downwardspiral

Finally Obama....

Got to love it.... a thread about Obama's remark regarding Kanye West is quickly derailed by two moderators into a Republican bashing thread. That's complete bullshit and as moderators you both should know better.

Gotta remember Tom stated on here that the job of the greenies is to make the pot stink more to see what floats up.

sometimes they do it to themselves and not even know it!!!:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Never said I didn't. Wilson did the country a favor although in a very disrespectful manner. So I can forgive his outburst. Falling on one's sword for the sake of the country is admirable. Sadly that's what it took to get the dems to listen.

Kanye West IS a jackass and my respect meter just went up a couple points for Obama.

And now those people are banning words such as liar in reference to the president when in debate in congress. So the right to freedom of speech doesn't apply......of course it hasn't for a long time since things like "hate speech" is outlawed.....and of course these rules regarding not calling the president a liar, a hypocrite, cowardly, giving aid and comfort to the enemy, intellectually dishonest didn't apply when bush was in office. We want to be sure that no one in congress says anything bad about the great obama......and remember, if you even disagree with his policies your a racist;)

And now those people are banning words such as liar in reference to the president when in debate in congress. So the right to freedom of speech doesn't apply......

do you know why the aisle between the side in Congress is as wide as it is?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>is quickly derailed by two moderators into a Republican bashing thread.

Dude, you compared a guy who shouted a rude comment in the Senate to someone who was willing to die for their country. Such an absurd statement requires some serious mocking.

It's an expression. Absurd is you, as intelligent as you are, not realizing this or, more likely, purposely twisting my words.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

That's complete bullshit and as moderators you both should know better.

Don't confuse moderation and posting. They are separate.

Moderators are free to post whatever they want, within the forum rules, just like everyone else. They're expected to moderate as fairly as they can. But they are definitely not expected to post "fairly" (whatever that means) or not to have opinions on the topics of discussion.

Yep...no different than those who attempt to stymie townhall discussion about healthcare through obnoxious behavior and intentional discussion derailment. Not against rules, however, it is ugly and unbecoming.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

> I had just read it as a metaphor, rather than a literal comparison to someone
> willing to die for something or other.

?? Uh, it was a metaphor. A metaphor is a comparison between two things.

I read "fall on his sword" as a metaphorical, rather than a literal, statement.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

>I read "fall on his sword" as a metaphorical, rather than a literal, statement.

Correct. The original phrase refers to an actual event where someone killed themselves for the betterment of their country/legion/state whatever. It was used as a metaphor (comparison) for what Wilson did.

Got to love it.... a thread about Obama's remark regarding Kanye West is quickly derailed by two moderators into a Republican bashing thread. That's complete bullshit and as moderators you both should know better.

Yep...no different than those who attempt to stymie townhall discussion about healthcare through obnoxious behavior and intentional discussion derailment. Not against rules, however, it is ugly and unbecoming.

Now who is the one changing the subject? Seriously you guys are comical, please keep it up:)