kallend

If you can purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer in the USA does it mean that you are a "law abiding individual"?

Some on this forum believe that passing the required background check automatically means that you are a law abiding individual.

Others point out that many "straw purchases" happen where someone who can pass the background check buys the gun for someone who can't pass it, and that doing this is a felony.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Some on this forum believe that passing the required background check automatically means that you are a law abiding individual.

Others point out that many "straw purchases" happen where someone who can pass the background check buys the gun for someone who can't pass it, and that doing this is a felony.

In the eyes of the law and given the information provided BY THE PURCHASER AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, yes.

But by all means, test it out - go to a gunshop and answer "no" to question 12a.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've committed a misdemeanor and was sentenced to community service for my crime. Am I a law abiding citizen?

Iffy! :D I've known a few folks who have even spent some time in the clink and are 'law abiding citizens'. They just might have trouble buying a gun.

Chuck

I've committed a misdemeanor and was sentenced to community service for my crime. Am I a law abiding citizen?

Iffy! :D I've known a few folks who have even spent some time in the clink and are 'law abiding citizens'. They just might have trouble buying a gun.

Chuck

Notice kallend didn't answer my question. Wonder why? :D
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Chuck

You tell me if you are - I don't know you.

Chuck

Noe that you mention it... Yes, I did! Hmmmmm...

Chuck

Chuck

So that's not enough information for you to determine whether I'm law abiding or not? That certainly didn't stop you when I confessed to disobeying a direct order while on active duty.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

So that's not enough information for you to determine whether I'm law abiding or not? That certainly didn't stop you when I confessed to disobeying a direct order while on active duty.

Didn't keep him from asking the question about in the NY thread, either.

Of course, I'm *sure* that it was an innocent question and in NO way was meant to make the impression that the woman made a strawman purchase
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Of course, I'm *sure* that it was an innocent question and in NO way was meant to make the impression that the woman made a strawman purchase

When it waddles and quacks, there's a good chance it's a duck.

Chuck

Chuck

Is there a new forum rule that we have to answer all questions within 35 minutes?

Chuck

So that's not enough information for you to determine whether I'm law abiding or not? .

No, it isn't. It just tells us that you WEREN'T law abiding at some unspecified time in the past.

When it waddles and quacks, there's a good chance it's a duck.

Well, since you claim to have heard the quacks and saw the waddle, lets see the video as proof.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The premise set forth in your poll is if "I" purchase a gun ect

YES is the only answer
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And someone on this board think that everyone is guilty till HE says they are not.

This, BTW, is a PRIME example of your BS games.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

And someone on this board think that everyone is guilty till HE says they are not.

This, BTW, is a PRIME example of your BS games.

Please post a link to any post by anyone that wrote such a thing.

I mean really post it, not just claim that such a thing exists but you can't be bothered to find it.

YES is the only answer

I'm sure YOU have never broken any law in your life, but the correct parsing of the question means the premise is: does just the fact that you pass the NICS, by itself imply that you are law abiding?

Chuck

Chuck

Is there a new forum rule that we have to answer all questions within 35 minutes?

You might ask that of one of the mods. I lost my copy of the rule book.:)

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

That was 41 minutes. You'll be in big trouble.>:(

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

That was 41 minutes. You'll be in big trouble.>:(

Hold your fire! We haven't heard whether or not, there is in fact a rule in regard to response time! I may still be a 'law abiding citizen! :D

Chuck

I'm sure YOU have never broken any law in your life, but the correct parsing of the question means the premise is: does just the fact that you pass the NICS, by itself imply that you are law abiding?

QED.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

YES is the only answer

Dude!!!!!!

YOU framed the poll. Not me:D
Abraham Lincoln

QED.

Perfect example of him being caught in his world view frame of mind while having no idea of what he really said or meant:D
Abraham Lincoln