Lucky...

I forget; who was saying the 4th Q 2009 GDP wouldn't be 4.8%?

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_glance.htm

Well you're right, it's 5.7%! Of course that's still an estimate, but even if it falls to 4.8, 4.0, that's great news, right? Oh wait, you guys want Obama and the US to fail; my bad [:/].

:D

Wait for the second or third "revision":D and then get back to us

Your a hoot:D:D

Revised UP to +5.9% change.

that is a good thing for a change
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Revised UP to +5.9% change.

There are going to be a lot of conservatives crying in their beer.

Bill...what we're crying about is printing BILLIONS of dollars and pumping it into the economy and getting excited over numbers like that.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>Bill...what we're crying about is printing BILLIONS . . .

Like I said. But buck up; perhaps some disaster will befall the US and you can go back to gloating.

Nah...that was November '09 ;). It's all over but the shouting.

Destinations by Roxanne

Well you're right, it's 5.7%! Of course that's still an estimate, but even if it falls to 4.8, 4.0, that's great news, right? Oh wait, you guys want Obama and the US to fail; my bad [:/].

God damnit! You stole my thunder! >:( I waited all day to do that.... :)..... Nice job. ;) All the geniuses who said it would be revised lower. I like Mike, I offered him a deal that the GDP would be, I think I said 20% of +5.0. Good thing he didn't take that, I almost lost on the high end :D. Of course he didn't take it, he prolly would have bowed out and brought in nominal GDP anyway [:/].

All is good, just keep hoping the US takes a shit, Repubs/conservs...... nice to see the real Americans hoping for peril for the US.

that is a good thing for a change

Are you fucking joking? The change started the first whole quarter of Obama's term and it has just gottne better every time. http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_glance.htm

Which part of that doesn't make sense to you?

>Revised UP to +5.9% change.

There are going to be a lot of conservatives crying in their beer.

It's a real shame that it couldn't have gone teh other way so conservs could have a nice weekend knowing the US is less successful than previously thought.

>Bill...what we're crying about is printing BILLIONS . . .

Like I said. But buck up; perhaps some disaster will befall the US and you can go back to gloating.

Nah...that was November '09 ;). It's all over but the shouting.

You win a couple gov seats while still having a small minority in congress and now you're celebrating???

Are you fucking joking? The change started the first whole quarter of Obama's term and it has just gottne better every time. http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_glance.htm

I thought you said that Obama's first quarter didn't count, Lucky?

On the bright side, one more positive quarter and your 'three huge quarters' boast may have some actual truth behind it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I thought you said that Obama's first quarter didn't count, Lucky?

On the bright side, one more positive quarter and your 'three huge quarters' boast may have some actual truth behind it.

>>>>>>>>>>I thought you said that Obama's first quarter didn't count, Lucky?

Let me spell this out, I'm sorry I used English; I wrote: The change started the first whole quarter of Obama's term and it has just gottne better every time.

The first whole qaurter, what does that mean? He entered in midst of a fiscal quarter, at least fiscal in terms of BEA GDP growth + or neg. Ok, so that one wasn't whole, but partial in terms of Obama's influence, so teh first whole Q would be the 2nd Q of 2009; is this simplified enough?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>On the bright side, one more positive quarter and your 'three huge quarters' boast may have some actual truth behind it.

So going from -6.4 in the quarter he enetered office in, while the Q was in progress, then going north every Q and 3 Q's later being at +5.9 isn't good enough? You're taht guy who loses a coin toss and says, "2 out of 3," "3 out of 5," "4 out of 7." I don't care if growth falls to 3 or 4%, it's an amzing feat to grow as much as it has, granted it was bought and paid for with the stimulus, but that beats repreating the GD.

it's an amzing feat to grow as much as it has,

:D:D:D Bunch af asshats throw billions of our dollars at the economy and you think it's amazing.

NOT our dollars. Borrowed dollars. And the bailouts and the borrowing started well before Obama was inaugurated.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

NOT our dollars. Borrowed dollars. And the bailouts and the borrowing started well before Obama was inaugurated.

So, DESPITE all his campaigning about "I'm not George Bush" and blaming everything ON Bush since then, he's spent the last year trying to out-Bush, Bush.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

:D:D:D Bunch af asshats throw billions of our dollars at the economy and you think it's amazing.

Never said Dem or Rep asshats. I'm aware of when the spending orgy started. I'm laughing that Lucky thinks growth is "amazing" after that.

Destinations by Roxanne

So, DESPITE all his campaigning about "I'm not George Bush" and blaming everything ON Bush since then, he's spent the last year trying to out-Bush, Bush.

He has, look at teh change

http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet?series_id=LNS14000000

And teh stock maket. These are changes? Freefall to betterment? Bush's policies threw teh country down, Obama's have revived it; can you not see teh simple data?

Never said Dem or Rep asshats. I'm aware of when the spending orgy started. I'm laughing that Lucky thinks growth is "amazing" after that.

Then you're laughing at your own inability to understand simple data. GDP went from -6.4% to +5.9% in a year. You can act like you don't understand, but the numbers are simple; care to talk data or just more aimless static?

Then you're laughing at your own inability to understand simple data. GDP went from -6.4% to +5.9% in a year. You can act like you don't understand, but the numbers are simple; care to talk data or just more aimless static?

Some day maybe you'll stop long enough to actually read what you're responding to.

I'm not questioning whether the growth is amazing or not. You seem to be 'amazed' that it happened. I'm saying that it goddamned better happen if you throw all that money at the economy. What we haven't seen yet is the backlash...inflation. We've lit the fuse.

Destinations by Roxanne

Some day maybe you'll stop long enough to actually read what you're responding to.

I'm not questioning whether the growth is amazing or not. You seem to be 'amazed' that it happened. I'm saying that it goddamned better happen if you throw all that money at the economy. What we haven't seen yet is the backlash...inflation. We've lit the fuse.

Instead of enjoying the recovery, you're nay-saying. Under Clinton inflation was very small. Let's looka t what he did:

- Cut spending
- Raise taxes
- Keep interest rates moderate +

The US Dollar was amazingly strong, stability reigned, taxes were only slightly higher, jobs were plentiful. Let's follow that model and I think Obama is, but he has this mess to fix first.

And the mess had to get fixed before anything mattered, like inflation. That's like worrying about waxing your car before you paint it.

The fuse was lit in 03-04ish as the morgage mess was started and int rates dropped and catalyzed the mess. I would call the stimulus a putting out of te fire. IOW's, if Obama did nothing, what would have happened? We woudl have revisited the Great Depression.

I'm glad things are settling back out but, as with all economic phenomena, there are two sides to every story. There's a long road ahead and I would hope we don't forget so soon the pitfalls of the "Mission Accomplished" attitude.

I'm glad things are settling back out but, as with all economic phenomena, there are two sides to every story. There's a long road ahead and I would hope we don't forget so soon the pitfalls of the "Mission Accomplished" attitude.

Very apt analogy. Iraq looked great in 2004 too. In 18 months, long after the Nov elections, we'll get a honest look at the economy. Did we just slap down some economic growth on the giant Uncle Sam visa card, or did we invest for a recovery?