warpedskydiver

Illinoisans: Do you have property available for hunting coyotes?

If so please contact me via PM.

I am looking to find more properties to hunt on, so far I only have 2 farms and one needs to get permission from the chief of police because a subdivision has been built adjacent to his 300 acres.

That is a real shame a man has not even had his land annexed and his family has been on that land for over 100 years, now he has to ask permission to kill the coyotes that prey on his calves and cats.

WTF is wrong with this world?

Apparently some of the people in the subdivision have been feeding the coyotes because they love to see them.

I hope they get mauled.

I am looking to find more properties to hunt on, so far I only have 2 farms and one needs to get permission from the chief of police because a subdivision has been built adjacent to his 300 acres.

That is a real shame a man has not even had his land annexed and his family has been on that land for over 100 years, now he has to ask permission to kill the coyotes that prey on his calves and cats.

Apparently some of the people in the subdivision have been feeding the coyotes because they love to see them.

I hope they get mauled.

Got no land for you, but putting the word out about coyotes not being pets, and potentially very dangerous is probably something your farmer friend should be hammering on the Chief about.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I hope they get mauled.

Uhm, Randy.

You might want to rethink that last statement.

Just saying here.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Did you call Scott R yet?

His wife said he was out yesterday with no luck though.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

I don't need permission OR a gun to bag a coyote.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Well that left a mark! :D:D:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I don't need permission OR a gun to bag a coyote.

AAAAh, poor puppy.

Did you try to get him to a vet right away?

Yum, grilled dog.

This guy was pretty large, and was taken with a 255/65/R17 from a sitting position, on my way back from skiing. Because of the large size, I thought it was something else until I looked it up. The ones which I've seen near my house are much smaller, I'd say maybe 20 pounds or so.

I hope they get mauled.

Right. You possess exactly the kind of character I would be looking for if I were going to allow an armed man on my property near my family.

Hmmm, feeding coyotes is a crime, encouraging them to get close to humans where they can easily prey on young kids or old people and pets and you think they should not become a prime example of why this should not happen?

Did you ever hear of being a victim of your own stupidity?

I hope they get mauled.

Right. You possess exactly the kind of character I would be looking for if I were going to allow an armed man on my property near my family.

Why are you creating sanctuary for coyotes that are now used to contact with humans?

What next, are you going to commune with polar bears?

Hmmm, feeding coyotes is a crime, encouraging them to get close to humans where they can easily prey on young kids or old people and pets and you think they should not become a prime example of why this should not happen?

Potentially a very dangerous situation to be sure. If you turn the redneck faction of the fightin' 101st keyboarders loose out there with weapons, I'm reasonably certain you could expect that they WILL shoot some things. Maybe coyotes, rabbits, squirrels, dogs, neighboring houses, empty beercans, etc.
Problem is, this is not a solution to the problem. It's just an excuse to indiscriminately shoot animals close to a residential area. After the coyotes come back and people say "look they're back, they must be hungry", you will be in exactly the same position you started in.
999,999.99 times out of a million, the answer is not shoot first think second.