rhys

Is the US prededent actually in power, or is he answerable to a higher power?

It seems to me the US president is answerable to those that pay for their campaigns and that have put themelves in a position of power over the said president.

What are all of your thoughts on this subject.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

It seems to me the US presedent is answerale to those that pay for thier cmpains and that have put themelves in a position of power over the said presedent.

:D:D
Dude, were you sober when you typed this ?
I just need to be sure that you intended this to be a serious thread ? ...

I think you should probably try to not post until you have full function and control over your fingers. ;) That is the equivalent of how a person talks when they're drunk! Holy poo dude.

However, to answer your question, the US President is answerable to Congress, the Supreme Court and the American voters. The American voters are informed by "The Fourth Estate"; the non-government controlled media (such as it is).

Depending on the ethics of the individual President, he may also grant favors to those that supported him, but is certainly not in any way shape or form required to do so, nor is everything some President might want to do legal. For instance, he's not supposed to just award large no-bid contracts to cronies.

That said, the US President does lead a somewhat sheltered life during his time in office and is dependent on his advisors for much of the information on which he bases his decisions. If the President had perhaps a bit too much "respect" for his advisors, he could certainly be lead down a path unwittingly, but all it would really take for him to regain control is to say no.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Depending on the ethics of the individual President, he may also grant favors to those that supported him, but is certainly not in any way shape or form required to do so...

Do you honestly believe that?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Depending on the ethics of the individual President, he may also grant favors to those that supported him, but is certainly not in any way shape or form required to do so...

Yes, I do.

That's not to say he might not get re-elected to a second term without those backers' support and it's not to say they still might have a great influence on him, but yes, I do believe that a President can say no to his financial backers.

What I'm surprised by is your inability to read the subtext of what I wrote in its entirety.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I agree with that statement. What part of it do you not agree with?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

What I'm surprised by is your inability to read the subtext of what I wrote in its entirety.

Dude...see the original post...:S:S:D:D:D

I agree in broad terms with your reply, and I can tell from my limited first hand accounts that the amount of "handling" done for the President is staggering.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Dude...see the original post...

For a start i wrote that original post in the sunshine without my laptop plugged in so it was very difficult to see.

scenoldy 'itnelelnget' hmunas are cpabale of raednig txet taht is sracbmeld as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltetres are in the crorcet palce.

That is if they are not bewildered by anything that is out of the ordanary.

Thirdly I will be the first to admit my typing, spelling and punctuation is crap.

scenoldy 'itnelelnget hmunas are cpabale of raednig txet taht is sracbmeld as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltetres are in the crorcet palce.

The first letter of a sentence should be capitalized.
There is no apostrophy in "intelligent".
;)
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I agree in broad terms with your reply, and I can tell from my limited first hand accounts that the amount of "handling" done for the President is staggering.

I think the very simplistic mistake people make is to assume that the "handling" is done by a monolithic entity; it is not. The president's handlers are people that he personally picked to be his filters for the immense and unceasing voices of those who want one decision or another. Those filters are not uniform in their advice because, a) they have different people lobbying them and b) even though they all start out with the same goal they all develop their own personal agenda based upon what they think is best for the country and (less nobly) what is good for their career.
Those who wish to lobby must first gain access (easier if you are the president of Exxon no doubt) but also decide which route will yield results (if you get the interior secretary to raise the subject the Chief of Staff will be against it because of some other war they are having that you know nothing about).
Of course having the president on board is of no value if you don't have the correct senate committee. And on and on it goes.
Anyone who claims to know where the decisions are made in Washington is either a liar or a fool.

I think you should probably try to not post until you have full function and control over your fingers. ;) That is the equivalent of how a person talks when they're drunk! Holy poo dude.

However, to answer your question, the US President is answerable to Congress, the Supreme Court and the American voters. The American voters are informed by "The Fourth Estate"; the non-government controlled media (such as it is).

Depending on the ethics of the individual President, he may also grant favors to those that supported him, but is certainly not in any way shape or form required to do so, nor is everything some President might want to do legal. For instance, he's not supposed to just award large no-bid contracts to cronies.

That said, the US President does lead a somewhat sheltered life during his time in office and is dependent on his advisors for much of the information on which he bases his decisions. If the President had perhaps a bit too much "respect" for his advisors, he could certainly be lead down a path unwittingly, but all it would really take for him to regain control is to say no.

Well said, Paul.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It seems to me the US president is answerable to those that pay for their campaigns and that have put themelves in a position of power over the said president.

What are all of your thoughts on this subject.

He is still answerable to his wife. I hear she can be like Hillary at times in their early administration, although I haven't heard of any lamp throwing or SS agents having to restrain our present first lady. ;)
Tom B