Dumpster

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

In essence, the Nobel Committee is giving the award to all of us for not allowing the Bush agenda to continue.

What part of the Bush agenda has he not allowed to continue? Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? The situation with Iran? Patriot Act? Closing Gitmo? Torture? Massive borrowing and debt?

Really, I'm curious. What's the difference?

And if he pulled out of Iraq/Afghanistan you would be saying he's being true to his Muslim brothers. No win.

He's keeping the failed messes going to pass his HC, once that's done, tax increases and bailout of the ME. Also, lots has changed:

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_glance.htm

The GDP went from -6.4 to -1.0 the following quarter that Obama took office; still say it's the same?

And then there's this:

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi/results/rankings/2009

97 to 83 in 1 year. WHat a difference a year makes.

And if he pulled out of Iraq/Afghanistan you would be saying he's being true to his Muslim brothers. No win.

If you're going to argue with yourself, then why bother logging on here? TIP: Spend less time putting words in other people's mouths and more time listening to what they have to say. You'll be less annoying that way.

He's keeping the failed messes going to pass his HC, once that's done, tax increases and bailout of the ME. Also, lots has changed:

What has he done? Not said he was going to do, what has he done? How is his foreign policy any different than Bush? Is it really that hard to answer?

The GDP went from -6.4 to -1.0 the following quarter that Obama took office; still say it's the same?

Want to compare those numbers to the increase in the national debt?

97 to 83 in 1 year. WHat a difference a year makes.

True.

Afghanistan - 137 to 143
Iraq - 140 to 144

It's a rank anyway - it's not necessarily a sign that the US got any more peaceful any more than it's an indication that other countries got more violent.

Anyway, enough of that crap.

Are you going to answer the question or not?

I'm guessing they'd feel like the idiots at Time magazine that made Hitler the man of the year.

(not that I'm making any comparison between BHO and AH)

Quite interesting list of former Man of the year in Time magazine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Person_of_the_Year

Ah, that's right; I thought I recalled a more recent "controversial" pick than Hitler and Stalin - it was Ayatolla Khomeni in 1979. I see that the Wiki article says, " As a result of the public backlash it received from the United States for naming the Ayatollah Khomeini Man of the Year in 1979, Time has shied away from using figures that are controversial in the United States.[5] [cite to Time (2002) p. 79.]" I think that's unfortunate, for journalistic accuracy and honesty should direct that that be irrelevant. As I said up-thread, Time's designation should be a measure of the designee's influence over the preceding year's events - for good or for ill - and not his "goodness".

If you're going to argue with yourself, then why bother logging on here? TIP: Spend less time putting words in other people's mouths and more time listening to what they have to say. You'll be less annoying that way.

I'm not arguing with myself, I'm pointing out a clear notion that it's about anti-Obama; we'll figure out why later on. You wrote that you didn't see the differene between Bush and Obama to these:

What part of the Bush agenda has he not allowed to continue? Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? The situation with Iran? Patriot Act? Closing Gitmo? Torture? Massive borrowing and debt?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/05/21/obama.speech/index.html

Obama wants out of GITMO an plans to close it. The situations with Iran....what does that mean? He hasn't solved the ME probs in 9 months? The patriot act? OK, so can it? There are element I didn't like with it, but the TSA and others just need tobe there, sep if we're gonna be in everyone's business. Torture? He isn't anti-torture? He's closing GITMO due to that. The only borrowing he's doing is to pay for Bush's Great Recession. He may borrow for HC, but that's it, the rest is a very effective stimulus that has most of teh money left to continue programs.

He has 9 months and you say he's the same; are you 15? 9 months isn't anything and he's made strides, let's tally in the end of his term(s).

What has he done? Not said he was going to do, what has he done? How is his foreign policy any different than Bush? Is it really that hard to answer?

Someone said he contacted a ME leader as his first calls into the WH. You say not enough; you'll just have to wait for more than 9 months to draw a reasonable conclusion. The world loves him, the GPI went from 97 to 83, he was given the Nobel, the GDP has made a shocking turnaround. These were the worst times since the GD, FAR worse than the the 1980 and the 1990 recession, yet a far quicker recovery and you are pissing your pants after 9 months? Sorry dude, it just doesn't work that way. Oh, did I say the market recovery from 6kish to almost 10k, a healthy number? The immediate numbers are there, you can be selectively blind to them if you wish, probably as you were under Clinton.

Want to compare those numbers to the increase in the national debt?

Sure, I would rather factor in what he received and where we are now contrasted with where we would be if your guy was still in office. It would the genius....TAX CUTS MY FRIENDS. We would still be under McHoovernomics and headed for the GD II and waiting for the, uh, "MARKET TO CORRECT ITSELF." Waiting for the market to correct itself is like waiting for an ill patient with kidney disease to heal themselves.

It's a rank anyway - it's not necessarily a sign that the US got any more peaceful any more than it's an indication that other countries got more violent.

It's an indication, basd upon their criteria, that the US became more peaceful.

Are you going to answer the question or not?

I did, plenty has changed and 9 months isn't enough time to measure anything. Hell, your hero said it takes 50 years to fully understand a president's legacy, give him his 4 or 8 years and then tally. But I have illustrated the:

GPI
Stock Market
GDP immediate trunaround
World's reception of a peaceful leader
Shitting down the missle program
Efforts to give gay's rights
Efforts to bring HC to everyone

Look at your boy after 9 months; he had 911 under his belt, started cutting taxes in the midst of a fabricated war. I realize not a scale from which to compare, but a real breath of fresh air to not have a guy doing the same.

Again, necks, many on the left too, can't deal with wholesale change, so he has so spoon-feed them a little at a time. As soon as HC gets done, whetehr it passes or not, you will see real changing.

I'm not arguing with myself, I'm pointing out a clear notion that it's about anti-Obama; we'll figure out why later on.

Remember that statement? You're making assumptions about my response based on your own predetermined conclusions. You label anyone that disagrees with you as a war-mongering neo-conservative, when in reality it's far from the truth.

Obama wants out of GITMO an plans to close it.

And he said he didn't want to bail out the auto industry and did anyway. Wanting something isn't the same as doing it. He also said he would allow 5 days of public comment before signing bills. As with most politicians, I'll believe it when I see it.

The patriot act? OK, so can it?

Why would he do that when he's said he supports it. ?

There are element I didn't like with it, but the TSA and others just need tobe there, sep if we're gonna be in everyone's business.

So you support Bush's patriot act as well?

Personally, I think the better option is to not be in everyone's business.

Torture? He isn't anti-torture?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/09/BAGS15QB5B.DTL

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

He's closing GITMO due to that.

Right. I'll believe it when I see it.

The only borrowing he's doing is to pay for Bush's Great Recession.

What if Great Recession is the result of Clinton's great bubble?

He may borrow for HC, but that's it, the rest is a very effective stimulus that has most of teh money left to continue programs.

You mean the Bush stimulus has been very effective? Anytime someone talks bad about it you're keen to point that out. Not so much when you think it's working.

I'm sure glad unemployment still isn't at 10%...

He has 9 months and you say he's the same; are you 15? 9 months isn't anything and he's made strides, let's tally in the end of his term(s).

Well, by doing very little different that would make him essentially the same right?

Someone said he contacted a ME leader as his first calls into the WH.

Wow... such progress.

You say not enough; you'll just have to wait for more than 9 months to draw a reasonable conclusion.

And we will. I suspect we'll see more of the same: "If it's good, take credit for it; if it's bad, blame it on Bush; if it's bad and we can't blame it on Bush, say it's better than it would have been if we hadn't done it."

Sure, I would rather factor in what he received and where we are now contrasted with where we would be if your guy was still in office.

My guy? When was Ron Paul the president?

It's an indication, basd upon their criteria, that the US became more peaceful, relative to other nations in the world

Fixed it for you.

I did, plenty has changed and 9 months isn't enough time to measure anything.

So plenty has changed but none of it's measurable? Which is it?

Hell, your hero said it takes 50 years to fully understand a president's legacy, give him his 4 or 8 years and then tally.

And yet you still blame everything on Bush. Nice double standard.

Look, I've never said I favored Bush at all, yet that's what you keep going back to. Bush is out, you're guy isn't much better, deal with it.

I don't think Americans get how sick the rest of the world is of us. You have the US at 4% of the world, 2% are conservatives, so that measn 98% of the world disagrees with conservative US Americans with the exception of a few Britts and others. I think it's easily 90% of the world disagrees with that the US has been doing and wants a change. Obama is that change and they are encouraging the US by promoting Obama via Nobel.

So, you are saying that 98% of the world has lifted the societal burden, which has been placed on women, for centuries, that people are free to pursue a life that pleases them, and seek that, which is best, for their personal welfare?

Yeah, I can see how the rest of the world has come to despise America.

Well...I am not the only one where this happens with luckyboy.

Its a lot easier for him when he sets up a strawman argument that he attributes to you (one you don't believe and never said) and then argues against it. This way he can make the same meaningless/factless assertions over and over on every thread.

Its a lot easier than making a cogent argument regarding something you actually posted.

It would be as if I posted the "earth is flat" on every thread...

I don't think Americans get how sick the rest of the world is of us. You have the US at 4% of the world, 2% are conservatives, so that measn 98% of the world disagrees with conservative US Americans with the exception of a few Britts and others. I think it's easily 90% of the world disagrees with that the US has been doing and wants a change. Obama is that change and they are encouraging the US by promoting Obama via Nobel.

So, you are saying that 98% of the world has lifted the societal burden, which has been placed on women, for centuries, that people are free to pursue a life that pleases them, and seek that, which is best, for their personal welfare?

Feeble strawman attempt; that is not what he wrote.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Remember that statement? You're making assumptions about my response based on your own predetermined conclusions. You label anyone that disagrees with you as a war-mongering neo-conservative, when in reality it's far from the truth.

And that's a reasonable assumption based upon your assertion that Obama had just been a continuation of Bush, when I have posted evidence of the opposite after only 9 months.

And he said he didn't want to bail out the auto industry and did anyway.

I don't recall him saying he wasn't going ot bail them out, but to say he didn't want to bail them out is normal and admirable. He never said he wouldn't bail them out, but hypothetically if he did and flipped as they were crumbling then so what?

Again, Obama has strongly suggested closing GITMO but has received harsh criticism from the R's in congress. He would have to ship prisoners here, which I believe he did some already. So because it hasn't been done in 15 minutes then you call him ineffective. The real problem in this conversation is that you act as tho these major issues can be accomplished in a day.

He also said he would allow 5 days of public comment before signing bills. As with most politicians, I'll believe it when I see it.

And he wants a transparent gov too. Right now the big issue is HC, the economy / recession, then the ME, increasing taxes, etc. Having to let the public comment is important, but not like these major issues. I took a girl on a tandema while back, I knew here since she was very young. We had a vid guy and a lurker, as well we did a tumbling exit and she wanted to pull. All this out of a 182 @ 12k. Not a huge deal, but a busy jump and after I tossed teh drogue I was looking for everyone so I didn't give her the tap and she left her arms in other than when the camera guy docked up. She was almost upset that I didn't give her the tap, but I told her it was not neccessary for the jump, you may just not like it for the vid, but be glad you listened to everything I told you to do. When I hear you worried about Obama not putting issues before the public for 5 days, whether he did or not, so what? Look around:

- Great recession
- almost double diget unemp
- M.E. AFU
- US auto industry almost dissapeared
- Iran and NK working on nukes
- on and on

Keep things in perspective.

Why would he do that when he's said he supports it. ?

I support much of it too. It is too far-reaching in some areas, but if we plan on beingthe ugly Americans meddling in people's business, we have to have it.

So you support Bush's patriot act as well?

Personally, I think the better option is to not be in everyone's business.

I do to, by a longshot. But that won't happen under any pres, at least not until our dollar collapses.

http://www.sfgate.com/...02/09/BAGS15QB5B.DTL

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

It's his Justice Dept, not him. Also, that's from
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/8/24/headlines

Justice Dept. Advises Reopening Prisoner Abuse Cases
The report’s release comes as the Justice Department has recommended reopening nearly a dozen prisoner abuse cases that the Bush administration had closed. The move could open the door to prosecuting CIA employees and contractors for torture and other abuses that in some cases led to the prisoners’ deaths.

First you want to crucify him after 9 months, now it's

What if Great Recession is the result of Clinton's great bubble?

And you complain about me thinking you're partisan? Firstly, that's ridiculous, secondly, why not just pick out every Democrat and blame them....Oh, I see you have. You have no credibility with me as far as objectivity. There wasn't even a Clinton recession, as advertised, as there weren't 2 consecutive quarters of neg GDP. I'm just dying to here this, and if not maybe you can look to Carter.:D

Again, the only borrowing he's done is for Bush's Great Recession.

You mean the Bush stimulus has been very effective? Anytime someone talks bad about it you're keen to point that out. Not so much when you think it's working.

No, I mean the Obama stimulus, you're talking the bank bailout; get your HR's straight. I think both were needed.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/economy/tp/2009_economic_stimulus_bill.htm

I'm sure glad unemployment still isn't at 10%...

The 3 main indicators:

Unem rate
GDP
Market

2 of 3 have flipped around from being in the toilet, the 3rd is rounding off and all that in 9 months and you're still critical of that Democrat...uh, who is it? Oh yea, doesn't matter, you hate em all. Remember teh 1990 recession, the 1980 if you're old enough, they were waaaaaaaay worse for longer, this Great Recession is worse GDP and market-wise, but seems to have come out faster as now we don't have Republicans in office saying, "LET THE MARKET CORRECT ITSELF."

Well, by doing very little different that would make him essentially the same right?

But he's not, his stimulus ahs undone a lot of Bush damage and he wants HC BADLY, how canyou say he's another Bush; he's polar opposite.

Wow... such progress.

It is, the R's would rather keep teh shit stirred over there, he's trying to repair that; polar opposite.

And we will. I suspect we'll see more of the same: "If it's good, take credit for it; if it's bad, blame it on Bush; if it's bad and we can't blame it on Bush, say it's better than it would have been if we hadn't done it."

That's real loyalty sticking up for your guy Bush, but Bush taking a great economy and mishandling a set of disasters, going into an unwarranted war and cutting taxes all teh while so he drives up a 5+T debt increase is very tangible, Obama has already after just 9 months started undoing some of these and you want to blame him and call him the same. Like you, we all miss Bush for different reasons. You miss his stelar leadership, we miss his comedic blunders; thank god for youtube ;)

My guy? When was Ron Paul the president?

Ah, a disgruntled Republican. No wonder you defend Bush so much, you're 3 degrees off full-on Republicanism. Oh and BTW, he never will be.

Fixed it for you.

We've become more peaceful individually and relatively.

So plenty has changed but none of it's measurable? Which is it?

A lot has changed, but as for data, it's a small sample size, hence not yet statistically significant inteh big picture. Things could turn south, so you can't brag until after 2 or 3 years, I'm being realistic, you're being pesimistic. Things have really changed for the better.

And yet you still blame everything on Bush. Nice double standard.

Yea, in response to me quoting Bush on it taking 50 years to fully realize a president's legacy. Uh, that was his quote and if you posted more that I wrote you would find that it doesn't take 50 years to realize Bush butchered pretty much everything.

In 50 years we'll talk and see what we think, but until then I'm good by understanding the mishandling of the Bush presidency and am willing to acredit him for what traspired under him. If you couldn't read what I was saying, Bush made that assertion so as to say, 'Hey, you'll see that I was right. It might be 50 years.'

No double standard, just reading his acts for what they are and for what they created.

A good example of that 50-year rule of Bush's is Reagan. When Reagan left office I think he was right behind Wash and Lincoln, now he's 10 and sinking. After we got thru with all of the grandfatherly love he could impart, we've realized teh mess with this debt that he proliferated. It took his 2 successors 12 years to stop the bleeding and the debt was 5.5T by then. Then baby Reagan came in and extorted another 5.5T. I think the country will figure it out and he will be at 20 within a decade.

Look, I've never said I favored Bush at all, yet that's what you keep going back to.

Yet all you do is to protect him.

Bush is out, you're guy isn't much better, deal with it.

I see you're easing off. First it was that they were the same, now it's, "not much better." Which is it?

The instant GPI rating, the instant GDP jump and the quick turnaround of the market is all I need to establish how wrong you are. And that's 9 months. Wait for 2 years, unemp s/b down to 6 or 7 and shrinking, we should all have HC and things will be repairing.

...but of course Bush and Obama will bethe same guy to you:S

Yeah, I can see how the rest of the world has come to despise America.

You're talking intra-country, I'm talking international. Apples/oranges. I get your point, you're flag-waving, but my point was that the world is sick of American conservative values.

Yowza! I've been out of the loop for a few days on news; and when I saw this was floored. All I can say is WTF?

Thought a person actually had to accomplish something to win this.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Thank you Mr. Kallend. So why do you feel Tim Berners-Lee is more deserving of a Nobel Peace prize than President Obama?

What do you think this is? Twenty Questions?

Thanks! That's all I needed to know. You've proven my point beautifully B|
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Thank you Mr. Kallend. So why do you feel Tim Berners-Lee is more deserving of a Nobel Peace prize than President Obama?

What do you think this is? Twenty Questions?

Thanks! That's all I needed to know. You've proven my point beautifully B|

Your standard for proofs is pathetically low.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ah, fox "news". Real credible, unbiased source. Yeah, you've persuaded us.
Fucking commies.

"Fair and balanced" FOX would be the only network to push a story like this, but to be honest, do you think the Nobel Prize Committee would be made up any different?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

"Fair and balanced" FOX would be the only network to push a story like this, but to be honest, do you think the Nobel Prize Committee would be made up any different?

I think that if you have to resort to dismissing the Nobel committee as a bunch of pinkos like this is 1955, you've already lost the argument. There are plenty of worthwhile points to be discussed. The arcane "Commie" angle isn't among them.

I think that if you have to resort to dismissing the Nobel committee as a bunch of pinkos like this is 1955, you've already lost the argument. There are plenty of worthwhile points to be discussed. The arcane "Commie" angle isn't among them.

You're the one using the term "commie". Apparently, they are typical European socialists as indicated.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I think that if you have to resort to dismissing the Nobel committee

so one out of hand dismissal of a network, and one out of hand dismissal of a committee

seems balanced on speakers corner anyway

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think that if you have to resort to dismissing the Nobel committee

so one out of hand dismissal of a network, and one out of hand dismissal of a committee

seems balanced on speakers corner anyway

Depends on whether one would be inclined to equate the Nobel Committee with Fox "News".