Prior23

Interesting Experiment

... in world full of the FURTHEST right thinkers, we would not have the scientific and medical advances we possess now.

... in world full of the FURTHEST left thinkers, we would not have the scientific and medical advances we possess now.

This is why your experiment is not very interesting.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

>What about an individual who prefers living (existing situation) to dying
>(change) and thus advances knowledge in biology, medicine, etc... in order
>to extend life (existing situation)?

Is he lefthanded or righthanded, and does he freefly or belly fly? (Because both of them probably have more to do with a scientists's work than with his political views)

it appears that you believe that liberals advance knowledge while conservatives retard or regress it ...

Truth is truth.

liberalism 1. a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

conservatism - 1. a. the tendency to prefer an existing or traditional situation to change

talk about mangling definitions. Real life liberals are quite different from liberalism.

Just see what happens when nuts like Horowitz, or anyone from Israel, try to speak in Berkeley.

Conservatives are known for trying to impede the progress of science through lack of funding, disbelief in evolution, and ignorance fueled by religion.

Even though that statement is one example of total buy-in to a constructed stereotype and wrong - in other words, bullshit of the most biased kind.

However, even if your assumption was true - we'd return to business as usual within a half generation as people polarize like they always do.

People are just people - your perspective is one that really underpins all kinds ______isms. it assumes that people can be grouped and judged and prejudiced.

I can't help like feeling no matter how many times I repeat myself people will still think I'm saying all conservatives are religious bigots. I will say it again.

In a world full of the FURTHEST RIGHT people, that would include the scientifically ignorant. My example also extends to a world full of the FURTHEST LEFT which would include the people who say the death penalty is not allowed full gun control etc.
B.A.S.E. #1734

Conservatives are known for trying to impede the progress of science through lack of funding, disbelief in evolution, and ignorance fueled by religion

{{then}}

I can't help like feeling no matter how many times I repeat myself people will still think I'm saying all conservatives are religious bigots.

why would they think that??? :o

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Is he lefthanded or righthanded, and does he freefly or belly fly? (Because both of them probably have more to do with a scientists's work than with his political views)

true for 'good' scientists

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Is he lefthanded or righthanded, and does he freefly or belly fly? (Because both of them probably have more to do with a scientists's work than with his political views)

true for 'good' scientists

Just beware of crew dogs...those are really evil:P:ph34r::D
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon