justinb138

To those who favor government health care:

The figures speak for themselves. YOU made an ubsubstantiated claim, and continue to misinterpret the word "health" as in "health care" as in the title of this thread.

Stop making an ass of yourself.

"Lies, damn lies and statistics"

The only unsubstantiated claim in our little sub-topic is coming from YOU, perfesser. Maybe you should quit while you're way, WAY behind.

Re-defining words doesn't help you, some of us DO have dictionaries.

Less tap-dancing, more proof. Should be simple for a man of your towering ego intellect.

Buy a dictionary, look up the definitions of the many words you habitually misuse.

Start with "straw man", then go to "metaphor", then "hypocrisy", and now "health".

And that is all the proof you need.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I was ready to post a serious response and then I got to this. Congratulations on losing all credibility with one sentence. Quite a feat.

Yeah, that's a typical Republican excuse when they have nothing else to argue. But rest in peace, you're not the first.

You and I had nearly two pages of honest discussion and then you admit part of the reason you'd like a $1T bill passed is to spite the other side. How very noble and reasonable that is. Fuck it though, it won't be us footing the bill, right?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

You and I had nearly two pages of honest discussion and then you admit part of the reason you'd like a $1T bill passed is to spite the other side. How very noble and reasonable that is.

I would say this is at least honest from my side to admit it. And the reason for that is that a lot of Republicans bring so many various stupid reasons why this bill would fail that I really want to see the moment when they acknowledge that it works, and they were wrong.

Also we had a discussion around the bill issues, and my position was pretty obvious for quite a while. I think it would work and I believe it would do at least better to the country citizens than Iraq war did. Why I believe such way is a different matter, and I do not see any way how would it affect our discussions about bill provisions and insurance profits. Even if my reasons were that I would receive personal permanent free healthcase after the bill passes, it would still not affect the discussions we had.

Fuck it though, it won't be us footing the bill, right?

As well as other things. At least this one is more worthy to fund comparing to some other things which some of us do not support, but nevertheless have to fund - like wars
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

We'll take that as a "no, I don't have any proof that healthcare has a major effect on life expectancy as a whole", then.

Thanks for playing.

Who is this "WE"? What YOU take doesn't represent anything of value, since you choose to use a different vocabulary than everyone else.

Note how you conveniently switch from "medical" to "health" and back again www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3749276#3749276 in a futile attempt to wriggle out of your own contradictions.

We'll take that as a "no, I don't have any proof that healthcare has a major effect on life expectancy as a whole", then.

Thanks for playing.

Who is this "WE"? What YOU take doesn't represent anything of value, since you choose to use a different vocabulary than everyone else.

Note how you conveniently switch from "medical" to "health" and back again www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3749276#3749276 in a futile attempt to wriggle out of your own contradictions.

*yawn*

Still can't come up with anything, eh? Sucks to be you...but keep on trying to shoot the messenger, by all means.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thanks for playing.

*yawn*

Still can't come up with anything, eh? Sucks to be you...but keep on trying to shoot the messenger, by all means.

I don't have to - YOU made the uncorroborated claim that poor lifestyle was more important than medical care (previously cited post). I claim that health care includes lifestyle modification, which it does.

In order to conceal your inability to substantiate YOUR claim, you just muddy the waters by confusing "health" with "medical".

FACT: the USA has lower life expectancy than other industrialized nations with universal HEALTH care systems. (source: CIA FACT book). The US comes in well behind western Europe and around the same as Cuba!:o

Use the same vocabulary as the rest of the English speaking world and you won't confuse yourself.

While you're about it, provide PROOF that the USA does have a more unhealthy lifestyle than all these other nations.:P

I don't have to - YOU made the uncorroborated claim that poor lifestyle was more important than medical care (previously cited post). I claim that health care includes lifestyle modification, which it does.

Unless you've got proof that doctors from universal healthcare coverage systems give different or better advice, your 'claim' is bullshit. You're just trying to cover your ass and failing miserably.

In order to conceal your inability to substantiate YOUR claim, you just muddy the waters by confusing "health" with "medical".

From CDC:

"Increase Your Chances of Living Longer
Science shows that physical activity can reduce your risk of dying early from the leading causes of death, like heart disease and some cancers."

FACT: the USA has lower life expectancy than other industrialized nations with universal HEALTH care systems. (source: CIA FACT book). The US comes in well behind western Europe and around the same as Cuba!:o

So fucking what? Americans are fatter and have worse diets than most of the rest of the world, too - said factors being major causes of heart disease, which is the leading cause of death for Americans.

Lets look at some other numbers than expectancy at birth, shall we? (Info from CDC and the Office of Statistics for the UK).

At age 55, an American male has a life expectancy of 79.7 years. A United Kingdom male has an expectancy of 80 years.

At 60, US is 80.8 years. UK is also 80.8

At 65, US is 82.8. UK is 81.9.

At 70, US is 83.7. UK is 83.4

At 75, US is 85.7. UK is 85.2

At 80, US is 88.2, UK is 87.6

At 85, US is 91.5, UK is 90.5

At 90, US is 94.4, UK is 93.9

No wonder you moved here...you knew you'd live longer, since the US medical system is the most effective and the medical system only really comes into play at end-of-live in regards to longevity.

While you're about it, provide PROOF that the USA does have a more unhealthy lifestyle than all these other nations.:P

You first. That way you can concede the point before I bring up page after page of articles talking about the obesity problem.

You know...like the thread about the school that wants to make EVERYONE take PE, here in SC?

http://www.westandfirm.org/blog/uploaded_images/US-Health-785647.gif
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

At 60, US is 80.8 years. UK is also 80.8

At 65, US is 82.8. UK is 81.9.

At 70, US is 83.7. UK is 83.4

At 75, US is 85.7. UK is 85.2

At 80, US is 88.2, UK is 87.6

At 85, US is 91.5, UK is 90.5

At 90, US is 94.4, UK is 93.9

Cool, so when Medicare kicks in ( a universal HEALTH care system for older Americans) the US finally catches up. Or are you next going to claim Americans suddenly get slimmer at age 65:D:D:D

Still no proof of your claim that the US lifestyle leads to the difference:P

You cherry picked just one country (convenient) for comparison. Why not choose Japan?

The CIA seems to think the numbers are different from those that you cherry picked.:P

BTW, you ARE aware that diet and exercise (lifestyle) counseling IS part of Healthcare, aren't you? No, from your responses guess you're not:P

Cool, so when Medicare kicks in ( a universal HEALTH care system for older Americans) the US finally catches up. Or are you next going to claim Americans suddenly get slimmer at age 65:D:D:D

A more likely hypothesis is that the poor lifestyle choices (as well as our criminal elements) cull the herd before they get to 55. These are aspects that the health care system cannot do much about.

BTW, you ARE aware that diet and exercise (lifestyle) counseling IS part of Healthcare, aren't you? No, from your responses guess you're not:P

Really? Damn, there's a lot of teachers, coaches, fitness trainers etc etc etc practicing medicine without a license, then.

IOW - BULLSHIT.

Still waiting on the proof, perfesser...planning on providing some anytime soon?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

BTW, you ARE aware that diet and exercise (lifestyle) counseling IS part of Health care, aren't you? No, from your responses guess you're not:P

Really? Damn, there's a lot of teachers, coaches, fitness trainers etc etc etc practicing medicine without a license, then.

IOW - BULLSHIT.

Still unable to distinguish between health and medicine, I see.

Health care professionals include (this is only partial list):

Physicians
Surgeons
Nurses (various specialties)
Midwives
Dieticians
Nutritionists
Physiotherapists
Dentists
Dental hygienists
Occupational therapists
Health physicists
Exercise therapists and trainers
Psychologists
Epidemiologists
Optometrists
Opticians

Next:

You provided the proof that you are mistaken when you provided data that once Americans reach an age where government sponsored HEALTH care kicks in, they catch up in the life expectancy area.

Very nice of you to make my point, thanks.

Still unable to distinguish between advice and treatment, as usual.

You have yet to show how medical ADVICE is somehow better in the socmed countries, perfesser, since you want to go that route.

You provided the proof that you are mistaken when you provided data that once Americans reach an age where government sponsored HEALTH care kicks in, they catch up in the life expectancy area.

Medicare kicks in at 65, perfesser...when the US is ALREADY AHEAD of the UK. It just increases after that.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

A more likely hypothesis is that the poor lifestyle choices (as well as our criminal elements) cull the herd before they get to 55. These are aspects that the health care system cannot do much about.

I'm not sure I agree. Of course, I am of the belief that complete sidewalk systems, bike paths, etc. should be considered part of and included in a comprehensive reform of healthcare. Thus, my disagreement with you may be nothing more than semantics (i.e., how should we define health care systems).
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

You might want to think carefully about that reply, since it destroys your previous position.
:P

You have yet to show how medical ADVICE is somehow better in the socmed countries, perfesser, since you want to go that route.

Medicare kicks in at 65, perfesser...when the US is ALREADY AHEAD of the UK. It just increases after that.

You might want to think even more carefully about the stupidity of THAT reply, however I doubt that you have the requisite math skills to do it.:P

Here's a hint (not that it will help you), the output is a convolution of the input functions. Google may help you with the concept, but I suspect you are beyond help.

Comprehensive healthcare includes promotion of a healthy lifestyle and prevention of injuries and diseases, not just treatment when things go wrong.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Comprehensive healthcare includes promotion of a healthy lifestyle and prevention of injuries and diseases, not just treatment when things go wrong.

mnealtx uses different definitions of words than the rest of us. It's the only way he can convince himself that he is right.

Well...no shit.

Boy, it's a good thing that doctors are the only ones that are giving out advice on lifestyle choices, huh? Oh, wait...

My apologies for the sarcasm if you actually think that doctors have any control over lifestyle choices by the patient.

mnealtx uses different definitions of words than the rest of us. It's the only way he can convince himself that he is right.

Just man up and admit you were wrong, perfesser.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well...no shit.

Boy, it's a good thing that doctors are the only ones that are giving out advice on lifestyle choices, huh? Oh, wait...

My apologies for the sarcasm if you actually think that doctors have any control over lifestyle choices by the patient.

Just man up and admit you were wrong, perfesser.

In your dreams.

Why not take some advanced math and statistics courses AND buy a dictionary BEFORE sticking your foot in your mouth again.

All you have done in this thread is embarrass yourself, and provide excellent ammunition for those whose opinions you disagree with.

Still no proof, eh perfesser?

Damn..sucks to be you.

If you understood what was posted, you would see the total asininity of your comment. Unfortunately you simply have demonstrated no comprehension whatsoever.

Go buy a dictionary, for all of our sakes.

Go buy a fucking CLUE, for your own sake.

You tried to tie socmed to life expectancy - cdc showed that one false.

Then, you tried to spin a bullshit storm about advice - that one fails because doctors can't compel compliance with the advice.

So - come up with some PROOF, or man up enough to admit you were spinning bullshit.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Go buy a fucking CLUE, for your own sake.

Nope, you simply misunderstood what you were posting. If YOU had a clue you'd know why. WHat you posted actually hurt your hypothesis but your analytical ability is too poor to see that.:P

Then, you tried to spin bullshit storm about advice - that one fails because doctors can't compel compliance with the advice.

Can't compel anything at all, can they? It's not the USSR, you aren't forced to take meds or have surgery. That argument doesn't fly.

So - come up with some PROOF, or man up enough to admit you were spinning bullshit.

You just make yourself look more and more idiotic when you can't (or more likely, won't) distinguish between health care and medical care. And you stubbornly continue to do it despite its having been pointed out to you a bunch of times already.

health != medicine.

Buy a dictionary.

Nope, you simply misunderstood what you were posting. If YOU had a clue you'd know why. WHat you posted actually hurt your hypothesis but your analytical ability is too poor to see that.:P

Funny, I recall you being ALL OVER those numbers as proof that medicare was better... until I showed where the crossover was well before medicare kicked in. Now it's suddenly not proof at all. Amazing how that works. Sounds more like you're covering your ass after the fact.

Feel free to prove me wrong, though.

Then, you tried to spin bullshit storm about advice - that one fails because doctors can't compel compliance with the advice.

Can't compel anything at all, can they? It's not the USSR, you aren't forced to take meds or have surgery. That argument doesn't fly.

Which is why your argument about 'medical advice' is BULLSHIT.

Thanks for finally admitting the point.

Now that we've got all that out of the way... still waiting on some PROOF from you....however, I'm sure that all we'll see will be the usual character assassination. After all, it beats actually forming an argument.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706