DJL

Authorized search of your bags by a theater? Question for you lawyers and cops

Bootlegging from a camcorder MUST be getting close to extinct.

You don't use computers much, do you? :D

It is quite easy to find torrents of pretty much every new movie, almost all of which are video taped copies from the theatre.

Whether that happens by people sitting in the theatre, or the projectionist in the booth is another debate.

.jim

I've been with torrents through many years now but I never saw a lot of camcorder jobs. Maybe I just passed up the low star jobs. Anyway, yeah once it's out there it's easier for a bootlegger to get it off of the internet then to go and sit through the movie himself.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I've been with torrents through many years now but I never saw a lot of camcorder jobs. Maybe I just passed up the low star jobs.

Some of them are pretty well done, it's hard to tell that was how it was done. Others....well, it's like Mystery Theater 3000.

A good example of how an untrained bag inspector can't handle the duty. Additionally, in this situation they need to warn you before you enter that you're subject to the inspection. Did they even have a rent-a cop there? Could you have been referred to a head of security if you weren't comfortable with the pimple faced kid they had at the exit desk.

I told the guy to call his manager, but he got all excited and called the cops. So I took a seat and waited. I was in no hurry.

No sign out front about being searched, it was a used CD store, not a theater (don't hink I was clear) not that it matters. They were probably used to lots of theft.
--
Rob

I had a walmart employee grab me by the arm and shout extremely loud "STOP"

Just a second earlier two ethnic types ran out with a few unpaid for items "No bags"

I spun around and grabbed his hand and had him kneeling begging for mercy.

The cops arrived and after all was said and done they informed the store that I could press charges for assault.

The cops viewed the video tape.

Just out of curiousity, what was the reason for your obvious over reaction? Did you feel threatened past the point of just pulling away, or was it some macho "nobody touches ME and gets away with it" reaction?
I ask because the same exact thing happened to me. The person in front of me set off the alarm but the employee only saw me. He grabbed my arm, I pulled away and asked why he grabbed me. No cops involved, nobody in pain, no charges filed and I was out of there in 60 seconds once I walked through the detector again and showed I did not set it off.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

If a theater wants to search me, I will refuse. If they then deny me admission, they can refund my ticket money, and I'll proceed to take all my future movie business somewhere else.

Let the free market decide.

If they don't want people smuggling in snacks, then don't charge $5 for a candy bar.

+1 (:o)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Just out of curiousity, what was the reason for your obvious over reaction?

Apparently you have not read his posts here over the years.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Just out of curiousity, what was the reason for your obvious over reaction? Did you feel threatened past the point of just pulling away, or was it some macho "nobody touches ME and gets away with it" reaction?

Because the Cobra Kai Dogo shows NO mercy.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for your obvious over reaction? Did you feel threatened past the point of just pulling away, or was it some macho "nobody touches ME and gets away with it" reaction?

Because the Cobra Kai Dogo shows NO mercy.

What was I thinking. I should have remembered.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5mLpUydX0&feature=fvw
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.