rushmc

The Climate Change Climate Change

how many of the SUV's that are on the road, ever get to go places they are supposesdly designed to go?

Imagine how excited you would be if they did!

because public transport is for losers right?

No, but hybrids are for pessimists.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

There is not yet proven any influence on climate change, to believe so (at this time) is fucking stupid (to borrow a quote from you here)

And caring is, IMO, allowing people to have the freedoms to make choices (something you want to take away) I think caring is giving people the oportunity to be all they can be. (this kind of government law does the oposite.

I give a shit about freedoms within limits defined by society, not those (like you) who would push their agendas on others because YOU feel everyone not agreeing with you is stupid or uneducated or a greedy and a dont give a damn ass.

you give a shit about human freedom, but not about nature and what gives you the ability to survive.

You can have all the social liberties you like, once the bees are all gone (they are on thier way) and the water poisoned, the air tainted and the food chain stuffed up,
so you can live your cushy lifestyle....

... we are all doomed to an insignificant existance.

those 'hippies' that saved the forests and flying squirrels form capitalist greedy cunts may be just hippies in your opinion but they are saving the lifes of your offspring as well as thier own.

I care about the plannet and you appear not to, you care that you can do as you please, where i would rather limitations to save the lions share for all, you would rather have it all yourself!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Did you get this one from the same website you got your 'controlled demolition' theory from?

as long as your mates agree with you, you don't have to think for yourself.

you can be a numbskull, i'll keep my head up.

you can support war, i can oppose it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Because someone disagrees with you, they aren't thinking for themself?

So, if we just all agreed that your word was gospel and we'd all agree with you, then we'd be thinking independently and critically?

???
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

No, but hybrids are for pessimists.

would you care to elaborate on that bizarre statement.

those that give a shit enough to burn less gas are pessemistic?

:D:D

So, if we just all agreed that your word was gospel and we'd all agree with you, then we'd be thinking independently and critically?

Just because you are taught something, told something, or believe what the majority believe.

does not make it true.

911 and religon are prime examples.

Those with half a brain can see it is a scam, those that are sheep will be sheep.

1000,000 sheep ganging up on one individual that believes otherwise, does not make the sheep right.

majority rules but majority is not necessarily right.

The strange thing about the price of gasoline is that it reflects what it is worth.

People like me (which compromises pretty much everybody) buy fuel to get me from place to place. Believe it or not, the free market does a fine job of reflecting sustainability. When a product becomes scarce its price increases. Alternatives therefore become economically viable. And the move is made to a sustainable resource.

So "sustainable energy" may cost $20 per gallon. Nobody (except the fabulously wealthy) would buy it because gasoline is $3 per gallon. When gasoline hits $25 per gallon then alternatives are cheaper and more viable.

Thus, the issue is whether market forces should control or whether the government should force alternative technologies that are inefficient right now.

Inefficiency means cost. It costs in human lives.

Now we find out that the Obama admin stopped the release of a EPA report in March that does not support man made/caused climate change. The EPA memo states the he will not publish his report or talk about it because it does not support the Obama admin agenda at this time. So much for science.

Also learned that Hansen has now said that the Bush admin did not try and stop him from speaking and that HE actually violated NASA employee rules himself. Add to this that in Jan of this year he is now calling himself a skeptic.

Another, in my links says she kept quiet because it is political (you see this billvon? this if the politics you like to post to) suicide to take a skeptics view of man made climate change.

Anybody seen some of the provisions in the House passed bill? Should scare all of us to death.

Obama has to get this by soon. Or if for damn sure will fail. We can only hope.......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

suggest that given sufficient resources devoted to the issue, we can, in fact, find ways to increase production. It's just a matter of cost--how important is it to generate more oil? Your implicit contention that society would collapse without oil means that we ought to be willing to give it a lot of attention.

And, as I previously pointed out, the cost of said sustainabilty is NOT included in the price of Lawrocket's gas for his guzzler.

Hence he is running his SUV subsidized by our children and grandchildren who WILL have to pay the cost of his profligate consumption.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

There is not yet proven any influence on climate change, to believe so (at this time) is fucking stupid (to borrow a quote from you here)

And caring is, IMO, allowing people to have the freedoms to make choices (something you want to take away) I think caring is giving people the oportunity to be all they can be. (this kind of government law does the oposite.

I give a shit about freedoms within limits defined by society, not those (like you) who would push their agendas on others because YOU feel everyone not agreeing with you is stupid or uneducated or a greedy and a dont give a damn ass.

you give a shit about human freedom, but not about nature and what gives you the ability to survive.

You can have all the social liberties you like, once the bees are all gone (they are on thier way) and the water poisoned, the air tainted and the food chain stuffed up,
so you can live your cushy lifestyle....

... we are all doomed to an insignificant existance.

those 'hippies' that saved the forests and flying squirrels form capitalist greedy cunts may be just hippies in your opinion but they are saving the lifes of your offspring as well as thier own.

I care about the plannet and you appear not to, you care that you can do as you please, where i would rather limitations to save the lions share for all, you would rather have it all yourself!

You shape and make your points under a false, or at least un-proven context. And as more science emerges it becomes even more doubtful. Any body seen a new report with new data lately supporting the man made hype?
Abraham Lincoln

???

Is has become very dangerous and sacrilegious to question the High Priest’s and Priestess’s of the Man Made Global Warming Religion.
Abraham Lincoln

If they are so damned sure they are right, why not have the debate? HHhmmmm? from the link

Less than two weeks before the agency formally submitted its pro-regulation recommendation to the White House, an EPA center director quashed a 98-page report that warned against making hasty "decisions based on a scientific hypothesis that does not appear to explain most of the available data."

Abraham Lincoln

You shape and make your points under a false, or at least un-proven context.

I 'know' that pollution is bad, you know it is bad, we all know it is bad.

To justify using excessive consumtion of fossil fuels by stating it has no influence on the climate is the work of an ass.

Whether or not it changes the climate, it is not wise to consume more than you need.

We are allowed to have fun and we are allowed to use, we should not be allowed to abuse, unfortunately we are.

freedom for one is opression for another.

Right. Does that mean that if "1000,000" sheep gang irrationally gang up on an individual, that what that individual has to say is correct?

Not at all, but when the individual uses common sense and basic physics, and the sheep just believe what they are told, then the sheep are wrong.

it take more courage to stand up for what you believe in than it does to go with the flow.

there are not that many couragous human beings these days.

CO2 is not a polutant. It is a politica pawn of those who believe they have people like you out there.
Abraham Lincoln

This has to be the single most debated empirical phenomenon of the 20th century.

Debated empirical phenomenon? What does that mean?

How is it that having the ability to test claims like: "increasing CO2 levels have increased global temperatures by x number of degrees" hasn't solved this yet?

It seems that there are two dominant sides to this issue:

Side 1: Co2 levels have increased global temperatures, and we are causing it

Side 2: Co2 levels have increased, but global temperatures have not increased as a result of Co2 emissions

Side 2+: Co2 levels have increased, but were not doing it enough to slow down global warming
(Yea. I know. I have heard this before and it sounds like total bullshit, but I figured I would stick it in here for those of us who feel they can explain how rising Co2 levels would decrease global temperatures on the same scale that the environmentalists think that it has increased on-this does not include resulting ice-ages. For the record, you people are nuts.)

How the hell can something that is so testable be affirmed and then denied repeatedly for so long?

Ill leave you with a quote from Eric Cartman's Somalian Pirate Adventures:

"THE FUCK?"

would you care to elaborate on that bizarre statement.

those that give a shit enough to burn less gas are pessemistic?

:D:D

I busted a funny you did not get; You laughed anyways and used poor spelling.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Three reason (IMO)
1) Too many variables to test
2) CO2 is a large part of nature. There are natural reactions to its increase and decrease
3) It is political. Look at rhys posts. The alarmists have uses shows like Captian Planet to put this hogwash in the brains of kids, who grow up.

(rhys, not aimed at you personally. I needed an example only)
Abraham Lincoln

CO2 is not a polutant. It is a politica pawn of those who believe they have people like you out there.

maybe so but CO is,

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/co.html

Maybe you should go back to school!

No, you mean I need to go back to your school.

CO2 is a part of the nature of this planet. Labeling it as a polutant is political
Abraham Lincoln

Right. Does that mean that if "1000,000" sheep gang irrationally gang up on an individual, that what that individual has to say is correct?

Not at all, but when the individual uses common sense and basic physics, and the sheep just believe what they are told, then the sheep are wrong.

it take more courage to stand up for what you believe in than it does to go with the flow.

there are not that many couragous human beings these days.

The Catholic church also used "common sense" and "basic physics" to say that the Earth was the center of the Universe, too. That one didn't work out to well for them.

Well of course it take courage to stand up to the masses. I think there are alot of couragous people out there today. (Like the women of Iran)

Basic physics and common sense haven't quite answered the global warming debate yet. However, you can be firm in knowing that there will always be people out there who will never admit to you that their conception of something is false. Name your own examples.

And who gets to decide that, BESIDES you?

there are these things called morals!

There are 6 billion people on this planet, if we all used as much crap as you do, we would already be dead!

It is called moderation, a concept you may not be able to fathom.