dreamdancer

Israel used 'incredible violence' against Gaza aid flotilla

I've looked at the vids and commented on them already....go back a few posts.....

Really? Where? We must have missed it. Post the link, I'd love to read it and respond. Or you can just give us the post number in this thread, and I can go find it myself.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

All of your points have been debunked several times in this thread.

I don't think they've been "debunked" all that well at all.

No one has been able to tell me why, for instance its acceptable for the IDF to fire hundreds of WP shells into a densely populated Gaza city.

No one!!!. Will you answer?.

Over 300 children were killed in that 3 week period. Israel created 300 sets of parents who no doubt want to take up arms against it.

And you know what?. I don't blame them if they do.

The best we are going to get is stalemate in this argument I think.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I've looked at the vids and commented on them already....go back a few posts.....

Really? Where? We must have missed it. Post the link, I'd love to read it and respond. Or you can just give us the post number in this thread, and I can go find it myself.

I read the last 10 posts he made - I still haven't found any correlation to that video - or those videos that you posted.

It may be that he is waiting for me specifically to post them, I just figured that since you had done the work and put the effort forth I didn't need to. But just in case -

Here I'll even help you out.

Here is another Evidently he got his wish. (Arrested, not killed as he wished, tragic [:/])
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I am a little sceptical of a video of weapons displayed by the IDF after the event. The reasons are simply that at that point the IDF were in serious damage control because of the PR disaster that had befallen them. I don't think the IDF are averse to distributing a little propaganda of their own when it suits their cause, and they had some damge limitation exercise to conduct in this case....

And if they did have such weapons (firearms) why did they not use them?. I don't recall any Israelis suffering gunshot wounds.

And why do you have the idea that I am supporting fanatics, Islamist or otherwise?.

I've said NOTHING about supporting Hamas, Al Quaida or any other fundamentalist nutters out there. That includes fundamentalist Christians, Jews or any other bunch who claim to have a mandate from God.

What I do think, is that Israel in a lot of cases, reaps what it sows, and some of its policies will not bring peace or stability to the Middle East, now or forever. There is a LOT of injustice perpetrated against the Palestinian population, and you don't have to be a supporter of Hamas or any other organisation to recognise that.

Israel has managed to change my view of the situation by its own actions. What really did it was the firing of white phosphorus shells into one of the most densely populated places on the planet.

In my opinion that wasn't war, it was a crime against humanity.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight There is just one of many.
Perhaps a bit of viewing of Hamas TV from the Gaza station showing the training of children to be shahids... that is the true crime against humanity.

If the mullahs think the whole 72 virgin thing is such a great deal.. perhaps THEY should be doing it themselves.. not sending children they have trained to wear the vest to kill Israeli civilians.

Some of the absolute WORST racist crap I have ever seen towards jews.... far worse than the buttstains in the KKK have ever put out.... is put forth on shows like the Mickey Mouse on Hamas TV. They have gotten pretty good at indoctrination.. and are definitely media savvy... as evidenced by this thread.

Well since this thread is about the gaza flotilla(s) why don't you try to stay on topic.

While using WP is legal, I happen to agree that Israel used it improperly. I also abhor the illegal use by Taliban fighters in 2009 and the illegal use by Palestinians earlier this month. Do you agree the Palestinians should be condemned for illegal us of WP? (their use kinda erodes the high ground they claim on the issue, don't you think?)

edit to remove answered question

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

You obviously have a problem with me having an opinion contrary to yours. Why that is I don't really know.

Perhaps a bit of viewing of Hamas TV from the Gaza station showing the training of children to be shahids... that is the true crime against humanity.

Show me the link.....I'd like to see that as well.

If the mullahs think the whole 72 virgin thing is such a great deal.. perhaps THEY should be doing it themselves.. not sending children they have trained to wear the vest to kill Israeli civilians.

I agree with that. 100%.

They have gotten pretty good at indoctrination.. and are definitely media savvy... as evidenced by this thread.

So you think that the mullahs control the live pictures I've seen on BBC, CNN, Sky and various TV news reports I've seen in Germany and Spain, and through that I've been "indoctrinated".

And the Israelis are obviously media ignorant!.

Funny, I've always prided myself on having an OPEN mind of my own. I am quite clearly a puppet being manipulated by Islamist fundamentalists.

Shall I blow myself up now, or later.....

Well since this thread is about the gaza flotilla(s) why don't you try to stay on topic.......

It's hard to look at the blockade incident as an isolated, stand-alone event. Without some "thread drift" providing historical context from differing POVs there would have only been a couple of followup posts. #2 I agree and #3 I disagree. ...nothing more to say after that other than a roll call.

I've watched both the Gaza assault

have you also watched the assault FROM Gaza on southern Israel that included daily missiles and rockets?

I cannot see how pictures and videos what I've witnessed on TV can be anything other than what they show

Have you heard of editing? you know, the thing editors do to make sure you see what they want you to see.
it's funny but you say the videos supporting Israel's versions are not the whole truth but you blindly follow media outlets who's main interest is not simply to show you the truth. Media has an agenda and you should know that when you follow the news.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Well since this thread is about the gaza flotilla(s) why don't you try to stay on topic. Where is it you responded to the videos?

While using WP is legal, I happen to agree that Israel used it improperly. I also abhor the illegal use by Taliban fighters in 2009 and the illegal use by Palestinians earlier this month. Do you agree the Palestinians should be condemned for illegal us of WP? (their use kinda erodes the high ground they claim on the issue, don't you think?)

The denial of the fact that Hamas is at war with the Israelis is rather telling.
Personally, I got sick of hearing about that conflict back in the 70's when we almost went to war with the Soviets over it.

Neither side has the moral high ground.

Both sides are rather blind because they have eye for an eyed themselves to blindness.

BUT that said... the Israeli's ARE a democratic nation that HAS pursued a path that could lead to peace. The fanatics on the other side.... have not.

When I see the propaganda that Hamas and the other groups put out... I KNOW who my enemy is.

The enemy of my enemy may not be my best friend... but I trust them a hell of a lot more than the fundamentalist racist buttstains that are just continuing the same crap that they did in WWII

A little History of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem is in order since one poster seemed to be so moved by Auschwitz. It is an interesting article that puts some things in perspective.

Well since this thread is about the gaza flotilla(s) why don't you try to stay on topic. Where is it you responded to the videos?

I already said. Posts...215, 217, 220.....And I think the topic encompasses the Gaza conflict quite appropriately, because I'm mostly talking about IDF OVERREACTION.

You contradict yourself...its legal when widely used by Israel against a densely populated city, yet illegal when used by the Taliban and Palestinian fighters?.

Israel fired hundreds if not thousands of WP shells over 3 weeks in Gaza. And I don't think the Taliban give a rats arse what they use or who they use it against....they are barbarians, period.

I'm sure the Palestinians use whatever they can get their hands on, but I would doubt very much that they have huge amounts of WP or use it extensively. However it is horrible shit and should not be used by anybody.

And I don't think their firing rockets into Israel is a very good plan either.

Have you heard of editing? you know, the thing editors do to make sure you see what they want you to see.
it's funny but you say the videos supporting Israel's versions are not the whole truth but you blindly follow media outlets who's main interest is not simply to show you the truth. Media has an agenda and you should know that when you follow the news.

So you are saying that the broadcasts I watched daily for 3 weeks of the assault on Gaza were false?.

All the explosions and airbursts of WP, the destruction on the ground, all the smoke, the dead bodies......were all fictitious, made up in Hamas studios and distributed to a gullible world press.

As were the fatalities....1100 odd Palestinians and 13 Israelis. They were just playing dead?.

I'm really sorry...I got it all wrong. How could I be so stupid!!!.

Silly me.

Why????

Because we post link after link and you seem incapable of clicking on them..

Ummmm....what part of: "I've clicked on them and commented on them" is difficult to understand?.

I will look at the Hamas links, but not right now...its 1.42 a.m. and its time to sleep.

So you are saying that the broadcasts I watched daily for 3 weeks of the assault on Gaza were false?.

All the explosions and airbursts of WP, the destruction on the ground, all the smoke, the dead bodies......were all fictitious, made up in Hamas studios and distributed to a gullible world press.

As were the fatalities....1100 odd Palestinians and 13 Israelis. They were just playing dead?.

Silly me.

don't play naive.
false? no. biased towards an existing agenda, very much so.
Did you ask yourself why you didn't hear about the hundreds of rockets fired out of Gaza prior to this operation? This is why Israel attacked Hamas in Gaza, not because it felt like killing people.

you keep forgeting the Israel has pulled out of Gaza years ago. Israel don't want to be in Gaza and trust me when I tell you that no Israeli is happy when Israeli troops are drawn back into Gaza. but when rockets fly out of there and they keep stockpiling more and more weapons, what would you do?

don't play naive.

Don't treat me like a mindless idiot then!!!.

false? no.

So, true then.

How can factual live pictures show "bias to an existing agenda"

Whose agenda?. CNN's?. BBC?. Why would they not report it. It happened, even if someone had an agenda....

IT HAPPENED!!.

And yes I did see footage of a few rockets go back over the fence, during the conflict. Most were quite small, totally innaccurate, and caused minor damage.

And that was what I saw of Israeli footage. One hit a street and left a crater about a foot deep and about the same wide. I certainly didn't see whole buildings demolished and on fire like happened in Gaza.

I've seen fireworks displays with bigger bangs than some of the squibs fired by Hamas ovewr that 3 weeks. Their efforts seemed very amateurish to me.

Silly me.

to my knowledge there is no such thing as a wpvt , or a wp shell variable timer shell fuse combination . fae , yes icm , yes , dual icm , yes , hevt , yes , , but wpvt, no , and it doesn't make much sense , quick is the fuse for wp , it then concentrates the thermal effects , spreading it out in an airburst would nearly neutralise , even completely neutralise the most efficient effects.

Don't treat me like a mindless idiot then!!!.

I don't. if I thought you were a mindless idiot I wouldn't be talking to you.
I don't respond well to people who just say things to provoke and there a couple of them here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

false? no.

So, true then.

How can factual live pictures show "bias to an existing agenda"

Whose agenda?. CNN's?. BBC?. Why would they not report it. It happened, even if someone had an agenda....

this is not binary. there is a lot between absolute truth and absolute false and that's were bias plays.
and yes, the agenda of CNN, BBC and the others. the agenda of their field crews who are often local palestinians, the agenda of the editor who want to show an apealing story (and blood and sensation sell better) and the agenda of showing things in a simple, easy to grasp way that may fit in a 30 second segment but lacks any context and ignores the complexity of the situation

And yes I did see footage of a few rockets go back over the fence, during the conflict. Most were quite small, totally innaccurate, and caused minor damage.

before the operation started there were often dozens a day. now this may look like minor damage to you but would you be willing to live in a place were rockets randomly fall? would you agree to send your kids to a school in such an area? would you agree for your government not to respond to such attacks?

its really easy to dismiss small rockets when you are not there but what would you do when there are hundreds of rockets launched continuously?

The best we are going to get is stalemate in this argument I think.

with the members you are coming up against at the moment that is all we are going to get. don't let them get you wound up. i've been plugging away on this front now for over a year and i think progress is being made. in the meantime we await the iran confrontation. with the western economies in dire straits and the new chinese empire rising another big war is on the cards.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

its really easy to dismiss small rockets when you are not there but what would you do when there are hundreds of rockets launched continuously?

He doesn't repspond to hypotheticals.

I gave him a simple one to answer and it was ignores as well.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun