Gawain

Health Care "Overhaul"

Statistically, I'd bet he's correct. Have you checked your personal expenditures against the vast majority of humans on the planet? Just the fact that you're on the internet (on a computer) puts you way ahead of most people.

Oh THATS what he was trying to say I was confused as hell trying to find out how does wanting everyone to have healthcare and racism relate. How am I the richest guy, fuck I haven’t made a jump in two years cause I can’t afford it. So all what he was saying was confusing.

I know how important insurance is but I can not afford to have it any longer. It is important and I wish I could afford it, but survival like roof and food come first.
So I guess I am spoiled compared to people who don’t have food, or legs, or eyes but that’s not the way we make policies

If we are a great society we do what other great societies do which is take care of each other, and value our lives more then money.

Please Note:
Yes compared to the world we have it much better then 3rd world countries, but compared to many first world democracies who insure all of their citizens we are behind. Because no matter how you like to spine it. Some insurance is better then none.

But you guys keep fighting for the insurance companies, god forbid if profit is not the driving force in health care.:S
:S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yes Darius, most people in the world are living in dire poverty. Your profile lists you as having the disposable income to have made more than 250 skydives, you said earlier that you have $300 a month to spend on health insurance, and you apparently have a computer with internet access. Tom Aiello is correct that health care is not free. What you are seeking is a double standard. You want people that are more wealthy than you to pay for things that you desire, when in reality there are more people in the world less wealthy than you. I will now attach some photos so you can see how people are living in other parts of the world. Unfortunately for you I didn't get any pictures of the children I saw rummaging through garbage looking for something to eat while their mothers crouched in the garbage doing their wash in the dirty canal water.

Why is it more important to provide healthcare (of whatever level) for people in the USA than it is to provide food and shelter for people elsewhere in the world.

Do you know how many children could be fed with the money for one MRI?

Isn't it selfish to want the MRI for yourself, and those who live near you, when you aren't willing to help feed those children? Isn't food a more immediate necessity of life than healthcare? Why are we prioritizing healthcare for the wealthy (relative to the rest of the world) above food for the truly poverty stricken?

If the USA simply cancelled medicare and medicaid, and spent that money directly on food for the world's starving, how many lives would be saved?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

"If we are a great society we do what other great societies do which is take care of each other, and value our lives more then money".

......Should we take care of everybody? Should we include people here illegally? From the Desk of:
Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance
We've just learned that The National Council of La Raza has
issued a strong, but transparent plea to lawmakers that
universal health care should include illegal aliens.

From their site, they are "strongly urg[ing] President
Obama and Congress to make every effort to ensure
that health care reform reaches all communities."

They also added that they aren't the slightest bit interested
in any citizenship or eligibility testing.

After reading this obscene statement, I almost fell out of my
chair. The audacity of this organization knows no bounds. But
even more outrageous is the fact that unless you and I fight
back against the government takeover of our health care,
La Raza may actually succeed in getting their wish!

That's why I want to appeal to you right now.

With Obama poised to take over your personal and private health
decisions, and now La Raza standing at the ready to accept
government health care for illegal aliens we must take immediate
action to ensure this kind of outrageous grab doesn't happen.

Please take a moment right now to join with me and more than
144,582 citizens who are staunchly opposed to
government-run health care by clicking below and signing
our petition:

http://www.grassfire.net/r.asp?u=20235&RID=18103904

Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Hell... if the whole system collapses, how many doctors are going to put up with it?

A lot of them "have to."
What other job out there would you be required to pay 50k -100k in tail malpractice just to quit?
What other job do you have to pay 100k and 8+ years of your life to perform?
And then there's the fact that many tend to live at their income level and not live below it, so the become used to the "doctors" wages....

Many will "have to"

BUT.... many will not.

As much as I want to help people and take care of things.... I WILL NOT BE ANYONES SLAVE.

Here's what should have been done. We already have a government run system, known as the VA. Let this be the politicians little playtoy, to see if they can actually do something right.
The system is already flowing,to some degree, so it wouldn't require the major change over, that private healthcare would require.
Now, turn it into a topnotch healthcare operation, without graft or waste, and then, when they have proven that they can make the system work, the private healthcare system could be operated in the same manner.

Wow You assume to know what i am thinking, you asume to know how much i spend and whose Internet i am using you know what they say about people who assume, I'll assume you know.:S

Last i checked we were not in the business of saving every one in the world. That was not s psrt of thid thread, spin spin spin spin. Maybe that's your first of many problems with this argument. We are not or should not be the world police. So lets first get that straight.

We are talking or at least i am talking about healthcare for US citizens.

I also don't need your pics, i have seen things first hand that you have only seen on TV. So take your arrogant nonfactual attitude and actually take the time to read what were talking about.

This is not save the world.

Darius is advocating force to be used to redistribute wealth, just not his wealth. :D

Again try and read.

I know your to busy having a circle jerk with the same sheep who fucked this country in teh first place but the least you could do is read.

I personaly could not think of any thing better to be taxed for then my fellwo citizens health. I wouldn't bitch about my tax money being spent to save a kid from cancer.

Thats just me. I am wierd like that.

I personaly could not think of any thing better to be taxed for then my fellwo citizens health. I wouldn't bitch about my tax money being spent to save a kid from cancer.

Thats just me. I am wierd like that.

Then why aren't you ALREADY doing it? Why wait?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I would not support that, but i also don't believe all the bullshit that the right is using. I listen to talk radio and i just lose respect when people spew garbage. Jay Severn who i usually like was saying that there going to tell your 70 year old mother to go and die because they don't want to pay for her heart pills. That's just fucking stupid and make his lose all credibility.

The left is not much better, when they have an issue that's on their agenda they push it and falsify claims. There is no one to trust. There is not a single person i can think of who call them self a news person that i trust. There all full of shit.

I don't like the health plan because i disagree with it for the exact opposite reason of most of you.

I think health care is a right for a country that is at our calibre. Do we really want anyone to be sick and not be able to pay for it? I mean that's what it comes to.

Are we ok as a nation to let our fellow citizen suffer because he can't afford it.

I am not.

Because Mike, i might not be able to help family with 20 from a pay check but we could help a lot more people if we all pay 20 a week. I am making the number up ut you get my point.

There is also this. if it is treated like a right no one needs to beg for it you already know you are coverd, and can deal with all the other things you need to deal with.

If it is our tax money it is for all of us. I honestly think its as fair as you can get. I mean it is more fair then wellfair. We all get sick, and some of us get really sick. Its not like someone doesn't want to work or their lazy you don;t have much control over getting sick, and no one actully wants to get sick.

I really don;t think any one is going to sit there and hope to get cancer so they get free chimo.

I really don;t think any one is going to sit there and hope to get cancer so they get free chimo.

Depending on the circumstance, chemo might be rationed anyway, so who cares if it's "free" if it's not available?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Because Mike, i might not be able to help family with 20 from a pay check but we could help a lot more people if we all pay 20 a week. I am making the number up ut you get my point.

I'm happy to help people out. I actually do it with some regularity. And I applaud you for doing it, too.

But I'm not so comfortable in my superiority that I want to FORCE everyone else to do things my way. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not so convinced that my way is right that I want everyone else to do it my way or go to jail.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Depending on the circumstance, chemo might be rationed anyway, so who cares if it's "free" if it's not available?

Do you really think people will just stand by for that?

Your saying people might be killed because of wait or it costs too much?

I'm happy to help people out. I actually do it with some regularity. And I applaud you for doing it, too.

But I'm not so comfortable in my superiority that I want to FORCE everyone else to do things my way. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not so convinced that my way is right that I want everyone else to do it my way or go to jail.

Let me ask you somthing we don't agree on much bur i have always respected the way approch your point.

Do you think the current system is fine the way it is?

If not what would you change in it?

What should people who trully can't afford health care do? and lets please leave the minority of people who are lazy fucks who leech from every thing.

Ok, so you're not doing it yet, because EVERYONE isn't doing it? What's preventing you from finding a family with ONE child and paying for it?

There is also this. if it is treated like a right no one needs to beg for it you already know you are coverd, and can deal with all the other things you need to deal with.

What gives you the RIGHT to DEMAND the labor of another person? Wasn't there a tiddly little war about 150 years ago over that very thing?

If it is our tax money it is for all of us. I honestly think its as fair as you can get. I mean it is more fair then wellfair.

How much is the person on welfare kicking into the pot?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Do some research - the long waits and lack of diagnostic equipment is NOT a new story.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Compare cancer mortality rates in Canada, UK, and Sweden vs. the US.

According to: http://www-dep.iarc.fr/...

In 2004, total cancer deaths by country:

Canada: 35204, out of a population of approx. 33M
UK: 80165, out of a population of approx. 61M
Sweden: 11346, out of a population of approx. 9M
USA: 287585, out of a population of approx. 307M

These three "models" have higher percentages of their populations dying from cancer. How can this be if all the health care is "free"?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

What the Obama approach appears to be doing is just shuffling the burden around. I do not see any effort to decouple employment from insurance. Much of what they are doing by burdening small employers with insurance mandates and penalties is going to hurt small business - simply assinine.

Big government doesn't like small businesses. Takes additional people to oversee their regulation and they tend not to contribute to reelection campaigns... :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

With Obama poised to take over your personal and private health
decisions, and now La Raza standing at the ready to accept
government health care for illegal aliens we must take immediate
action to ensure this kind of outrageous grab doesn't happen.

Insure non voters? What's to gain politically from that? Not gonna happen.

What should people who trully can't afford health care do? and lets please leave the minority of people who are lazy fucks who leech from every thing.

Those people grow in numbers with every social program that gets passed. :S

Think about it, if there was never a welfare program, there'd prolly be a lot less poor people today for one reason or another...

2 words:
Acceptable Losses...

From strictly a numbers standpoint, the longer you make people wait for a life saving treatment, the less people will end up needing it... [:/]

I think health care is a right

How is health care a right?

What problems do you feel can be justifiably solved through the initiation of force and violence?

I know these are some tough questions for you, but I'm hoping you can give me a straight answer instead of the evasiveness and attacks that you responded with earlier.

I grew up in a country with free and accessible health care (Great Britain). If you got ill, you went to see a doctor and there was no charge.

If you wanted to pay for it, you could go private. That got you a private room and TV in the same place you could have gone for free.

It's great. You should try it.

You're going to get it anyway, so stop whining.