Rstanley0312

College football and Congress... WTF

I'LL say TCU was the better team, not blame it on some intangible like global warming...or trick plays being not fair, or not being prepared, or blah blah blah.

Boise State haters all sound the same...like Oklahomans.

And TCU won by 1 point last year. Yet you just call it a "W." Yet, when BSU wins by 1 point against OK - it's because they used trick plays. Your bias came through immediately, which is fine - just makes your argument lame.

Ouch - you're going to fall hard when they lose.

I didn't denegrate their win. I said that in a playoff situation, they're unlikely to repeat the upset the following game. Better for them to stick with the bowl system where they can live the glory forever. When a 12 seed beats a 5 seed at the basketball tourney, how long does anyone remember or care? About 1 week. A bowl upset lasts forever.

But let's review
2008 - lost to TCU 17-16. 12-0 record proven a sham
2007 - lost to directional Carolina, 41-38. Lost to terrible Washington team. No win of note
2006 - Beat Oklahoma 43-42 in very watchable game. Best season.
2005 - Lost to BC, 27-21. Bad followup on 2004.
2004 - lost to Louisville, 44-40. another perfect season tainted.

I'm waiting. Where's your excuse for TCU getting OWNED by Boise State?

Hmmmmmmm?
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Hmmmmmmm?

Uh...good for them? (and were you paying me to respond at the gun?) Sadly, due to this dragged out bowl schedule, I missed it entirely, thought it was later in the week.

But looking over the box score, I hardly see ownage. Scored 10 offensive points, including a mid 4th Q TD to win by 7. That's a good win, nothing more. And it sounds like the Oklahoma one was more entertaining.

Hmmmmmmm?

Uh...good for them? (and were you paying me to respond at the gun?) Sadly, due to this dragged out bowl schedule, I missed it entirely, thought it was later in the week.

But looking over the box score, I hardly see ownage. Scored 10 offensive points, including a mid 4th Q TD to win by 7. That's a good win, nothing more. And it sounds like the Oklahoma one was more entertaining.

The 07 game was MUCH more entertaining. This was all defense.

For someone so sure of the shit they were talking - you probably should have watched the game.

But you would have probably "blamed" the squashing of one of the top offenses in the country (and even higer rated defenses) on the trickeration of a perfectly executed fake punt. Which even TCU said they trained for but got outcoached on.

Box score Blah blah blah. Even I was surprised at how dominating Boise State's defense was. The box score doesn't show that.

That defense could match 'Bama's offense. And would destroy Colt McCoy.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

Too bad the big fucking chickenshits at bama and texas will NEVER EVER play them.

FUCKING CHICKENSHITS.

Oh no, I might get beaten by a team the plays against a school with less than 30,000 people! I'm scared! My strength of schedule score will plummet! waaaah wahhh waaaah.

Sorry, I HATE the BCS.

Only reason I remotely have a slight interest in the game this year is because my brother is a texas alum. yay. hook them horns. rah.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

It is hard to argue with success, but that fake punt was not good football. They faked a punt from their own 32 in a tie game during the fourth quarter. essentially they bet the farm on black; the fact that black came up doesn't make it a smart call.

Well Patterson disagrees...and he's a coach, so...

It was an excellent call and excellent football. You didn't expect it, did you? I sure as hell didn't.

Oh...neither did TCU. That's what makes it a great call. Gambles win championships.

Learn the game.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

That defense could match 'Bama's offense. And would destroy Colt McCoy.

Maybe. But last night's performance won't be compelling to Texan/Bama fans. They'll say it was against TCU. As for TCU, their loss sets back the auto qualifier chances for the MWC a few more years.

I'LL say TCU was the better team, not blame it on some intangible like global warming...or trick plays being not fair, or not being prepared, or blah blah blah.

Boise State haters all sound the same...like Oklahomans.

And TCU won by 1 point last year. Yet you just call it a "W." Yet, when BSU wins by 1 point against OK - it's because they used trick plays. Your bias came through immediately, which is fine - just makes your argument lame.

Ouch - you're going to fall hard when they lose.

I didn't denegrate their win. I said that in a playoff situation, they're unlikely to repeat the upset the following game. Better for them to stick with the bowl system where they can live the glory forever. When a 12 seed beats a 5 seed at the basketball tourney, how long does anyone remember or care? About 1 week. A bowl upset lasts forever.

But let's review
2008 - lost to TCU 17-16. 12-0 record proven a sham
2007 - lost to directional Carolina, 41-38. Lost to terrible Washington team. No win of note
2006 - Beat Oklahoma 43-42 in very watchable game. Best season.
2005 - Lost to BC, 27-21. Bad followup on 2004.
2004 - lost to Louisville, 44-40. another perfect season tainted.

Hmmmmmmm?

Ummmm I have one point to make... TCU had a easy touch that the receiver dropped in the end zone. That would have pushed it to OT. I know he didn't make the catch but 99/100 times he probably would have. Just saying.... but I think it was a good win for Boise. I was very impressed by their D.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

They don't just pull plays out of their asses. It's about reading the defense.

That's why audibles are used in the game.

I wouldn't rank this as one of the great all time games, but I watched most of the game and I was thoroughly entertained by both teams. The Broncos looked like the slightly better team in a very close 1st quarter, TCU came back in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and then wham-o this 4th down play mid way through the 4th quarter turned the tide in BSU's favor. Both defenses were great (TCU's run defense was outstanding) and as I said I was entertained. I can only hope the 'Bama/Texas game is nearly as entertaining (though I am thinking the Tide will roll).

"If we can outscore the other team, we stand a very good chance of winning the game" - Bill Parcels before a game in the 1980s. :D

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Ummmm I have one point to make... TCU had a easy touch that the receiver dropped in the end zone. That would have pushed it to OT. I know he didn't make the catch but 99/100 times he probably would have. Just saying....

See aunt/uncle reference above.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

Ummmm I have one point to make... TCU had a easy touch that the receiver dropped in the end zone. That would have pushed it to OT. I know he didn't make the catch but 99/100 times he probably would have. Just saying....

See aunt/uncle reference above.

Look I'm just saying they did not own them in any way. It was a good game. I liked watching it and was impressed with how both teams played. That all being said.... 1 thing goes differently and the game changes. That's football! It's not like we were watching the O State/ Oregon game where O states D owned Oregon or better yet the schooling Florida put on UC. That simply did not happen in this game.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com