rushmc

ACORN has had a good week

Run for the hills!!!!!...... oh................. wait ............................. those are left wing extremists....

fun stuff

3 people will get on here and tell you how those people are 'really' right wingers

2 people that'll call you a hypocrit for listing only extremists on the left instead of sampling both sides - mostly supported by random links to pics of bunnies - but no one will look at the links

2 that will agree, but will actually offer up the other side's examples just because they are reasonable or wish to appear so

4 people that will +1 you

1 person (our new hairyjuan-bot) that will cut and paste an alternet article that no one will read blaming the white man for high cigarette prices

1 person that will provide a ton of backup on why Reagan caused this entire mess - also no one will read it

7 will correct you're grammer and speling and complain about no periodds or paragraf brakes

2 that will call you a racist

all this and we don't even have Jeanne around much anymore just to personally insult you and not get banned

enjoy

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

1 person (our new hairyjuan-bot) that will cut and paste an alternet article that no one will read.

Glenn Beck will tell you that this weekend's march of right-wing activists on Washington was six months in the making.

Don't believe a word of it. Try 40 years.

As disgruntled white taxpayers joined conspiracy theorists, gun enthusiasts, state-sovereignty activists and outright racists on Pennsylvania Avenue, the long-time leaders of the American right, whose pedigrees go back to the 1964 presidential campaign of Sen. Barry Goldwater, R-Ariz., no doubt witnessed a day they thought might never come.

Never before has the right taken to the streets in such numbers. (Estimates range between 50,000 and 100,000 attending the post-mach rally at the U.S. Capitol building.) Marching has long been the province of the left, most notably in the civil rights movement. But the election of the nation's first African-American president, a moderate liberal, in a time of economic crisis, yielded right-wing leaders the gold of backlash.

While the foot-soldiers of the Tea Party movement give it a more secular appearance than its recent predecessors, the movement is the right's replacement for a religious right that has weakened since 2004, when it helped win a second term for George W. Bush. The tactics, however, are the same: just as the religious right subverts the Christian faith in the service of its authoritarian, business-friendly goals, so, too, does the Tea Party movement subvert the American civic religion -- that faith characterized by love of country, invocation of the Founders and veneration of the Constitution.

http://www.alternet.org/politics/142606/right_wingers_marching_in_dc_is_big_news_--_but_the_same_old_faces_are_pulling_the_strings

:)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

1 person (our new hairyjuan-bot) that will cut and paste an alternet article that no one will read.

Glenn Beck will tell you that this weekend's march of right-wing activists on Washington was six months in the making.

Don't believe a word of it. Try 40 years.

As disgruntled white taxpayers joined conspiracy theorists, gun enthusiasts, state-sovereignty activists and outright racists on Pennsylvania Avenue, the long-time leaders of the American right, whose pedigrees go back to the 1964 presidential campaign of Sen. Barry Goldwater, R-Ariz., no doubt witnessed a day they thought might never come.

Never before has the right taken to the streets in such numbers. (Estimates range between 50,000 and 100,000 attending the post-mach rally at the U.S. Capitol building.) Marching has long been the province of the left, most notably in the civil rights movement. But the election of the nation's first African-American president, a moderate liberal, in a time of economic crisis, yielded right-wing leaders the gold of backlash.

While the foot-soldiers of the Tea Party movement give it a more secular appearance than its recent predecessors, the movement is the right's replacement for a religious right that has weakened since 2004, when it helped win a second term for George W. Bush. The tactics, however, are the same: just as the religious right subverts the Christian faith in the service of its authoritarian, business-friendly goals, so, too, does the Tea Party movement subvert the American civic religion -- that faith characterized by love of country, invocation of the Founders and veneration of the Constitution.

http://www.alternet.org/politics/142606/right_wingers_marching_in_dc_is_big_news_--_but_the_same_old_faces_are_pulling_the_strings

:)

I blame Reagan for inventing tea - if he hadn't done that, then tea parties would be impossible

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Going for week two:

"The Senate voted to cut off ACORN Housing funds following the release of three videotapes that show employees of the activist group advising a "pimp" and "prostitute" on how to break the law.

The amendment, offered by Nebraska Republican Sen. Mike Johanns, passed in a vote of 83 to 7 and prohibits the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now from receiving funds from the current Transportation and Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/14/senate-votes-cut-acorn-housing-funding/

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Going for week two:

"The Senate voted to cut off ACORN Housing funds following the release of three videotapes that show employees of the activist group advising a "pimp" and "prostitute" on how to break the law.

The amendment, offered by Nebraska Republican Sen. Mike Johanns, passed in a vote of 83 to 7 and prohibits the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now from receiving funds from the current Transportation and Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/14/senate-votes-cut-acorn-housing-funding/

Damn straight. Should have happened years ago
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

another tape was released today. i wonder how many there are.

A bit off topic but by the same token, there was no new tape released today even though the courts have ruled under the freedom of information act that the CIA must release the torture films. I wonder how many there are.

Oh, just one more thing.., Why do we torture?
I'm pretty sure that it has been established that torture doesn't get any real intelligence but rather gets the tortured to say whatever he thinks his tormentors want to hear.
Like who was responsible for 9-11 and are there more attacks planned which would neccesitate a raise to the color coded terror alert level. LOL!
Maybe we can stop sending them our tax dollars.

Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

It is very sad how quite the media get 's when there own agenda's are under fire. On Glenn Beck he was showing the number of story's per channel about acorn. I think fox had 190, CNN had 90? and all of the other major ones had less than 10. Some had 0 storys. It's very sad how much people will ignore if it go's against there agenda:S.

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Lets keep up the billions in federal "assistance", OK?

Not to fear my friend..... 83-7 vote in the Senate to cut ACORN loose.

Here are the Senators that voted NAY to keep the funding to ACORN. Big surpise that both Durbin and Burris from IL voted to keep the funding. Things that make you go hmmmm, huh Kallend? This is the shit that makes me angry. The far left loons are more corrupt then ever before.

Durbin (D-IL), Nay
Burris (D-IL), Nay
Gillibrand (D-NY), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
Whitehouse (D-RI), Nay
Sanders (I-VT), Nay
Casey (D-PA), Nay

http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00275

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Durbin and Burris are just criminals who have not been convicted yet.

When you are in a state known for corruption, run by corruption, the corruption of these guys seems normal to it's corrupt constituents who keep them in power.

Shitcago has so many votes that the rest of the states has the election stolen away from them.

It is very sad how quite the media get 's when there own agenda's are under fire. On Glenn Beck he was showing the number of story's per channel about acorn. I think fox had 190, CNN had 90? and all of the other major ones had less than 10. Some had 0 storys. It's very sad how much people will ignore if it go's against there agenda:S.

Actually, I thought CNN was all over it when I had it on while I was cooking dinner yesterday. I think it was a huge chunk of what Lou Dobbs talked about for the hour-- and he definitely wasn't happy about ACORN!

If what is happening is true, then it sounds like a lot of dirty business to me. Hopefully they reap what they sow.... definitely some shady business. [:/]
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

ACORN must be doing something right-just a quick scan of cnn and msnbc websites show no mention of this on the front page-I guess they had to save that space for kayne west and taylor swift.

A quick scan of foxnews website shows no mention on the front page that we put boots on the ground in Somalia yesterday to recover the corpose of an al qaeda terrorist we'd just killed. The Somali government has confirmed the kill and stated that they welcomed the attack. My guess is it would be the top story if it had been Bush who signed the execute order rather than Obama.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

ACORN must be doing something right-just a quick scan of cnn and msnbc websites show no mention of this on the front page-I guess they had to save that space for kayne west and taylor swift.

A quick scan of foxnews website shows no mention on the front page that we put boots on the ground in Somalia yesterday to recover the corpose of an al qaeda terrorist we'd just killed. The Somali government has confirmed the kill and stated that they welcomed the attack. My guess is it would be the top story if it had been Bush who signed the execute order rather than Obama.

Hey, those guys are biased, too, so it's ok?

That's kind of weird reasoning, isn't it?

I don't think ACORN ought to be getting tax dollars. I don't think the US should be involved in invasions of foreign territory. Am I supposed to view two different biases, neither of which I agree with, as a good thing?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

CNN was not really covering it at first. They are covering it better than most of the other outlets now. I hear there is another great (the best yet) ACORN video that is going to be shown on Glenn Beck tonight that outs some politicions that are very much involved with ACORN! And a few other great things that one of there workers said:)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Hey, those guys are biased, too, so it's ok?

That's kind of weird reasoning, isn't it?

I don't think ACORN ought to be getting tax dollars. I don't think the US should be involved in invasions of foreign territory. Am I supposed to view two different biases, neither of which I agree with, as a good thing?

I don't know enough about ACORN to have an opinion...hell, I don't even know what they do (or purport to do). I'm cool with precision strikes on terrorists who've attacked us.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

so it took over a week for cnn to put the story on. I guess they couldn't miss the news for to long esp with the ratings they have. The ratings will hopefully, in time, bring them back to reality.

the two how put the movies out there say they have yet another tonight to release and then another tomorrow night. The reason for the trickeling out of the stories was so the state run media could not ignore them.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't know enough about ACORN to have an opinion...hell, I don't even know what they do (or purport to do). I'm cool with precision strikes on terrorists who've attacked us.

My point was that you seemed to assume there were two "sides" and that each had it's own bias reflected in at least one news source. I don't think that's the case, and I think that assuming it boils down to two "sides" does a disservice to those who hold views more complex than just a parenthetical (R) or (D) behind their name.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

My point was that you seemed to assume there were two "sides" and that each had it's own bias reflected in at least one news source. I don't think that's the case, and I think that assuming it boils down to two "sides" does a disservice to those who hold views more complex than just a parenthetical (R) or (D) behind their name.

As a similarly minded, non parenthetical voter, I fail to see the disservice. I do think there are two major sides, and I do think many of the major news outlets, including those mentioned here, are biased. How does that insult or discredit you or me?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)