The_Don

Why is the POTUS.

he needs to stop running for president and start being the president.

He is. How else is he supposed to get his message across to a populace whose primary interest is entertainment?

Agreed 100%. The ultimate employer of any President is The People. He's communicating with the boss. Dem or Repub, I prefer an engaged President to a detached one any time.

Anyone with doubts about this process should Google the phrase "bully pulpit" and edjumacate themselves.

I noticed Bill Clinton was on the Jon Stewart show at about the same time.

Clinton was on the Daily Show last Thursday.

Is that the same show? I never watch the Comedy Channel since it's never captioned. Guess I caught a rerun while flipping through the channels.

Actually, I don't remember exactly when I saw it... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He is. How else is he supposed to get his message across to a populace whose primary interest is entertainment?

I think you miss understood. Obama needs to actually work on a project instead of talking about it. Obama is full of hot air and lip service but doesn't know what work actually is. as he said during his campaign " i have wrote letters and made phone calls"

I think you miss understood. Obama needs to actually work on a project instead of talking about it. Obama is full of hot air and lip service but doesn't know what work actually is. as he said during his campaign " i have wrote letters and made phone calls"

That, perhaps, in the beginning is a lot better than doing what a former president did (beyond many other dubious things): Just pulling over a fierce *bomber jacket* and yelling something about a *mission* did not make him a better president. :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>as he said during his campaign " i have wrote letters and made phone calls"

Sounds a lot like my job most days. (Oh, and I move a mouse.)

Obama doesn't work on projects, doesn't read bills he signs, nor does he work on fixing problems, all he does is talk and give poor or wrong information to promate his agenda.

You gotta be kiddin'. Have you seen Letterman's ratings?

If he's trying to hit the biggest audience (read biggest ratings), why did he go on 5 talking head shows last Sunday and skip Fox,;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

If he's trying to hit the biggest audience (read biggest ratings), why did he go on 5 talking head shows last Sunday and skip Fox,;)

He didnt want to have to answer real questions!;)
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

because he can not answer the hard questions, his facts are wrong, he is scared to face people that don't praise him. If his policies actually wewre good and his facts were correct, the best way tell sell his shit would be to convince the people that are his biggesy skeptics.

If he's trying to hit the biggest audience (read biggest ratings), why did he go on 5 talking head shows last Sunday and skip Fox,

Same reason you take your kids to visit the nice people in the neighborhood on Halloween, but skip the house of the angry, crazy whack job down the street: who wants to get an apple with a razor blade?

If he's trying to hit the biggest audience (read biggest ratings), why did he go on 5 talking head shows last Sunday and skip Fox,

Same reason you take your kids to visit the nice people in the neighborhood on Halloween, but skip the house of the angry, crazy whack job down the street: who wants to get an apple with a razor blade?

So the people at Fox are a danger to B.O.??? Man, you guys are running out of argument.

A sincere leader is able to participate in debate on the issues. Mr. Obama doesn't do that. Instead, he makes appearances only on "friendly" networks where he can use his airtime to continue his sales pitch unchallenged.

That's called propapganda.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

not exactly an apples to apples comparison there. reguardless of how whacked out and crazy you think fox is, they have great ratings and he could reach a lot more of the people who's minds he wants to change by going on fox. if he believes in his product he should have no problem answering the tough questions. besides, if you think chris wallace would be anything but fair and respectful you would be dead wrong. for that matter, o'reilly and hannity would be respectful too. the thing here is that, like most liberals, he would rather marginalize fox than legitimize them by appearing on the network. politically its a bad move.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

He didnt want to have to answer real questions!;)

You mean like "why do you hate white people"?
"Which is scarier, your health plan or cancer"?
"Would you like some poisoned wine?"
"Did you have anything to do with that Acorn worker getting away with the murder that she confessed to"?

But you guys do have a point, FOX certainly fits in the entertainment category.

Irony is dead!