skygypsie

Largest growing group seeking public assistance !

Since when is being concerned about the financial state of this Country, given the hand outs of todays Administration, or the future of those same group of young adults, their offspring & to those who've already paid their dues...HYPOCRITICAL ?

Right, so this was a, "I hate Obama" thread in disguise. You guys haven't become more creative, altho you think you have been.

Student loans have been going on for decades, but you now just assign them to Obama in Brilliant.

Tell me what Obama / admin has spent money on, esp that GWB didn't. Tell me how it was wasteful.

I just heard on a newscast today,...

Quit watching/listening to Fox, Newsmax, Limbaugh, etc

Actually, I heard it on a radio news broadcast from local dj, from our local radio station !
I'm totally aware of gov't fed media propaganda !
Again, I'm a product of the 60's-70's...all too familiar with the Viet Nam -v-Westmoreland-v- LBJ induced propaganda of the time, throughout, to include current events !

Since when is being concerned about the financial state of this Country, given the hand outs of todays Administration, or the future of those same group of young adults, their offspring & to those who've already paid their dues...HYPOCRITICAL ?

Right, so this was a, "I hate Obama" thread in disguise. You guys haven't become more creative, altho you think you have been.

Student loans have been going on for decades, but you now just assign them to Obama in Brilliant.

Tell me what Obama / admin has spent money on, esp that GWB didn't. Tell me how it was wasteful.

Whao...down boy !
Ok, so we're going off thread abit ...
I voted for Obama ! I said I AM a Democrat !
You are right, I stand corrected when I isolated my statement as: " this Administration" !
There was not one thing about GWB, I condoned.
His condescending & smug, smirk was as despicable as he was as Commander in Chief !
Let's just say I can't figure out where all this money being 'loaned' out for bail outs is coming from, continuing on in this Administration !
Or why ?
Ya can't continue to borrow from Peter, to pay Paul, without Mary starting to get a r@g on!
I went back to College when I was 48 to become a Nurse. Thank God for MY student loans !
I agree most college students couldn't get by without the Government's aid, keeping in mind Government means " we the people" !
Quite a few parents can no longer foot the bill.
I'm sure obtaining any kind of job, while attending school is few & far between. I get that !
Every individual deserves assistance when applicable, or entitled.
It is the abuse of the entitlements, and indication of some of the young adults trends, that gives me concern.
Afterall, these same young adults; party to the abuse, may be those we all rely on in the future to pick up the pieces !

You're quite the angry person, aren't you? Whatever; talk to the hand.

damn right I'm mad & scared to death...full of cancer & still packing my ass off. when those hands you say to talk to, cover the eyes of so many...scared to death ( & this is as to the why I bring my sons & grandkids in the picture "GeorgiaDon" )...scared to death for their future, when I can't, & won't be here to help them out.
Are you going to have their backs ?...or you?...or you?...or you?
and to you "Billvon"..I guess I do " bite the hands, that feed me !"
Enough said...you all have a good day...
~ Blessings n' BlueSkies ~ B|

While I'm sorry for your medical condition, which you now mention, your ranting posts over the last couple of days have bordered on the irrational. If you're seeking people who are willing to try to have a sensible discussion with you, you're not going about it very well.

I'm sorry. You're using complete sentences. I don't believe that's part of the agreement you signed before being allowed to post in SC.

Anyone who can't infer the right meaning from any given random collection of words is just a luzer.
:P:S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just heard on a newscast today, the largest growing number of people applying for food stamps & public assistance are College Students.

It's no wonder given how & what so many College students spend their student loans & government student grants on.
I understand a large number need the monies to get through their college educations, & I have absolutely no problem with that.
I also know too well how alot of them support their social life, cosmetic surgery & enhancements, spring break & vacations abroad, & even their tandem & student progression jumps, is financed by their student loans & grants.
I'd say 90% of all 1st time tandem & s/l jumps are college students, I've experienced in my 4 yrs. as a fulltime DZ Staffer.
Though, some acknowledge they were bought the jump as a gift, worked for it, or it was purchased for them. Quite a few, if not most, have indicated they were using their student loan money.
They are also given extra consideration in charge card aps & approvals, & car loans, especially for College students.
A few weeks ago, a news story indicated college students were the largest growing group of those filing bankruptcy.
We're really in trouble if those just fresh out of the gate have these financial woes & cost & effect ignorance !
What's worse, Corporate America & Our System obviously condones it, by supporting them.

maybe it has something to do with Obama talking about his mother collecting food stamps while going to college, If it is ok for lazy barry and his mom, it must be ok for the rest.

Personal finance is one of the most important skills a person will use in their lifetime. But why is it that this extremely important skill is not taught to High School kids? It's probably not taught because the teachers themselves are clueless to this topic. Unless the parents instill this ever so important skill to their kids from an early age (which they should be doing), when these kids grow up and leave home for University (or leave home for whatever else) they have no concept as to what is good debt, what is bad debt and how it all should be managed.

We live in a "I want it now, how much will my payment be?" society versus "I want it, I will save for it and once I have saved enough money for it, I will buy it". I am as guilty as the next person. Two years ago I purchased my German made 911 sports car. At the time I asked myself, can I wait the two years to save up the money? and I said fuck it I bought it on credit. Of course this is my only debt (I am lucky enough that over the years I paid off my mortgage in full and have no debt except for my car). Anyway, society's parents have failed their children in regard to personal finance, because somewhere down the line in the last 20-40 years parents stopped being good parents in preparing their children for the world. Monkey see, monkey do. I want it now ... how much will my payments be?

But I guess having multiple Liberal Art History degrees and a student debt of 100k is much more important than knowing the difference between debt and a deficit. Society is heading downhill real fast and it all can be traced to poor parenting.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>But why is it that this extremely important skill is not taught to High School kids?

It is, but they call it "math." The basics of personal finance management are pretty easy to learn.

>It's probably not taught because the teachers themselves are clueless to this topic.

Well, more because it's not a course. I mean, high schools don't teach a "wash your hands" class either, even though that's probably the #1 way to avoid epidemics. That's not because teachers are clueless about washing their hands - it's because health class covers that.

>But why is it that this extremely important skill is not taught to High School kids?

It is, but they call it "math." The basics of personal finance management are pretty easy to learn.

>It's probably not taught because the teachers themselves are clueless to this topic.

Well, more because it's not a course. I mean, high schools don't teach a "wash your hands" class either, even though that's probably the #1 way to avoid epidemics. That's not because teachers are clueless about washing their hands - it's because health class covers that.

+1

So what you are saying is that Obama must not have ever attended a math course then.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Looks like Lucky was right.

If that is the way you see it, then you might need some remedial courses as well.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>If that is the way you see it, then you might need some remedial courses as well.

He accurately called it - and you played right into it.

Why because Obama spends money that we don't have? Becasue he can't understand basic economics?

Or are you just trying to stir the pot?

Edit to say:
And he might very well be right . . . I wouldn't know, I haven't read (at the very most, skimmed lightly) one of his posts in quite a while.

But I do believe that you are becoming more and more like him with every post you make.

Yes the bare bones basics of personal finance are contain with the knowledge of how to do grade 4 math. But I speak of a broader spectrum. You know knowledge of how income, expenses, taxes, debt and various investment vehicles effect one's balance sheet. The basics can still be taught to the children by their parents. Instead of giving a child just an allowance, how about giving them an allowance which is taxed by the parent and have further household expenses deducted showing the child it takes money to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Then if the child wants to buy some candy or some toy with what is left over from their taxes and household expenses, teach them that they can buy it now with credit, but show them how it will effect future allowance payments by still taxing them the same amount, but giving them less because they have debt which needs to be paid back. Finally, teach them to invest some of their allowance which lowers their taxes. But (LOL this is the controversial side of it all) occasionally take away some of their investment teaching them that not all investments are safe and that one should seriously consider "can you afford to lose 100% of a given investment" before you make it.

Start slow and work your way up with your children teaching them these important life skills and maybe we would have a generation of young adults who are not relying on the government to get them through life. But I forget, it is so much easier to park your rear end in front of the TV or the computer instead of parents teaching their children how to be proactive good personal money managers preparing them for the important early adult years as opposed to being dependent on the bankrupt nanny state right out of the gate. Monkey see, monkey do.

>Why because Obama spends money . . .

Nope. Because you turned it into an Obama-bash, as he predicted. You're slipping a bit, though; it took you 39 posts.

Well besides the fact that you do resemble him and his posts more every day,

Why did you think it woudln't? Money is the driving force of the Obamination.

This thread should NOT be about the messiah, since the personal debt problems of individuals started way before the chosen savior came to us to save the world. But one does have to laugh at ObamaSpendORama to a certain degree. He makes GWB look like a fiscal conservative. :ph34r:

This thread should NOT be about the messiah, since the personal debt problems of individuals started way before the chosen savior came to us to save the world. But one does have to laugh at ObamaSpendORama to a certain degree. He makes GWB look like a fiscal conservative. :ph34r:

He makes Bush look like a smart man.:|