hcsvader

The War On Athiesm

The war on Atheist is a war they themselves rage upon each other and those around them. Atheist/Humanist have great difficulty in finding fulfillment in their own reason and or relying on someone elses scientific mehtod to happiness.

How bizarre. You think there are people who rely on the scientific method as a means to happiness? Science is a means to aquiring information.

Once again, the biggest problem in many of these debates, and the emotions that run thru them, is the inability of people to recognize that science and religion only conflict when either one steps outside it's realm of discovery. Science has nothing to do with individuals finding happiness or the meaning of their life; and religion has very little to do with objective aquisition and analysis of information.

Unfortunately, when spirituality got institutionalized and turned into the political entity that is organized religion - the distinction was lost.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

There is no higher purpose to this life. Your only function as a living being to fuck another of your species and procreate, feed your offspring, protect them until they can survive on thier own and insure the survival of your species. once this is done you can go skydive.

So basically Eat, Fuck, Skydive! Life is simple. There is no need for god.

:D:| You may feel differently someday. The soul is a very deep thing. It becomes increasingly difficult to satisfy it with objects of the flesh. Eat, fuck, skydive all you want, but at least stay open to the deeper desires of the soul as they begin to hunger more and more.

What are the other deeper desires of the soul? I wanna eat, I wanna Fuck, and I wanna skydive...

If I could do that everyday I would be in heaven. In the mean time Im happy knowing once this life is over I can finally get some fucking sleep!

Additional desires will surface; but in the meantime - I like your attitude.

Good approach, and good humor.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

So in conclusion, I don't necessarily believe in a god But I cannot dismiss the possibility of there being one.

Sounds agnostic to me. Or maybe you're a "none of the above," like myself. :P

I've always referred to myself as an atheist, because that seemed to be the most accurate label. But all of these words (including "god") are so open to interpretation, and I'm so sick of the semantic arguments, that I now find "none of the above" to be an easier and perhaps more accurate description of myself. (Though I still tend to call myself an atheist sometimes, mostly out of habit I suppose.)

Sounds agnostic to me. Or maybe you're a "none of the above," like myself. [Tongue]

maybe?

At least I know I base my beliefs on what I have learned over the time I have lived, and my beliefs are based on actuality rather than 'Faith'.

Faith is such a fucking cop out for the weak mind!

I am also willing to lay my cards on the table for scrutiny, something those with 'faith' are reluctant to do without quoting some psalm or mythical stroy.

;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

At least I know I base my beliefs on what I have learned over the time I have lived, and my beliefs are based on actuality rather than 'Faith'.

Faith is such a fucking cop out for the weak mind!

I am also willing to lay my cards on the table for scrutiny, something those with 'faith' are reluctant to do without quoting some psalm or mythical stroy.

;)

I will admit you sound pretty sure of yourself. I bet you even have an unshakable faith that your view of reality is the truth we are all seeking.