Lucky...

Congress passes Wall Street reform

Now watch WS rebel by crashing the market, fuckin babies usually do.

I knew you would love this bill......

The dems just killed an entire field of work with this bill among doing other damage. Funny thing about it is... I didn't see Fannie/Freddie addressed at all.... so weird right? :S

Some things needed to change but as usual it was taken to an extreme and it will hurt the economy.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

What I find ironic is that you embrace these massive takeovers by government, but I suspect you don't truly trust the government...where am I off here?

Back to the topic, this legislation is probably more intrusive than the health care law. It touches everything from ATM cards to Wall Street and even worse, it's not what's in the law, but what the various agencies are now empowered to do. Of course, at 2300 pages, we can be assured that no one read this piece of sh*t either.

Even worse - this monster doesn't touch Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. So, what problem does this really solve? ATM fees? Hardly a milestone to concern the issues that affected the economy. Car loans? Please. ...but home loan issues, well apparently those don't need to be taken into account with this bill.

So, for conservatives, the worry is that the industry will get log-jammed, and for liberals, well, just answer the phone from that lobbyist, because your signing checks off the devil's checkbook and you will pay the piper.

I can totally respect one's argument and enjoy the banter of back-and-forth, but really, what sense is coming out of this Congress? None. You cannot claim a victory (assuming you're for this legislation) on this law if it doesn't touch entities that hold 80% of the mortgages in the US, and thus the process by which such holdings came to be.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The dems just killed an entire field of work with this bill among doing other damage. ...... it will hurt the economy.

no no no

If you READ Lucky's point, the damage will be done ON PURPOSE by WS as a political response.

Don't you know that Wall Street only does stuff to support a political party?

It's pretty naive to assume WS does things based on projected economic impact to stupid inputs such as poorly thought out legislation, or swings in the economy and business environment?

sheessh

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The dems just killed an entire field of work with this bill among doing other damage.

Fields of work that result in trillions of losses and hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars being diverted to the people who cause those losses deserve to be killed.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The dems just killed an entire field of work with this bill among doing other damage.

Fields of work that result in trillions of losses and hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars being diverted to the people who cause those losses deserve to be killed.

Yet Fannie and Freddie are not addressed at all? Odd isn't it? :S
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

that's great - so clearly you were opposed to any of the "stimulus bills" on either GWB or Obama's watch

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that's great - so clearly you were opposed to any of the "stimulus bills" on either GWB or Obama's watch

Don't confuse "stimulus" with "bailout".

I think the stimulus was needed. I opposed bailing out the Wall Street Whiz Kids who dumped us in this mess.

Don't confuse "stimulus" with "bailout".

I think the stimulus was needed. I opposed bailing out the Wall Street Whiz Kids who dumped us in this mess.

And.......?

No comment on Fannie/Freddie?

I think the stimulus was needed.

I agree -

a false/fake temporary economic upturn resulting in even harder crashing afterwards will wake the population up

let's do it again a few times

I think the stimulus was needed.

I agree -

a false/fake temporary economic upturn resulting in even harder crashing afterwards will wake the population up

let's do it again a few times

I believe it's referred to as a 'dead cat bounce'.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

You kind of stepped over both the fannie and freddie comments.

The government needs to look no further than itself to find the root cause of the financial crisis. In attempts to meet a dual public and private mission, Fannie and Freddie endorsed lower and lower underwriting standards which allowed significantly less credit-worthy borrowers to purchase homes. These new standards then paved the way for financial institutions to begin seeking new ways to underwrite and approve loans, degrading the overall creditworthiness of securitized products.

“From the current handwringing, you'd think that the banks came up with the idea of looser underwriting standards on their own, with regulators just asleep on the job. In fact, it was the regulators who relaxed these standards--at the behest of community groups and "progressive" political forces. . . . For years, rising house prices hid the default problems since quick refinances were possible. But now that house prices have stopped rising, we can clearly see the damage done by relaxed loan standards.” Stan Liebowitz, University of Texas at Dallas (New York Post, February 5, 2008)

“Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues, I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie…Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit, when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.” Rep. Artur Davis (D-Ala.) (USA Today, October 14, 2008)

Yep, down 361 points - poor babies. They may suck the market down a bit more, then greed takes over and they buy cheap, driving teh market up. They just can't help themselves.

You kind of stepped over both the fannie and freddie comments.

The government needs to look no further than itself to find the root cause of the financial crisis. In attempts to meet a dual public and private mission, Fannie and Freddie endorsed lower and lower underwriting standards which allowed significantly less credit-worthy borrowers to purchase homes. These new standards then paved the way for financial institutions to begin seeking new ways to underwrite and approve loans, degrading the overall creditworthiness of securitized products.

“From the current handwringing, you'd think that the banks came up with the idea of looser underwriting standards on their own, with regulators just asleep on the job. In fact, it was the regulators who relaxed these standards--at the behest of community groups and "progressive" political forces. . . . For years, rising house prices hid the default problems since quick refinances were possible. But now that house prices have stopped rising, we can clearly see the damage done by relaxed loan standards.” Stan Liebowitz, University of Texas at Dallas (New York Post, February 5, 2008)

“Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues, I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie…Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit, when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.” Rep. Artur Davis (D-Ala.) (USA Today, October 14, 2008)

What % of bad loans were made to low income borrowers?

Who invented credit default swaps? Fannie or Freddie?

Which rating agency giving AAA ratings to junk is controlled by Fannie or Freddie?

The Democrats got us into this mess and do you think they will get us out? no way!:S
Read these ....
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36665

The only thing Democrats are good at is blaming others for their own mistakes...>:(

What a CROCK.. DUDE you dug up a political hack job BY one of the political HACKS:S:S:S

Commentary by Kevin Hassett - September 22, 2008 00:04 EDT

Kevin Allen Hassett is an American economist. He is best known for his work in macroeconomics and tax policy and for coauthoring Dow 36,000, published in 1999. Hassett is currently a senior fellow and director of economic policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute. He was John McCain's chief economic adviser in the 2000 presidential primaries and an economic adviser to the campaigns of George W. Bush in the 2004 presidential election and McCain in the presidential election of 2008.

Nice try.. but a political hack spouting crap... is still just so much anal drippage.

Nice try.. but a political hack spouting crap... is still just so much anal drippage.

Now, class, as you can see this is an example of how she shows how she gathers the whole level of "Respect" that she demands here.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Now, class, as you can see this is an example of how she shows how she gathers the whole level of "Respect" that she demands here.

I know the numbnuts around here all too well...The only people they respect are their fellow travellers goosestepping to that fringe right beat and I know how they like to scurry away from the inconvienient truths about the people they keep voting for time after time after time...face it the rePUBIClowns you guys voted for.... SCREWED AMERICA

I know the numbnuts around here all too well...The only people they respect are their fellow travellers goosestepping to that fringe right beat and I know how they like to scurry away from the inconvienient truths about the people they keep voting for time after time after time...face it the rePUBIClowns you guys voted for.... SCREWED AMERICA

And to think, I thought Billvon, Quade, and Kallend all respected each other. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just a thoughtc . . . isn't that profiling and stereotyping?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

And to think, I thought Billvon, Quade, and Kallend all respected each other. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just a thoughtsie back to you... reading is FUN DA MENTAL

The proof is in the posting... " you will know them by their fruits" OH MAN is that prophetic for the rePUBIClowns.

The Democrats got us into this mess and do you think they will get us out? no way!:S
Read these ....
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36665

The only thing Democrats are good at is blaming others for their own mistakes...>:(

Bloomberg and Leading Human Events; they don't even try to pretend to be non-partisan like Bloomberg: Leading Conservative Media Sicen 1944.

Really, where was the Heritage Foundation or Cato on this? Why waste your keystrokes publishing a RW rag when you would certainly call me on Moveon.or if I were stupid enough to post that as a citation?

What caused teh mess was this:

- Hammer tax rates down

- This causes the rich to retain their money and not circulate it, esp in light of a minor recession and pending war.

- Money becomes scarce, so teh Fed Chair has to lower int rates, lower. lower, lower to try to motivate spending and stimulate the economy.

- This ends up making house prices in the inverse of int rates and they soar. All the other Fannie/Freddie BS would have ended up in a lot of bad mortgages BUT NOT AT DOUBLE THE HOUSE PRICE, which would have been a mess, but a controllable mess as the houses could be resold at basically what they foreclosed at.

So keep posting RW trash and rejecting left media and calling yourself a moderate or even a RWer with a balanced media reference.

Just a thoughtsie back to you... reading is FUN DA MENTAL

The proof is in the posting... " you will know them by their fruits" OH MAN is that prophetic for the rePUBIClowns.

So what you actuall are trying to say is that your argument is so flacid, you have to attack typos to make yourself feel superior. - Gotcha!

Classic ad hominem; try to disqualify the poster over a non-related issue rather than address the issue; my you look out of gas.

What a CROCK.. DUDE you dug up a political hack job BY one of the political HACKS:S:S:S

Commentary by Kevin Hassett - September 22, 2008 00:04 EDT

Kevin Allen Hassett is an American economist. He is best known for his work in macroeconomics and tax policy and for coauthoring Dow 36,000, published in 1999. Hassett is currently a senior fellow and director of economic policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute. He was John McCain's chief economic adviser in the 2000 presidential primaries and an economic adviser to the campaigns of George W. Bush in the 2004 presidential election and McCain in the presidential election of 2008.

As you can see, there is widespread agreement that these two entities were the root cause of the financial meltdown. Despite this, the Obama Administration has not proposed a single reform measure to address this issue in the 16 months since the President took office. Considering then-Senator Obama received the second most campaign contributions from Fannie and Freddie, behind only current Senate Banking Chairman, Chris Dodd, and that Senator Obama was one of the Senate Democrats that blocked GSE Reform legislation from getting to the Senate floor in 2005, I can see why you might be hesitant to discuss them and rightly recognize their role in the collapse of the housing market. Might I suggest that, for the good of the country, President Obama stand up and admit he was wrong in blocking Fannie and Freddie reform and now put forth a plan to reform them to make up for his past misdeeds.With taxpayers :D