mnealtx

Edward "Ted" Kennedy, RIP

Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Wyoming........warpedskydiver's school, mine, U of C, Northwestern, Ohio State, Michigan State, U of Michigan, U of Wisconsin, U of Illinois, Indiana U, Purdue, Az. State, Iowa State, U.of Nebraska, Case Western, various Bible colleges, liberal arts colleges like Grinnell, Oberlin and Beloit, etc. etc.

Damn! Is there anyone that doesn't meet their criteria?

Yes, but not in the list above.

Not much of a special club if everyone's a member. You're correct in that you, hopefully, know more about accreditation procedures than I do. I've always produced or promoted products for a living instead of tonguing the taint of tenure.

Must frost you, then, that so many Americans spend lots of money sending their kids to listen to people like me for 4 years.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yep. Here we go. Anything to divert attention from the truth of the discussion at hand.

If there wasn't any point to it that is one thing, but to prove that it happens on BOTH sides is another. It's relevant to the debate. Calling somebody out for throwing stones when they live in a glass house is VERY relevant. It's the same for both sides. Call em' how they are.

If the discussion was Kennedy's military experience and education vs Bush and McCaine's then yes, it would be very relevant. If the discussion is on Kennedy, then throwing in accusations about other people is not relevant. It's an attempted distraction; a red herring. "Well look at those guys" is not relevant and even if it were, it certainly wouldn't be an excuse.

It seems relevant from the perspective that all professional politicians appear to be pretty superficial, highly manipulative self-centered people. Pretty impossible to make it to the levels we are talking about (national level for sure, state level too in most cases) without those qualities.

So yes; Kennedy (pick a Kennedy, any Kennedy)exhibited a good amount of unhealthy behavior, and covered it up the best he could. So did Bush (pick a Bush, any Bush).

They all lie, cheat, manipulate, obfuscate, mislead, and deceive; tools of the trade. Can we all move past that point and focus on the human tragedy at hand. Who is it again that we are shedding tears for?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Unless you are thinking being ranked #106 is better than #69

Is that how they teach math at IIT?:D:D:D

It really does not get much better than 69, does it?

Of course I've never tried 106. Give me a hint.

BTW, just funning; got a little annoyed at the my-school-can-beat-up-your-school stuff. You don't want to know where I went; a place where you could be a total goof-off and still get a degree - if that's what a person wanted.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Nope-it frosts me how few useful skills they pick up.

Yep, those doctors, engineers and scientists, what the hell do they know?

Actually, due to my wife's career the majority of the advanced degreed individuals I know are educators. Those that know, do. Those that don't....well, it's an adage for a reason.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Unless you are thinking being ranked #106 is better than #69

Is that how they teach math at IIT?:D:D:D

It really does not get much better than 69, does it?

Of course I've never tried 106. Give me a hint.

BTW, just funning; got a little annoyed at the my-school-can-beat-up-your-school stuff. You don't want to know where I went; a place where you could be a total goof-off and still get a degree - if that's what a person wanted.

I think we've established already that school #69 doesn't exist except in his imagination.

Me too.

I would have to go back but I found DeVry Chicago at #69

Does it make sense that there is nothing between 68&71?:S

According to U.S. News and World Report, Devry University is an unranked institution at this time.

Once again, there are more sources for school rankings, and it is not that rag I am referring to.

So if someone wants to actually come out and say that IIT ranks higher than DeVry, and say it as an educator and Dean at IIT, please do so I can present this to the proper people.

Otherwise quit addressing matters that had nothing to do with you in the first place.

Once again, there are more sources for school rankings, and it is not that rag I am referring to.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

So if someone wants to actually come out and say that IIT ranks higher than DeVry, and say it as an educator and Dean at IIT, please do so I can present this to the proper people.

:D:D:D:D:D

Otherwise quit addressing matters that had nothing to do with you in the first place.

This IS an open forum. If you don't want people to discuss the stuff you post here, don't post.

...got a little annoyed at the my-school-can-beat-up-your-school stuff.

+1

This thread has drifted so much it's now gone completely off the bridge and is upside down in Chappaquiddick bay.

Don

I'll report it to the mods sometime tomorrow afternoon after I have a chance to call a couple of my friends.

:D:D:D

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Don't forget to get a good night's sleep so you look fresh for your public when you do report it.

Don