funjumper101

Health Care Policy and the Village Idiots

>Christians believe the Bible is the sacred word of God.

No Christian I know believes that 100%. (I assume you do not, either.) Thus learning about evolution, geology, paleontology, cosmology etc do not cause them any inner conflict.

>Does BIG-GOV need a new leader to provide the vision for us peons?

Most of the country thought so.

>Being PAST tense........

Obama approval rating: (Pew Sept 2009)

Approve 55
Disapprove 33

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Funny you keep picking that one:D:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Being PAST tense........

Obama approval rating: (Pew Sept 2009)

Approve 55
Disapprove 33

Obama approval rating: (Rasmussen today)

Strongly Approve: 31
Strongly Disapprove: 40

Overall Approve: 49
Overall Disapprove: 50

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration
/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

>Christians believe the Bible is the sacred word of God.

No Christian I know believes that 100%. (I assume you do not, either.) Thus learning about evolution, geology, paleontology, cosmology etc do not cause them any inner conflict.
[/Reply]

Ok then, let's get to the core belief of Christianity. Christ, the son of God, died and then was resurected. I'd guess that even if he dismisses the entire Bible, Obama would at least have to believe that to be Christian. Is that grounds to believe he's a villiage idiot?

The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

>Christ, the son of God, died and then was resurected. I'd guess that
>even if he dismisses the entire Bible, Obama would at least have to
>believe that to be Christian. Is that grounds to believe he's a villiage
>idiot?

What are you talking about?

The original post did not say christians were "village idiots." It said the ones that don't believe in evolution are the village idiots. So your statement would only make sense if Obama was a creationist who rejected evolution.

It would be easier if you just posted "I hate Obama" as a reply to posts like the above. It would get to the root of your point more quickly.

>Funny you keep picking that one

Especially funny since I haven't used it before!

But if you don't like that one, perhaps Gallup is more to your liking.

Approve 52
Disapprove 42

OK, ANYONE that is misleading:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Christ, the son of God, died and then was resurected. I'd guess that
>even if he dismisses the entire Bible, Obama would at least have to
>believe that to be Christian. Is that grounds to believe he's a villiage
>idiot?

What are you talking about?

The original post did not say christians were "village idiots." It said the ones that don't believe in evolution are the village idiots. So your statement would only make sense if Obama was a creationist who rejected evolution.

It would be easier if you just posted "I hate Obama" as a reply to posts like the above. It would get to the root of your point more quickly.

No, the OP is pointing out that creationism is a symptom of an attitude tha permeates their being, one based on belief and not fact. So my question for youse guys is - does belief in a man dying and then being raised from the dead fit fit with that idiotic type of attitude? Certainly there's no basis in scientific fact.

Ok then, let's get to the core belief of Christianity. Christ, the son of God, died and then was resurected. I'd guess that even if he dismisses the entire Bible, Obama would at least have to believe that to be Christian. Is that grounds to believe he's a villiage idiot?

It astounds me that the village idiots, can't work out that Obama and any other person Running for Presedent of the USA would ALWAYS state their religon as Christianity.

If they didn't they would then become the village Idiot, as close to a majority of the village are in fact idiots themselves.

You need to appear be an idiot to have the acceptance of idiots!

:D

You really think Old G 'dubya was a bonafide born again christian?

Holy War!!!

For fucks sake people, pull your head in!

:S
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

It astounds me that the village idiots, can't work out that Obama and any other person Running for Presedent of the USA would ALWAYS state their religon as Christianity.

If they didn't they would then become the village Idiot, as close to a majority of the village are in fact idiots themselves.

You need to appear be an idiot to have the acceptance of idiots!

:D

You really think Old G 'dubya was a bonafide born again christian?

Holy War!!!

For fucks sake people, pull your head in!

:S

So you believe he's not really a Christian, but you applaud his dishonesty about it?

>So my question for youse guys is - does belief in a man dying and then
>being raised from the dead fit fit with that idiotic type of attitude?
>Certainly there's no basis in scientific fact.

I think in your zeal to insult Obama you have ventured into things that no one has said. You're making lots of inferences - which is fine, but they are your inferences, not the original poster's.

Do you think evolution is a valid scientific theory?

A former religious nutter, he managed to overcome his upbringing and come around to understanding the impotance of knowlege and facts, instead of fear and superstition.

About 20% of the US population do not believe in Evolution and do believe the Creation myth. They consider it fact, not myth. This attitude permeates their whole existence. Fear of knowlege and fact rules their lives. Emotion and belief are what matter to them. Facts are discarded if they conflict with the beliefs and emotions.

I'm not trying to insult Obama. (Kinda hard to do that since I doubt he reads DZdotcom) And it's not a stretch to see very clearly that 101 wasn't limiting his attack to creationists. It's just one of the easist faith issues to attack. I was merely pointing out to the OP that if you're going to attack people who believe, based on faith, things that are not scientifically proven, you either need to include Obama in the attack (and admit you voted for an idiot) or just call him an outright liar, like Rhys did.

> And it's not a stretch to see very clearly that 101 wasn't limiting his
>attack to creationists.

If you were to actually read his post you would see that he is limiting his attack to the "20% of the US population do not believe in Evolution and do believe the Creation myth." Now, you may imagine all sorts of things in which he's calling all christians idiots, or that he's calling Obama names, or that he believes in flying saucers. But that's your imagination, not reality.

> I was merely pointing out to the OP that if you're going to attack people
>who believe, based on faith, things that are not scientifically proven . . .

Do you attack people who believe things based on faith?

If you were to actually read his post you would see that he is limiting his attack....

No, he wasn't. Not only did I read it, I even quoted him and put parts of it in bold so that everyone could comprehend. I could highlight or use crayon if you like.:D

>I even quoted him and put parts of it in bold so that everyone
>could comprehend.

In that case I will do the same for you:

About 20% of the US population do not believe in Evolution and do believe the Creation myth. They consider it fact, not myth.

That's the 20% he's talking about. Again, imagine whatever you like, but those are his actual words. Trying to ignore them doesn't work well when they're right there in black and white.

Now, do you disagree with what he said? If so, can you explain your disagreement coherently?

So you believe he's not really a Christian, but you applaud his dishonesty about it?

No, I believe every candidate would state they were christian even if they were not, as it is necessary to gain the majority vote in the USA.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

if you're going to attack people who believe, based on faith, things that are not scientifically proven, you either need to include Obama in the attack (and admit you voted for an idiot) or just call him an outright liar, like Rhys did.

Ahh, actually I did not, I simply pointed out that it is necessary to be christian to be in obamas position. He may well be a christan man as he states he is, for all I know. I wouldn't be completely sure however, as people as rational as he portrays himself to be are not usually as ignorant as true christains, they may go to church to please grandma...

The morals of the church are well engrained in society and for the most part are good, but the basis of the system is flawed in the need to resort to obscure scriptures translated over millenia by greedy two faced human beings.

not common sence, not science but fables and stories of lies, very unbelievable and quite pathetic lies!