StreetScooby

Obama doesn't show US flag at press conference?

I think that is in the Lincoln Dining Room (East Room), in which case, the only thing hanging in there besides some mirrors is a portrait of President Lincoln. That is by design, and I wouldn't fault them for not hanging anything else in there, as that was at the request of Mrs. Lincoln if I recall correctly.

Were teleprompters part of the Mrs. Lincoln approved decor?

Well, you got me there. They must have jumped the doggie fence from the other room...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I think that is in the Lincoln Dining Room (East Room), in which case, the only thing hanging in there besides some mirrors is a portrait of President Lincoln. That is by design, and I wouldn't fault them for not hanging anything else in there, as that was at the request of Mrs. Lincoln if I recall correctly.

Did someone say "teleprompter"?

image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/SOU2007.jpg

heartlandofvirginia.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/mission_accomplished.jpg

cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2004/10/06/1097069659_7708.jpg

The Great Communicator:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/President_Reagan_gives_the_State_of_the_Union_Address_to_Congress_1988.jpg

cousinavi.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/tele-reagan-2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/waymjoh/reagan_presenting_budget_congress_4.jpg

Daddy:
s.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2009/3/19/15/bush-sr-with-teleprompter-7265-1237490815-31.jpg

And best of all, the misunderestimated PHONETIC teleprompter.
www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/wacky/jorj-booshs-fo-ne-tik-promt/story-e6frev20-1111114505516

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Did someone say "teleprompter"?

image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/SOU2007.jpg

heartlandofvirginia.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/mission_accomplished.jpg

cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2004/10/06/1097069659_7708.jpg

The Great Communicator:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/President_Reagan_gives_the_State_of_the_Union_Address_to_Congress_1988.jpg

cousinavi.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/tele-reagan-2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/waymjoh/reagan_presenting_budget_congress_4.jpg

Daddy:
s.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2009/3/19/15/bush-sr-with-teleprompter-7265-1237490815-31.jpg

And best of all, the misunderestimated PHONETIC teleprompter.
www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/wacky/jorj-booshs-fo-ne-tik-promt/story-e6frev20-1111114505516

So what you are saying is that several wrongs make it right.

Gotcha skippy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Who said teleprompters were wrong?

I do - it seems the inteligence of our beloved leaders has declined so far that they cannot speak for themselves any more and lack the actual brain power for an original idea.

It takes several people to tell him what he should say. I would say that is wrong.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Who said teleprompters were wrong?

I do - it seems the inteligence of our beloved leaders has declined so far that they cannot speak for themselves any more and lack the actual brain power for an original idea.

How many public speeches have you given without using notes of some sort?

It takes several people to tell him what he should say. I would say that is wrong.:|

GW Bush couldn't even get it right WITH a teleprompter.

It takes several people to tell him what he should say. I would say that is wrong.

You seem confused and disjointed. Is it speechwriters you're complaining about? That's nothing to do with a teleprompter.

Is a teleprompter OK if the Pres wrote the speech himself?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It takes several people to tell him what he should say. I would say that is wrong.

You seem confused and disjointed. Is it speechwriters you're complaining about? That's nothing to do with a teleprompter.

Is a teleprompter OK if the Pres wrote the speech himself?

Kallend: Notes? No - I have no issue with notes, John. But if you don't have a good enough grasp on the subject matter that you are speaking about, that you have to have the rolling complete version of a speech that you had someone else write, you should maybe not be president anymore. Notes are one thing, having to blindly read what others are throwing up on a screen for you is another.

Yes, I do hold The President to have to be above board. He is the supposed leader of a country, not a bell hop.

I think this should asnwer your inference as well Jakee.

Presidents who have used teleprompters:

Barack Obama
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Saint Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Carter
Gerald Ford (and in fact, his teleprompter frequently contained cues telling him what physical actions to use along with the words!)
Lyndon B. Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Harry S. Truman

The only one missing since the device was invented is Richard M. Nixon, the great GOP hero and crook.

You must be one disillusioned guy.

Another GOP hero falls:

www.blogcdn.com/www.politicsdaily.com/media/2009/03/83389137.jpg

media.photobucket.com/image/palin teleprompter/barbara76/prompter.jpg

www.digitaljournal.com/img/7/9/9/0/2/2/i/4/3/0/o/PalinConvention.jpg

if you don't have a good enough grasp on the subject matter that you are speaking about, that you have to have the rolling complete version of a speech that you had someone else write, you should maybe not be president

I guess you won't be voting for Sarah then.

Another GOP hero falls:

if you don't have a good enough grasp on the subject matter that you are speaking about, that you have to have the rolling complete version of a speech that you had someone else write, you should maybe not be president

No - I won't.:|

Another GOP hero falls:

No - I won't.:|

Good luck finding a candidate that doesn't use a teleprompter. :P

GW Bush couldn't even get it right WITH a teleprompter.

You wouldn't either if you had dyslexia.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

But if you don't have a good enough grasp on the subject matter that you are speaking about, that you have to have

Have to? Who said anything about have to?

But if it's available, it's helpful, and there are 200 million people out there waiting to pounce on every single error or stutter you're about to make then why would you not want to use one?

(Of course, this is politics, so when you speak perfectly there are people who'll just accuse you of being 'too polished' anyway:S God-damn but don't you people get worked up over a whole lot of irrelevant toss!)

But if you don't have a good enough grasp on the subject matter that you are speaking about, that you have to have

But if it's available, it's helpful, and there are 200 million people out there waiting to pounce on every single error or stutter you're about to make then why would you not want to use one?

(Of course, this is politics, so when you speak perfectly there are people who'll just accuse you of being 'too polished' anyway:S God-damn but don't you people get worked up over a whole lot of irrelevant toss!)

Yes have to - he can't or rather hasn't been able to correctly perform a speach with out a teleprompter yet without at least one freudian slip.

Yes have to - he can't or rather hasn't been able to correctly perform a speach with out a teleprompter yet without at least one freudian slip.

At least one?

One?

What an unmistakeable sign of incompetence:|

Bush couldn't manage that level of accuracy WITH a teleprompter.

Serious double standard showing here, turtle.

Barack Obama
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Saint Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Carter
Gerald Ford (and in fact, his teleprompter frequently contained cues telling him what physical actions to use along with the words!)
Lyndon B. Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Harry S. Truman

The only one missing since the device was invented is Richard M. Nixon, the great GOP hero and crook.

How many had the flags removed from the press room? They have been missing for months, so it wasn't a one time, cleaning the room, didn't have time to get ready Bullshit story!

Barack Obama
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Saint Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Carter
Lyndon B. Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Harry S. Truman

----------------------------------------------------------------

I call total BULLSHIT here, the technolgy for anything other than cue cards wasnt;even around!
Lyndon B. Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Harry S. Truman

I call total BULLSHIT here, the technolgy for anything other than cue cards wasnt;even around!
Lyndon B. Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Harry S. Truman

Wikipedia "teleprompter". Part 1: History. Paragraph 1, line 1 "The TelePrompTer company was founded in the 1950s".

This is the level of research you do (or rather, don't do) before deciding that your president is an evil, America-hating idiot? Bravo, sir.

Now, Wendy, whether or not there is actually a flag in the White House press room ceased to be relevant a long time ago. We have since moved on to whether Bush or Obama is more evil, stupid, manipulative and hypocritical, and mundane facts about flags and teleprompters have no place here.