mikkey

Handbook for AGW sceptics

>And just who the fuck do you think you are,

No idea

>that you deserve to be the arbiter of who can discuss what?

1) I never said I would dictate, in any way, "who can discuss what"

2) I said I was "working to eliminate some of the biggest providers of rocks, rushmc."

That is best performed by showing him where he (you) use "rocks," and compelling you to not use them anymore.

3) Calm down. It is obvious how emotional you get when someone tags you.

4) Stop saying arbiter. It doesn't add much to your statements.

Lawrocket uses "arbiter" really well. I actually enjoy reading his posts, because he has some really solid information, in most cases, to add to the discussion.

edit:

And he does his damndest to corner me. He makes for quite the logic opponent. Wait... that is his job...

I said I was "working to eliminate some of the biggest providers of rocks, rushmc."

That is best performed by showing him where he (you) use "rocks," and compelling you to not use them anymore.

While you may have MEANT that statement to read something else, that is NOT how a plain reading of it sounds. Be more clear, next time.

As for "compelling" someone - that is for the EVIDENCE to do, not you.

Stop saying arbiter. It doesn't add much to your statements.

I find myself surprisingly unmoved about your opinion of my word choices. Deal with it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>While you may have MEANT that statement to read something else, that is NOT how a plain reading of it sounds. Be more clear, next time.

And you are the "arbiter" of how such a statement is meant to sound? Hah!

>As for "compelling" someone - that is for the EVIDENCE to do, not you.

Bullshit. Evidence and the person can both compell someone to change their mind. The person can also use evidence to "compell" someone to change their mind.

"Bullshit right back, dude" (your next response)

Oh mnealtx.

>I find myself surprisingly unmoved about your opinion of my word choices. Deal with it.

Likewise.

>I'm seeing this in several critiques of the IPCC report. Any comments
>here on this statement?

It is correct. That's why we've increased the concentration of CO2 by 50%, but the forcing has only increased by approx 1.5% - because the IR bands that CO2 absorbs are indeed almost saturated. Any additional CO2 has a small effect. That's fortunate; if a 50% increase in CO2 resulted in an increase of IR re-absorption by 50% we'd all be dead.

Read this article today:

'Cloud ship' scheme to deflect the sun's rays is favourite to cut global warming
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/5987229/Cloud-ship-scheme-to-deflect-the-suns-rays-is-favourite-to-cut-global-warming.html

The project, which is being worked on by rival US and UK scientists, would see 1,900 wind-powered ships ply the oceans sucking up seawater and spraying minuscule droplets of it out through tall funnels to create large white clouds.

These clouds, it is predicted, would reflect around one or two per cent of the sunlight that would otherwise warm the ocean, thereby cancelling out the greenhouse effect caused by Carbon Dioxide emissions.

Considering any impact we may have will be negated by India and China, our govt should not be advocating a huge tax on our economy for their utopian vision. The more I read about this, the more I'm convinced cap-n-trade is simply insane. It'll become another fund for the liberal democrats to spend.
We are all engines of karma

>My point through out this thread is that a huge govt tax is overkill on this issue.

Which "huge govt tax" is that?

>They will likely end up doing far more harm than good.

So you would claim that the EPA Acid Rain program (the first cap and trade program in the US) did more harm than good?

>The debate is no longer rational.

Agreed. Too many people run screaming in fear from cap and trade, thinking it is a tax or something - never knowing that we do it already and it works.

Read this article today:

'Cloud ship' scheme to deflect the sun's rays is favourite to cut global warming
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/5987229/Cloud-ship-scheme-to-deflect-the-suns-rays-is-favourite-to-cut-global-warming.html

The project, which is being worked on by rival US and UK scientists, would see 1,900 wind-powered ships ply the oceans sucking up seawater and spraying minuscule droplets of it out through tall funnels to create large white clouds.

These clouds, it is predicted, would reflect around one or two per cent of the sunlight that would otherwise warm the ocean, thereby cancelling out the greenhouse effect caused by Carbon Dioxide emissions.

Unfortunately this has a different effect on the water cycle than it does on temperature, so although it might, in theory, fix one problem it will cause another one which is probably just as bad, maybe worse.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>My point through out this thread is that a huge govt tax is overkill on this issue.

Which "huge govt tax" is that?

>They will likely end up doing far more harm than good.

So you would claim that the EPA Acid Rain program (the first cap and trade program in the US) did more harm than good?

>The debate is no longer rational.

Agreed. Too many people run screaming in fear from cap and trade, thinking it is a tax or something - never knowing that we do it already and it works.

AND it was put in the place by the revered Reagan Administration.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.