of your "sacred cow" entitlements?

why do people always bring out the most important needs to cut, instead we should look at the least important. Lets start with putting congress on social security and medicare, that will fix those programs quick. then make all federal employees take the same retirement programs that the similar job in the private sector has.

Yes, they are. Would you cut veteran's hospitals? Or is that one of your "sacred cow" entitlements?

why do people always bring out the most important needs to cut, instead we should look at the least important. Lets start with putting congress on social security and medicare, that will fix those programs quick. then make all federal employees take the same retirement programs that the similar job in the private sector has.

How much will that save?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Another huge stretch, the Military has EARNED what they get....

?? Are you projecting? I didn't say they didn't earn it. I said it was an entitlement program.

Entitlement programs are programs where access to benefits is guaranteed by law. Veteran's health benefits are one example of this.

You're probably using the conservative definition of "entitlement program" which is "any program that gives money to people who I don't like." And while terms to fit your own political bias can be fun, it also leads to errors like the one you made above.

Man, come on. Do you realize that every force is in the ground right now? We may have our disagreements, and our playful rivalry, and our fight here and there, but I have no issues when they have saved our assess, by requesting aviation back up, or when they fly drones, or when they have been with us in the battlefield. Will post pics later, maybe.

I disagree with you on this one.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

How much will that save?

don't know how much it would save but since the average government employee gets between 60-100k more a year in pay and benifits compared to its private sector equivelant i would bet it is alot.

[
How much would be saved (actual dollar amount) by cutting "welfare", and define exactly which programs you consider welfare (for example, is Social Security "welfare" in your opinion?)

Man, you should make professors and PHD's bad. Did it ever ocurred you to request if people go on welfare, they got to become productive instead of throwing money at them through generations? Is that too much to ask? Of course exceptions can be made, those with medical, physical disadvantage, but how long do we have to maintain a woman that keeps giving birth to multiple fathers, using drugs, allowing the boyfriend to sell drugs in their paid for place of abode, while they go in brand new cars, wearing gold, etc that you see sometimes around on the 1st of every month. Did it ever occurred you that sometimes there is government waste?

So much for you complaining about GWB wastes, not a single peep now...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Do you know how much an average teacher makes in NYC school district? Last I saw it was around 42K, which is not a lot of money.

Starting, bachelor's degree, no teaching experience $45530
Starting, master's degree, no teaching experience $51425
10 years, $64k to $76k, depending on qualifications (education and cerification).
Current maximum just over $100k

Retirement plan, which is something not that many professionals outside the public sector get any more.

So when you said Obama skipping Memorial Day and D-Day was proof he didn't love America you meant... ?

And no wearing the flag until he got elected as POTUS, going to a church were the pastor just prayed that god damn america, and then playing dumb he never heard anything wrong in his 20 years (which I doubt) of attendance, and having friends like ayers, and his wife, and launching his campaign from his house, I mean, we could go on and on. Just because you don't want to see facts, does not mean they do not exist. gee...could you just hold your hatred for anything conservative or american for a little bit?

No my suggestion is to go after the bastards that caused the problems that we're all facing and paying for (through no fault of our own) .. Whilst they sit on their smug backsides and continue to receive greed bonuses.

Ok, I could agree partially with this, but then what do we do with the irresponsible borrowers? The people that want rest of the life pensions, without investing their own money, or people capable of work and not actively seeking for ways to end their predicament? aren't they also part of the problem?

>And no wearing the flag . . .

So when Obama does travel, then "our Preisdent should never need to leave the office, imagin how many Millions saved in unneeded trips.... (bullshit, they are vacations)"

When Obama does not travel, he is disrespecting the troops.

Let's go through your list:

>And no wearing the flag until he got elected

That's not true, of course, but if that had been the case, you would have claimed that he was wearing it to just get votes and that he was a hypocrite.

>going to a church were the pastor just prayed . . . .

And if he hadn't gone to church, you would have claimed that he was a Muslim terrorist atheist God-hating etc etc.

>and having friends like ayers, . . .

And if he hadn't had friends like Ayers, you would have claimed that his past was too squeaky clean and obviously he was hiding something.

We know you hate his guts. Let's consider that a given going forward; it will save you a lot of typing.

>And no wearing the flag . . .

So when Obama does travel, then "our Preisdent should never need to leave the office, imagin how many Millions saved in unneeded trips.... (bullshit, they are vacations)"

When Obama does not travel, he is disrespecting the troops.

Let's go through your list:

>And no wearing the flag until he got elected

That's not true, of course, but if that had been the case, you would have claimed that he was wearing it to just get votes and that he was a hypocrite.

>going to a church were the pastor just prayed . . . .

And if he hadn't gone to church, you would have claimed that he was a Muslim terrorist atheist God-hating etc etc.

>and having friends like ayers, . . .

And if he hadn't had friends like Ayers, you would have claimed that his past was too squeaky clean and obviously he was hiding something.

We know you hate his guts. Let's consider that a given going forward; it will save you a lot of typing.

I am deeply sorry I hurt your feelings. I did not know that Obama meant that much to you. Have you read his books?

Is there something wrong about praying? Or you just going to mock that too?

It seems that you also have a method of guessing, as you say very matter of factly I hate him....wonder what you use.:D:D:D

So when you said Obama skipping Memorial Day and D-Day was proof he didn't love America you meant... ?

And no wearing the flag until he got elected as POTUS, going to a church were the pastor just prayed that god damn america, and then playing dumb he never heard anything wrong in his 20 years (which I doubt) of attendance, and having friends like ayers, and his wife, and launching his campaign from his house, I mean, we could go on and on. Just because you don't want to see facts, does not mean they do not exist. gee...could you just hold your hatred for anything conservative or american for a little bit?

Holy shit, Juanito, you must be a brand new *American* by now! Fighting for good old values, conservative values et al ...

Prolongated service, I guess ;)

Even I do understand your assiduity, where the hell did you find any "hatred for ....... " in Jakees post?

BTW: "America/n" still is written with a capital A - well, you'll learn, I'm sure. Like every upright americano ;);)

edited for typo

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Holy shit, Juanito, you must be a brand new *American* by now! Fighting for good old values, conservative values et al ...

Prolongated service, I guess ;)

Even I do understand your assiduity, where the hell did you find an "hatred for ....... " in Jakees post?

BTW: "America/n" still is written with a capital A - well, you'll learn, I'm sure. Like every upright americano ;);)

So, I guess your estoic arian virtues just shine in your post. I told you a few times ago, that if you call me juanito, is offensive, maybe when I was 14 that would have been fine.

I don't care if you have a fetish with me or not but it is clear that somewhere in your mind you honestly believe you have superb and flawless english writing skills but american can be as well writen in lower case letters.

Was it really necessary that you posted all that insult before getting to your question of where do I see hate in jakees's (or whatever his nick is) ?

Could you pretty please with sugar on the top refrain, abstain, stop, desist on addressing me as juanito? I understand you don't have the spanish language skills I have, but really, seriously, please do.

PS I have been voting in the US since 04. Get new material so you can keep your thinly veiled insults updated.

>Is there something wrong about praying?

?? Uh, no. Pray to whomever you like - and accept that other people do the same.

>It seems that you also have a method of guessing, as you say very
>matter of factly I hate him....

Yep. Pretty easy to see from your posts.

So, hmm, thinking he is a bozo, and has no experience, I hate him. Cool, I did not know that definition of hate.

You are funny. Now please let me go beat my wide.

It seems that you also have a method of guessing, as you say very matter of factly I hate him

Dude, you just told me who it is I hate. Literally, just a handful of posts ago. Less than 20 minutes before you posted that.

C'mon people, is there anyone here who can at least pretend to apply a single standard?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So, hmm, thinking he is a bozo, and has no experience, I hate him. Cool, I did not know that definition of hate.

Uh, see my last post.

Which definition do you use for your guessing games:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Back to the original question that no one seems to have any substantial answer to - what would you cut to balance the budget? (And no, cutting a few million from senator's salaries doesn't count, you have to cut hundreds of billions to have any chance of making a difference)

Here's what I'd cut:

$200 billion from the military. Immediate end of campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan.

$70 billion from Social Security (10%) in the first year, gradually increasing after that. Start a phase-down in retiree benefits. Reduce time unemployment is covered.

$45 billion from Medicare, $30 billion from Medicaid. Reduce coverage overall. Adopt the Oregonian system of sliding-scale coverage based on money available and claims processed.

$8 billion from DHHS - end the AOA, AHRQ, SAMHSA and IHS units. Scale back FDA spending.

$7 billion from the DOT, primarily from the FHA (highway administration.)

$5 billion from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Across-the-board cuts there,

$5 billion from the State Department, primarily from their foreign program divisions.

That gets us a third of the way to a balanced budget. Make up another third in increased taxes - again, across the board, no exemptions for the wealthy. The last third comes inherently from the economic recovery.