dreamdancer

Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew

i'm tall dark and handsome...

A Palestinian man has been convicted of rape after having consensual sex with a woman who had believed him to be a fellow Jew.

Sabbar Kashur, 30, was sentenced to 18 months in prison on Monday after the court ruled that he was guilty of rape by deception. According to the complaint filed by the woman with the Jerusalem district court, the two met in downtown Jerusalem in September 2008 where Kashur, an Arab from East Jerusalem, introduced himself as a Jewish bachelor seeking a serious relationship. The two then had consensual sex in a nearby building before Kashur left.

When she later found out that he was not Jewish but an Arab, she filed a criminal complaint for rape and indecent assault.

Although Kashur was initially charged with rape and indecent assault, this was changed to a charge of rape by deception as part of a plea bargain arrangement.

Handing down the verdict, Tzvi Segal, one of three judges on the case, acknowledged that sex had been consensual but said that although not "a classical rape by force," the woman would not have consented if she had not believed Kashur was Jewish.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/21/arab-guilty-rape-consensual-sex-jew
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

i'm tall dark and handsome...

Handing down the verdict, Tzvi Segal, one of three judges on the case, acknowledged that sex had been consensual but said that although not "a classical rape by force," the woman would not have consented if she had not believed Kashur was Jewish.

well, she can make her own determination for tall, dark, or handsome (depending on how many beers she's had), but let's add single, successful, loves kids, and a thousand other half truths.

Rape by deception= Telling a lie to get a woman into bed

YIKES!!! How many men would be left walking the streets?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I was curious whether other Western jurisdictions have "rape by deception" or similar laws (outside the context of statutory rape; in other words other than consensual sex with a minor), so I did a quick Google search. It's a work in progress, but from what I can tell so far:

The UK also has a "rape by deception" criminal statute. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/6589249.stm
"Rape by fraud" is a crime in Alabama, California, Michigan, Kansas and Tennessee. (multiple sources) The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court recently ruled that consensual sex based on mere fraud or deception is not enough to constitute rape, so in response there apparently is now a bill floating around the Mass Legislature to criminalize rape by fraud, mirroring the AL, CA, MI, KA and TE statutes. (multiple sources) I also skimmed a law review article that argues that rape by fraud is a recognized crime in Canada. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwings.buffalo.edu%2Flaw%2Fbclc%2Fbclrarticles%2F4(1)%2Fboylepdf.pdf&ei=LApHTLyhLMGBlAfAlsHrAw&usg=AFQjCNEkZpqvbyChJtdIKnTOucbKwYMHpA

While he may be a lying SOB, this shouldn't be criminal.

I thought that lying about being Jewish was itself criminal in Israel--regardless of whether the reasons for telling such a lie have anything to do with sex or not.

Although I might not fully agree with such a law, I do understand why Israel, given its history as a nation, might find it necessary to have such a law on the books.

And I would think that any time you commit another crime to obtain sex, that surely must be considered rape. So the legal reasoning here does make some sense actually. It's not so much that he lied to obtain sex--it's that he committed a crime under Israeli law to obtain sex.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I thought that lying about being Jewish was itself criminal in Israel

Where did you get that from?
The only place this might be relevant is for religious issue such as marriage, religious burial, etc.

I can't think of any other official business where your religion matters.

sure, its illeagal to lie to the authorities in general (which is true everywhere) but I never come across anything saying that its specifically criminal to lie about being Jewish.
Again, the only place where your religion matters is for religious issues.
the only exception maybe being the law that allows Jews to immigrate to Israel.

If obtaining sex by fraud is criminal, then I guess he's guilty. I'm still not 100% comfortable with this rulling though.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

The only place this might be relevant is for religious issue such as marriage, religious burial, etc.

I can't find an immediate reference but it definitely WAS in some official context like marriage, religious burial, immigration, etc--so it is quite possible it doesn't apply generally. I guess I was thinking on hearing this story that they must have taken some official steps towards marriage and that at some point his non-Jewish status emerged and an official line had been crossed.

The article is silent about exactly how she found out he was not Jewish. Presumably he must have been circumcised or she would not have agreed to sex in the first place. :)
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

So she had no problem fucking the dude when she thought she was a fellow Jew but cried rape when she found out the guy was not Jewish...............

Sadly it doesn’t surprise me one bit we are talking about Israel.

Reminds me of Racist people we have here who have no issue with their daughters going out on dates as long as it ain’t no Nigger.

Ignorance its everywhere.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I can't find an immediate reference but it definitely WAS in some official context like marriage, religious burial, immigration, etc--so it is quite possible it doesn't apply generally.

Well it makes sense that if you want to get married in a Jewish religious ceremony, you should be Jewish...

for civilian matters, it doesn't matter (again with the exception of the immigration law which was meant to ensure that every Jew could find refuge in Israel).

As for this case, I didnt know there was a "rape by fraud" law and in any way I don't think it should be criminal to be an asshole...

I can't find an immediate reference but it definitely WAS in some official context like marriage, religious burial, immigration, etc--so it is quite possible it doesn't apply generally. I guess I was thinking on hearing this story that they must have taken some official steps towards marriage and that at some point his non-Jewish status emerged and an official line had been crossed.

The article is silent about exactly how she found out he was not Jewish. Presumably he must have been circumcised or she would not have agreed to sex in the first place. :)

muslims are circumsised too.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Are you really going to draw the racist card here?

while what he did shouldn't be criminal, he does get serious asshole points for that.

Or maybe you should ask Arab girls who tried to date people their families didn't "approve of".
oh wait, you can't since they were killed for "dishonoring their families.."

seriously, you should lay off that because you'll end up losing...

how did she even find out? I was thinking he must have lied in some official capacity and that is how she found out--and then he was charged.

It couldn’t possibly be just that she is a racisist that’s just not possible it has to be some how the Arab guys fault.

Where have I seen this type of mentality before. OH from every Israeli supporter on here.

Are you really going to draw the racist card here?

Are you high?

If i say were freinds and then say were not just because your a jewish thats not racism?

This is the definition of racism.

You like someone enough to fuck them but when you find out their not your religion you call it rape?

while what he did shouldn't be criminal, he does get serious asshole points for that.

Yep he is an ass hole. Agreed he lied to get pussy.
Now I can understand not wanting to be lied to, but it says a lot more about her when her only issue is that he lied about being Jewish don’t you think?

Or maybe you should ask Arab girls who tried to date people their families didn't "approve of".
oh wait, you can't since they were killed for "dishonoring their families.."

I find it sad that you need compare your countries laws to such horrors in an attempted to not acknowledge the truth.

I don’t represent all “evil Muslims” Ori, and don’t know of anyone who has killed there daughters. As a matter of fact everyone in my family the woman have a higher education then most of the guys.

So how about you stay on subject and tell me why you feel the need to protect someone who sole decision process went from. WOW I want to fuck that guy, to oh he is not Jewish he should go to jail.

If i say were freinds and then say were not just because your a jewish thats not racism?

Unless I specifically told you I wasn't so we could be friends in the first place. By that I lied to you in the first place, which would piss you off.

and you know what, a woman can be racist when she decides who to sleep with and who not to. its her right.
it doesn't make it rape if she fails to make the distinction in advance.

You like someone enough to fuck them but when you find out their not your religion you call it rape?

no it's not rape.
it is fucked up to lie to someone just to get them to sleep with you though

While he may be a lying SOB, this shouldn't be criminal.

I thought that lying about being Jewish was itself criminal in Israel--regardless of whether the reasons for telling such a lie have anything to do with sex or not.

Although I might not fully agree with such a law, I do understand why Israel, given its history as a nation, might find it necessary to have such a law on the books.

And I would think that any time you commit another crime to obtain sex, that surely must be considered rape. So the legal reasoning here does make some sense actually. It's not so much that he lied to obtain sex--it's that he committed a crime under Israeli law to obtain sex.

would a jewish guy be prosecuted if he lied to an arab woman to get her into bed?
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

sorry, i missed the other part of your post.

Now I can understand not wanting to be lied to, but it says a lot more about her when her only issue is that he lied about being Jewish don’t you think?

yes. which is why I dont think its a criminal matter.

I find it sad that you need compare your countries laws to such horrors in an attempted to not acknowledge the truth.

you try to make it appear as if there is a law that Jewish girls are not allowed to sleep with Arabs.
this is not the case and you know it.

Most of the reactions in Israel to this issue are that this is not a criminal issue and that she should have lived with it and moved on.

I don’t represent all “evil Muslims” Ori,

no, but you say all Israelis are racist because one girl got upset that the guy lied to her about being Jewish.