Ron

My problems with God

The ones who give it up, give it up because they grew bitter towards God for showing them their sin in the first place. They think they dont want to stop (like any addict), so they rebel, and continue to sin in bitterness, rather than with the grace and understanding in Christ

So I gave it up in rebellion? I thought I was a Christian for 16 years of my life and did not give it up out of rebellion, or because I was addicted to the sin(considering at that time I lived as you would expect a good christian would). I gave it up because I took a long look at the bible, the idea of god, and the theology behind the bible and realized the whole thing does not make sense or follow and type of logical reasoning.

Now back to my post, how exactly did your reply, have anything to do with the point I brought up? How do you explain a god who creates a defaulted eternity of pain for humans in hell, and then decides he needs a way to fix his mistake, and sends himself down to kill himself? A god does not make mistakes, nor would an omniscient being, go through all of this trouble to get to the end product, it follows no logical means of reasoning, if you know what will become of what you do, then most certainly you will choose the best possible route to the end conclusion...meaning, sin, killing himself, creating Satan, a hell and a heaven...none of that would even be a factor.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

There have been many bars of morality set in the history of mankind. Jesus did set one, but there were many before that, and have been many since. All have value. The presumption of exclusivity is greatly overstated.

It would appear so, but... righteousness is the teaching of wisdom, the wisdom of the universe, the wisdom of life. I have not found any teachings (of righteousness) outside of the Gospel that were'nt revealed inside the Gospel. I am always open to revelations and invite any of them that are true into value. But the exclusive wisdom you speak about, doesnt beong to anything/anyone but wisdom itslef.

I know you mean well; and no offense, but: gobblety-gook. I stand by the post to which you responded.

The ones who give it up, give it up because they grew bitter towards God for showing them their sin in the first place. They think they dont want to stop (like any addict), so they rebel, and continue to sin in bitterness, rather than with the grace and understanding in Christ

So I gave it up in rebellion? I thought I was a Christian for 16 years of my life and did not give it up out of rebellion, or because I was addicted to the sin(considering at that time I lived as you would expect a good christian would). I gave it up because I took a long look at the bible, the idea of god, and the theology behind the bible and realized the whole thing does not make sense or follow and type of logical reasoning.

Now back to my post, how exactly did your reply, have anything to do with the point I brought up? How do you explain a god who creates a defaulted eternity of pain for humans in hell, and then decides he needs a way to fix his mistake, and sends himself down to kill himself? A god does not make mistakes, nor would an omniscient being, go through all of this trouble to get to the end product, it follows no logical means of reasoning, if you know what will become of what you do, then most certainly you will choose the best possible route to the end conclusion...meaning, sin, killing himself, creating Satan, a hell and a heaven...none of that would even be a factor.

-Evo

It sounds to me like you were NOT a Christian for 16 years as you claim. You just (for 16 years) had a false idea of what Christ was about.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

If a Muslim came on here, I'm sure we'd attempt to debate them too. Tha basic tennants are the same, just more extreme from what I've seen.

This thread was initiated on Jehovah.... so initiate one on Allah. Someone didn't wait for Christians to debate, so don't wait for the Muslims. These are things that I notice. I even posted a link of the violent scriptures of the Qu'ran for everyone to reference just incase they needed it.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

It's up to you, but I prefer dealing with the people who do right things because that's the way they grew up, not because they are scared of something (and modern examples have proved that belief in a Higher Power is definitely not enough to stop the person of doing bad things).

If a person does not express a belief and faith in God, how do you know you can trust them? How do you know they have a history of doing right things?

When Christians deal with other Christians they at least have a common foundation on which to build a relationship. The relationship may not be perfect but it has an agreed upon starting point.

That is the sole purpose of the CHRISTIAN SKYDIVERS ASSOCIATION. Christian skydivers like to associate with other Christian skydivers.

No one wants to make you a believer in Christ. That is a choice for you and you alone. God is not going to drag you kicking and screaming in heaven. :D
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

There are many I have come across who have aparently "given up" their Christian faith, (Although I am one of the few who believe you can get it back, and I can explain that if someone needs me to) The ones who give it up, give it up because they grew bitter towards God for showing them their sin in the first place. They think they dont want to stop (like any addict), so they rebel, and continue to sin in bitterness, rather than with the grace and understanding in Christ. Its not sin itself that takes us further away, it is the bitterness and rebellion we carry that interrupts our pleasure-filled peace and hunger for the light in life. Jesus doesnt just rip us out of sin, he leads us out gently, with complete understanding because he knows how blind we truly are. As we have been saying, changing something because you are told to is so much different than changing something because you want to. Jesus shows us the way to God and helps us persevere without bitterness through an everlasting grace. Everlasting grace is the spirit of Christ.

Excellent expression of understanding, your description accurately fits my life experience with Christ beginning with an immature acceptance of Him at 11 years of age to a full surrender to Him at age 38.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

There have been many bars of morality set in the history of mankind. Jesus did set one, but there were many before that, and have been many since. All have value. The presumption of exclusivity is greatly overstated.

It would appear so, but... righteousness is the teaching of wisdom, the wisdom of the universe, the wisdom of life. I have not found any teachings (of righteousness) outside of the Gospel that were'nt revealed inside the Gospel. I am always open to revelations and invite any of them that are true into value. But the exclusive wisdom you speak about, doesnt beong to anything/anyone but wisdom itslef.

I know you mean well; and no offense, but: gobblety-gook. I stand by the post to which you responded.

Intellect does not equal wisdom. If something makes no sense that does not make it nonsense.

For me, wisdom is a product of revelation. Intelligence is a product of study.

If a person does not express a belief and faith in God, how do you know you can trust them? How do you know they have a history of doing right things?

That is why I have proceeded from being an atheist to an "anti-theist." Christianity (in particular but all theisms in general) is not a source of unity but a source of division. First they decide they don't respect us, then they don't trust us, then they don't feel the need to treat us fairly. At least the Muslims are upfront about it.
Religion is evil at its core.

It's up to you, but I prefer dealing with the people who do right things because that's the way they grew up, not because they are scared of something (and modern examples have proved that belief in a Higher Power is definitely not enough to stop the person of doing bad things).

Pedophilic R-C priests and the bishops that cover for them, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, G.W. Bush and many others show that your statement is absurd in the extreme.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

First they decide they don't respect us, then they don't trust us, then they don't feel the need to treat us fairly. At least the Muslims are upfront about it.

I would treat you fairly and justly. The post was for the other guy. We may or may not have a common ground. Christian to Christian expedites the bonding process. We agree with the same basic principles.

"Trust but verify." ~President Reagan.

Remember, I promote relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth not religion.

"Trust but verify." ~President Reagan.
"If a person does not express a belief and faith in God, how do you know you can trust them?" ~RonD1120

This would seem to indicate you have a different outlook than Reagan. His statement is an expression of trust with caveats, your is a statement of distrust.

Remember, I promote relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth not religion.

Your belief in his special relationship with the magic guy is religion. If you were concerned only with his teachings that would be scholarship, but we both know you are more concerned with the nature of the man; that is religion.

Pedophilic R-C priests and the bishops that cover for them, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, G.W. Bush and many others show that your statement is absurd in the extreme.

I do not follow or answer to any of those folks. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth. You can have the same relationship, if you choose. None of my business.

I did meet G.W.Bush, along with his brother Jeb. I saw him as a Christian man. He did nothing in office to change my mind.

Your belief in his special relationship with the magic guy is religion. If you were concerned only with his teachings that would be scholarship, but we both know you are more concerned with the nature of the man; that is religion.

Religion equals ritualized behavior and practices.

Religion is a belief in something. It may or may not be accompanied by rituals, social gatherings etc.

Not to me.

Intellect does not equal wisdom. If something makes no sense that does not make it nonsense.

For me, wisdom is a product of revelation. Intelligence is a product of study.

I think you've got a problem getting your various definitions correct. I still stand by my post.

So you would base your trust on someones religious beliefs? Since when did religion, or to make you happy, a "relationship with Jesus"(even though the two are the same) make you a good person, or a trustworthy one? Like someone has said before, it is things like this that make religion, at its core, absolutely evil in nature.

Good intentions do not come from faith, but more often than you would like to admit, faith leads to some of the most violent crimes this world has ever seen.

And all of this is good and all, but until you can explain your side of the story for my previous argument, none of it matters.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

I did meet G.W.Bush, along with his brother Jeb. I saw him as a Christian man. He did nothing in office to change my mind.

I'm sure W. will go down in history as a great "peacemaker" but some how I just dont see it. Did jesus not teach that W. should have just turned the other cheek. Would Jesus have been cheering him on as he bombed and killed countless innocent women an children even if they were not the intended targets. God does know all, and would have known that countless innocent people would be blown to bits.

If one beleived that when one died he would spend eternity in paradise, why would you even care what happened here for the 70 or 80 years when you are alive. Let alone run for office, I know Jesus spoke somewhere that he was not apart of the earthly kingdome but of his father's kingdome. If I truly believed in Jesus I would sell all my belongings and give the proceeds t the poor, I would turn the other cheek. I would cover all my bases.

It is also interesting to note that about 15% of the general population are Athiest and yet only about 3% of felons identify as Athiest.

-Evo

First of all, Let me be clear that the "they" I speak of is always me. There is nothing different in me except I believe I have found grace, and my hope is that I grow closer to it. I spoke about bitterness because I have seen it growing in me, and during that time was given the revelation of what the apostles were talking about in the New Testament. I have read over those parts about bitterness several times and had no revelation of what they were talking about, until, like I said, it started to grow in me. So, for me, the warning is pure... and I try to examine my thoughts to gain some more understanding as I persevere in this spirit.

The reason I said I believe it is possible to come back to Christ is becuase Jesus tells us that nothing is impossible with God. But, it is true that some will never desire to come back to the faith, and Im sure there are all sorts of reasons for that, but the one I was focusing on at the time of my post was the "bitter root". I am sorry if I offended you, I dont think that was my intention.

For me, it is revealled that my heart desires to live a sin free life, just dont want the temptation there at all... but, that of course does not mean that i am innocent. I struggle just like all have from the beginning of time, to keep my conscious clear, but I dont do it alone, as you know. The truth is that I didnt know how little "sin" meant to me until I found grace... and let me tell you, I am a sinful man... at the time, it seemed to be the only pleasure i had. But I can testify with all my heart that one touch of the presence of God will change your mind about the pleasure found in sin forever. The world sees it as "we're missing out"... but those who believe that, dont know the Jesus we know. This all gets very deep

How do you explain a god who creates a defaulted eternity of pain for humans in hell, and then decides he needs a way to fix his mistake, and sends himself down to kill himself? A god does not make mistakes, nor would an omniscient being, go through all of this trouble to get to the end product, it follows no logical means of reasoning, if you know what will become of what you do, then most certainly you will choose the best possible route to the end conclusion...meaning, sin, killing himself, creating Satan, a hell and a heaven...none of that would even be a factor.

Let me first just say that you are asking me, and I am giving you my perception of what I believe, you of course have a mind of your own... that being said...

Who said God has made a mistake? Im sure the grass would say the same about the lava that flows over it during an eruption because it doesnt know it will bring the grass back even more lush than before, and in nature, we are no different than grass, we just think (awareness) we are. If you have read my previous posts on hell, judgement, and fear you may get what I believe in regards to them. But it is always interesting to me how many people cannot get past the concept of hell. It is your own concept, it is the judgement you carry in the conscience you dont believe you have. I said earlier that i believe those concepts are based in an instinctive fear, and were designed into our being. And its also very interesting that the concept of hell is a very powerful enticement to find God at all... Without Jesus, without anything to influence your mind, I still believe the concept of being tormented by the revelation of death would still be amplified by the human conscience. The one that brings us closer or takes us further away from the spirit of God. So, as you can see, I dont believe that hell is a mistake at all, in fact, I believe quite the opposite.

The logical means of reasoning is to inspire in his creation a very peice of his nature... Faith. Faith is a very very very powerful thing, but humans are so weak in it, as Jesus says. I mean, im really not even sure when it really started to take root with me. I started with trust, hope, and a love I did not know, and now, years later, with as much humbleness I have in me, I say I believe I found faith, however small it is. The logic is that God is faith and therefore in order to commune with him, you must have faith, and what better place to be born of faith, than this world? God speaks and it is so. Faith is his nature, and he is creating creations of his very being to be with him eternally... and that includes right now. Is it so hard to believe that we are a type of spiritual soil that it used to plant seeds of faith in? This is a revelation of many of the parables of Jesus.

Think of anything that you grow. You sort the stuff you can use/eat/enjoy/ect... with the stuff you cant. And what do you do with the stuff you cant use? Who cares, its gone. But you had to have it there so you would know which fruit/vegitiable/herbs to keep. Since I look at us as simple creations with complex awareness of existance, I see us as nature sees us, as very similar to anything else that nature grows, and for a purpose as well. The logic is in there somewhere. Its just very hard to explain to those who have the perception of being seperate of nature (not saying you do).

The reason God came to flesh was to give us his life. He humbly came into his own creation to fulfill his purpose for the soul of mankind. He gave us everything that was his. His pride (as a man), his love, his body, his blood, his truth, and his life. He layed it all out so that we would know the truth about his good nature, which is grace. He did it for us, thats the key. Why would he have to? He didnt, but that makes it so much more powerful.. but as you know it gets much deeper stiil.

if you know what will become of what you do, then most certainly you will choose the best possible route to the end conclusion...meaning, sin, killing himself, creating Satan, a hell and a heaven...none of that would even be a factor.

This is assuming you know the end conclusion. All we know is that Jesus saves, and God will appear again, and before that the world will turn to shit... apart from that, we are left to wonder like a child wonders. Even as we grow older and the world attempts to harden us, we will grow in wonder and revelation, and soon (as in inevitably), there will be a revelation given to all inhabitants that will fasciante and awe inspire even the deadest of souls. You would agree that a mind evolves in its thinking, as scientific minds evolve, so do faithful minds... we seem to inspire one another.

I dont know why you left your faith, but I know faith is really important for the ushering in of this revolutionary revelation that is inevitable. I believe that what Jesus says is true, he is coming back, maybe not in any way any of us can imagine, and yes its seems very slowly (in human years) but surely.

Remember, I believe in destiny, but I dont believe it is my destiny, I believe we can choose our destiny, and what becomes of it, already exists in eternity, just hasnt become aware to us.
"We didn't start the fire"

No offense here at all. But whats up with the gobbley-gook?? Thats gotta be the strangest word of expression I have heard in a while... and its funny. But, seriously, find me anything you can that teaches about goodness, that is not found in the gospel. Its a challenge. Search all the religions/proverbs/sayings, whatever, and we'll just see if its in the Gospel or not. If it is, then one can only assume that type of wisdom is found anywhere/anytime/by anyone. But it also means that wisdom was here before the revelation of it. I have come to enjoy many bhuddists and chinese proverbs, but the fundamental nature of their meaning has all been expressed in the Gospel. Thats a pretty incredible revelation of wisdom for just one poor, humble, man who lived 2000 yrs ago, and inspired an entire philosophical belief that rivals (in my opinion) any philosophy out there. And, changes lives in absolutely miraculous ways, whether it is agreed to or not.

First they decide they don't respect us, then they don't trust us, then they don't feel the need to treat us fairly. At least the Muslims are upfront about it.

Religion is man made, and man is evil at its core. Jesus gave us the spirit of truth to discern what is of man and what is of God. I agree with your statement, but its not complete without the knowledge of the truth. However, religion did find the spirit, so, it would seem that even the core of evil serves the purpose of good.

If the "us" you speak of is "everyone else" (I am everyone else as well), then you are mistaken as far as Christ sees it. No soul that knows Christ is going to beat the ignorant, lost, hateful, the weak, the blind, (from the perception of Christianity)... did Jesus not from his heart forgive those who crucified him? Jesus is the spirit of understanding and grace, just because man singles you out, doesnt mean that God does.