Kennedy

Iraq Veteran Stripped of Rights

That is such a load of opinionated shit.

Join the US military, serve your time, then com back and say the same thing if it applies.

In stead of your emotional reply, why don't you explain how invading Iraq protected the rights and freedom in the US?

It was unfinished business from Desert Storm, of which I was a part of.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Serving in the military is not the same as protecting rights and freedom in the US.

So says the man who never served.

That kind of demagoguery is beneath your brains and education. There is no way in hell that military service is even a moral prerequisite to the standing of a citizen of a democratic republic to criticize the foreign and military policy of his nation's government.

That is such a load of opinionated shit.

Join the US military, serve your time, then com back and say the same thing if it applies.

In stead of your emotional reply, why don't you explain how invading Iraq protected the rights and freedom in the US?

I already answered this. Each individual soldier serves the collective purpose of the military, which serves the collective needs of the nation.

Feel free to just admit you don't support those soldiers, that you're blaming them for the decisions made by the Bush Administration.

Serving in the military is not the same as protecting rights and freedom in the US.

That kind of demagoguery is beneath your brains and education. There is no way in hell that military service is even a moral prerequisite to the standing of a citizen of a democratic republic to criticize the foreign and military policy of his nation's government.

No, it is not. You are correct, however, if he would like to make an informed, realistic, valid argument, it is.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

No, it is not. You are correct, however, if he would like to make an informed, realistic, valid argument, it is.

That's just utter nonsense on its face.

That's just utter nonsense on its face.

What branch did you serve in?

Serving in the military puts you in the position of executing the policy of the US. Hopefully, the policy of the US is designed to protect our rights and freedoms.

But whether those actions actually do is a political, and not a military, discussion. Whether soldiers, sailors, and marines have signed up to protect the US rights and freedoms is not a political discussion (and really it's not a discussion at all).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Serving in the military puts you in the position of executing the policy of the US. Hopefully, the policy of the US is designed to protect our rights and freedoms.

But whether those actions actually do is a political, and not a military, discussion. Whether soldiers, sailors, and marines have signed up to protect the US rights and freedoms is not a political discussion (and really it's not a discussion at all).

Wendy P.

Evidently there are some that don't understand that idea.

Well, I read exactly that into what the folks you're disagreeing with have posted. If someone thinks that the war is NOT furthering rights and freedoms in the US, doesn't that mean that one doesn't think that what the soldiers are doing (i.e. fighting in the war) is furthering those rights?

It's a tough line to walk and talk about, because it's way above the pay grade of most individual soldiers.

It's all part of the concept that people can disagree with one piece and agree with another of ideas, arguments, institutions.

Personally, I think that our soldiers are doing the absolute best with what they have, in a situation most should not have been put into in the first place.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, I read exactly that into what the folks you're disagreeing with have posted. If someone thinks that the war is NOT furthering rights and freedoms in the US, doesn't that mean that one doesn't think that what the soldiers are doing (i.e. fighting in the war) is furthering those rights?

It's a tough line to walk and talk about, because it's way above the pay grade of most individual soldiers.

It's all part of the concept that people can disagree with one piece and agree with another of ideas, arguments, institutions.

Personally, I think that our soldiers are doing the absolute best with what they have, in a situation most should not have been put into in the first place.

Wendy P.

Unless you don't agree that the world is a better place without Saddam Hussain and then we will disagree about that.

You've got a point (and thanks for the vote of confidence). I should have gotten into a deaper post along the lines of what Wendy said. I was short on time and patience when I posted.

If you're reading this post thank a teacher.
If you're reading it in English, thank a US Soldier, Seaman, Airman, or Marine.
All of the above would be even better.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Feel free to just admit you don't support those soldiers, that you're blaming them for the decisions made by the Bush Administration.

I understand it is hard for you to grasp that people can make a distinction between the two.

I understand that you are the one having the trouble.

I understand that you are the one having the trouble.

You only understand what you want to understand.

Choose - not want . . .

Don't you wish you had the same free will?

Posts from you tend to remind me of the little kid yelling:

I know what you are, but what am I

The next time a killed Canadian soldier comes home, I will once again be holding our flag, standing on a bridge over the Highway of Heroes to pay my respects.

I am sure you'll be adding one of your posts to a thread in the Bonfire at the same time.....

Posts from you tend to remind me of the little kid yelling:

The next time a killed Canadian soldier comes home, I will once again be holding our flag, standing on a bridge over the Highway of Heroes to pay my respects.

I am sure you'll be adding one of your posts to a thread in the Bonfire at the same time.....

Could be . . . But lemme ask you this: Why is that Canadian dead? Who pulled the trigger or blew him up?

Could be . . . But lemme ask you this: Why is that Canadian dead? Who pulled the trigger or blew him up?

In some cases a Canadian
In some cases an American
In some cases an Afghani

In all cases I am proud he served our country.
In all cases I don't agree the mission he was on has protected my rights or my freedom.
In all cases I do agree the mission in Afghanistan is just and right.

(we aren't in Iraq, other than some canadian soldiers who were serving with American units, but in that case the last line would have been negative)