Wharewaka

True history

I tend to use dropzone as a pretty solid sounding board and information source. As long as you avoid a few trolls and conspiracy nuts, you'll probably get a solid answer including serveral points of view.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
- Ben Kenobi
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Nothing right now, just wanna know where to find true facts when I do want to know something in history. Who/Where is history officially recorded for our children to find out facts one day.But seems like there is no such thing as true history. History change over time....

Did Einstein reply "compound interest" to a question about the greatest force on earth for example...

Another place you can go is Wikipedia. It's not perfect either, but it's another set of POVs -- i.e. a bunch of people can change it, so it generally reflects something they can all agree on. As others have said, it's not a reliable source, but it's a great input.

And it generally has a number of references you can use.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Actually, this is a great place to start. What do you want to know?

:D
Nicely done!
:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If i want to find out something that happened in the worlds history. Like what started the Gulf War(Just an example) Where do I go? No fabricated stories, truth and true facts

Unfortunately I haven't yet seen a single history book which wouldn't be biased in some way. Even if you ask someone who is researching the event/period, they usually have opinion about the situation, and tend to refer you to the books which support their opinion. Also important documents often tend to be classified - even 2nd World War documents are not all available yet.

So read a lot - and read what is written by all the sides of conflict, if you can.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *