rhaig

HC reform will make my healthcare costs

Is there some part of "All the Republicans voted NO on each amendment." that is hard for you to understand?

Nope, but evidently you have a lot of trouble comprehending ""13 Dem, 10 Rep", since you STILL somehow think that the Reps miraculously forced the 3 DEMS to vote with them.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Taxes are tacked on to all tabacco purchases, that's a ridiculous example.

The large payout by the big tobacco companies (but not the smaller ones) is not a direct tax, like the common XXX cents per pack taxes in many cities. Altria pays an amount based on their current market share - if they lose share to those who don't pay, they get a reduction. Whatever the cost is, you know who actually paid for it. Their customers. But it wasn't a direct tax, tacked on at the POS.

(The amazing here is that the various governments are making more money of death sticks than the manufacturers now.)

Ok. I got real numbers.

21% increase. We got the notice emailed to our broker today for the upcoming renewal. Thanks reform! The largest in our company history... 15% was the old record!

People were seeing some pretty big increases a month ago as well, when it appeared that this legislation was dead in the water. In many cases, much more than 21%.

I got a 15% increase in premium with 33% increase in co-pay, which had absolutely NOTHING to do with the HC reform. And the CEO of our insurer just gave himself a $16 Million bonus (on top of his multi $million salary).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.