okalb

Bill Would Require Man's OK For Abortion

No it's not ..... she's the one whos body is being affected byt it not his ... he only donated a couple of cells and 60 seconds of his life ... I'm sure that you can see that, that is not an equal partnership in any way shape or form.

Yeah, I get it and I don't think the bill will pass. I just think it's assanine to say the man should have no input when the sex was consensual.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

No it's not ..... she's the one whos body is being affected byt it not his ... he only donated a couple of cells and 60 seconds of his life ... I'm sure that you can see that, that is not an equal partnership in any way shape or form.

Yeah, I get it and I don't think the bill will pass. I just think it's assanine to say the man should have no input when the sex was consensual.

A woman either has absolute right to control a non-viable fetus inside her body, or she has no right at all. If the state may not either prohibit - or, conceivably, force - an abortion, then neither may the man who putatively supplied the sperm. Currently, with Roe v. Wade, the legal right of control of a fetus rests with the woman carrying the fetus in her own body, and not with the state. As long as that remains the law, that's the final word. To allow one rule for the state, but another rule for the putative sperm-supplier, is an intolerable inconsistency.

I just think it's assanine to say the man should have no input when the sex was consensual.

I give input to people's decisions all the time, that doesn't mean I have the right to control what options they have if I disagree.

Input =/= control

Ultimately the woman really is the only person in control of the decision. This can be legal or not, but unless you plan on locking all pregnant women into jails for their terms and controlling their access to other people helping them, they alone really are in control. I don't care if you like it. I don't care if you think it's fair or not. It's simply the way it is and always has been.

The question is do you care enough about the women to allow them to have that control in a way that is generally safe for them or are you going to force them to use options that have a much greater chance of killing them as well as some DNA you may have contributed.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The only fair solution is that the man gets to abort the baby AFTER it leaves the woman's body.

then they both get the same option

at that point, whoever chooses to keep it, (or both) is solely responsible for the child

simple

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I guess that depends on what you deem a pregnacy worth.

Is it worth 18 years of financial liability? If so - what about a lump sum payment?

I am sure that you can see that it is STILL both of them that is affected and that there is no way that it can be equal. So give SOMETHING back to the fairness of it and at least give him the right to choose as well. At least open the door for litigation in the matter. Let it be decided by a jury.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Is it worth 18 years of financial liability? If so - what about a lump sum payment?

I am sure that you can see that it is STILL both of them that is affected and that there is no way that it can be equal. So give SOMETHING back to the fairness of it and at least give him the right to choose as well. At least open the door for litigation in the matter. Let it be decided by a jury.

OR... instead of dragging lawyers into it.

Let them both decide prior to gettin on with the down and dirty.

RESPONSIBLE ADULT RULE:

Only fuck someone that you would want to to mix your DNA with. If you don't trust her with your baby goo, don't give it to her.

I know it's a hard rule to follow... [insert excuse of hormones or temptation or ....] but seriously.... if you don't know him/her, if you don't trust him/her.... DON'T BUMP UGLIES!

OR... instead of dragging lawyers into it.

Let them both decide prior to gettin on with the down and dirty.

RESPONSIBLE ADULT RULE:

Only fuck someone that you would want to to mix your DNA with. If you don't trust her with your baby goo, don't give it to her.

I know it's a hard rule to follow... [insert excuse of hormones or temptation or ....] but seriously.... if you don't know him/her, if you don't trust him/her.... DON'T BUMP UGLIES!

And don't ever speed while driving either.

It's going to happen. With the decline of the parental model at home and good family values, there is less and less repsonsibility imparted upon the youth.

Accountability for what actions are taken will not allow your scenario to exist in other than ideology.[:/]

Sterilization is the only true solution for that problem. And I do not condone forced sterilizations or castrations or the equivalent for women, on anyone that is not a sex offender.

On the other hand - maybe we should let them represent themselves in court - keep the lawyers out of it. I like that idea.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You've never been to a boogie? Trust them? It'd be a stretch to say "know them" in many cases.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com