Pelosi's in some deep doo doo

...Shrub's...

Waiting on the chorus of denunciations we hear whenever someone uses a name like that for the current president....

Why?

Using pejorative nicknames for politicians you don't like is common sport. Some people seem to think it implies a deeper and more sinister purpose, and are fond of calling that out whenever a nickname is used against a politician they do happen to like.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Using pejorative nicknames for politicians you don't like is common sport. Some people seem to think it implies a deeper and more sinister purpose, and are fond of calling that out whenever a nickname is used against a politician they do happen to like.

I'd say that it depends on the nickname most of the time. "Shrub"? No problem. "Dickhead", I can see how that might imply a certain lack of respect.
Now comes the hard one. What about "turdblossom" for Rove?

...Shrub's...

Waiting on the chorus of denunciations we hear whenever someone uses a name like that for the current president....

Like, for example, Obushma?

Sure, if you like.

Although "Obushma" is a bit more than a pejorative. It encapsulates nicely the idea that Obama is simply following along, and enlarging, the Bush agenda.

If you prefer, though, I might consider calling him "Peach."
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Wrong again, Marc.
The CIA lied in following ShrubCo's command.

Your boys are lying sacks of shit that deserve to be prosecuted here in the USA, then handed off to the Hague for the international charges.
My second cousin has quite a case ready for WHEN it happens, if the USA plans to adhere to international treaties.

Flyover Country sure produces a lot of credulous nitwits with big opinions that have no basis in fact.

www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/us/politics/12intel.html?hp

"The Central Intelligence Agency withheld information about a secret counterterrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders from former Vice President Dick Cheney, the agency’s director, Leon E. Panetta, has told the Senate and House intelligence committees"

I wonder what else they withheld?

Maybe you should ask the bitch that is lieing?

Ex-CIA Boss Hayden: Congress Was Informed

Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:25 PM

Article Font Size

WASHINGTON -- Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden angrily struck back Saturday at assertions the Bush administration's post-9/11 surveillance program was more far-reaching than imagined and was largely concealed from congressional overseers.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Hayden maintained that top members of Congress were kept well-informed all along the way, notwithstanding protests from some that they were kept in the dark.

[Rest of Hayden's self-serving claptrap snipped]

You can't tell the difference between a surveillance program, a torture program and an assassination program eh, Marc?

The CIA are our professional liars - it's what we pay them to do.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/us/politics/12intel.html?hp

"The Central Intelligence Agency withheld information about a secret counterterrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders from former Vice President Dick Cheney, the agency’s director, Leon E. Panetta, has told the Senate and House intelligence committees"

I wonder what else they withheld?

Maybe you should ask the bitch that is lieing?

Ex-CIA Boss Hayden: Congress Was Informed

Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:25 PM

Article Font Size

WASHINGTON -- Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden angrily struck back Saturday at assertions the Bush administration's post-9/11 surveillance program was more far-reaching than imagined and was largely concealed from congressional overseers.

Ha ha - you're barking up the wrong tree again, Marc.

Try to pay attention.

I really love it when you jump in so quickly!!

:D:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Wrong again, Marc.

Your boys are lying sacks of shit that deserve to be prosecuted here in the USA, then handed off to the Hague for the international charges.
My second cousin has quite a case ready for WHEN it happens, if the USA plans to adhere to international treaties.

Flyover Country sure produces a lot of credulous nitwits with big opinions that have no basis in fact.

Nice PA
Abraham Lincoln

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice PA

Yeah, I see he comes from the state with the, supposedly, fifth largest economy, in the world, which, somehow, just can't keep itself out of the hole. Could it be all of those brilliant, egalitarian, progressive principles, which they are also trying to foist upon the rest of us, out here, in flyover country?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice PA

Yeah, I see he comes from the state with the, supposedly, fifth largest economy, in the world, which, somehow, just can't keep itself out of the hole. Could it be all of those brilliant, egalitarian, progressive principles, which they are also trying to foist upon the rest of us, out here, in flyover country?

A good point with a barbed end.

I am starting to notice that them there "progressives" are getting a little nastier lately. Gonna get worse me thinks;)
Abraham Lincoln

Wrong again, Marc.

Nice PA

If the shoe fits...

Wrong again, Marc.

Nice PA

If the shoe fits...

No, you mean if the Foe shits dont you...........
Abraham Lincoln

For those of you who did not read the articles posted.

Ex-CIA Director Woolsey Defends Bush on al-Qaida

Friday, July 17, 2009 8:28 AM

By: Joseph Weber, The Washington Times

A CIA director for the Clinton White House on Thursday defended a George W. Bush administration initiative to assassinate al-Qaida leaders and the agency's decision to keep the idea top secret.

"It doesn't appear as if they actually did anything with respect to these projected or possible assassinations of al-Qaida leaders," R. James Woolsey Jr., CIA director from 1993 to 1995, told The Washington Times' "America's Morning News" radio show.

"It looks like they talked about it . . . I think the way the statute generally works is when you engage in planning or are on the verge of taking an action you really ought to be briefing your congressional committees, or the so-called Gang of Eight, the eight senior members of Congress, not when things are just at a talk stage."

The Bush administration considered assembling a team overseas to assassinate al-Qaida leaders after the Sept. 11 attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people.

"We do assassinate al-Qaida leaders," said Mr. Woolsey, 69. "We're at war with al-Qaida."

The hit-team idea recently surfaced when CIA Director Leon E. Panetta reportedly learned about the concept, then told congressional leaders last month that he had terminated it.

The recent focus on CIA activities began this year when President Obama declared some of the Bush administration's enhanced-interrogation techniques as torture.

In May, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, accused the agency of lying to her about the advanced techniques, including one known as waterboarding.

Mr. Woolsey, who endorsed Republican Sen. John McCain in the 2008 presidential race, said Thursday that the United States has a long, unapologetic history of going after people who kill Americans that dates to at least World War II.

"This is no different than when we set up long-range fighters from aircraft carriers in the Pacific in 1942 and shot down the plane of Admiral Yamamoto, who commanded at Pearl Harbor and Midway. We killed him intentionally . . . At war time, you do that."

The United States has tried to hunt down and kill Osama bin Laden and other al-Qaida leaders since Sept. 11 with missile-firing, remote-control aircraft and special forces teams in Afghanistan.

However, the hit teams reportedly have been only an on-and-off idea in the past eight years.

CIA Director George Tenet reportedly canceled the classified plan in 2004, which was revived by his successor, Porter Goss, about a year later, and was then canceled again under the direction of Michael Hayden, who took over the agency in 2006.

Mr. Tenet could not be reached for comment.

The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is considering an investigation into whether it was stonewalled by the CIA and how much was spent on the program, which could determine whether it progressed from talks to implementation.

"The scope, work plan and whether any inquiry will be bipartisan will have to be determined," committee spokesman Jamal Ware said.

CIA spokesman George Little said the agency "will cooperate with Congress as it looks into this matter. At the same time, Director Panetta has ordered a thorough internal review that should result in lessons learned on congressional reporting."

Mr. Panetta has stood by his early statement that the CIA does not have a policy of misleading Congress.

© 2009

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved

Abraham Lincoln

Anybody who can comprehend knew this.

Kit Bond: CIA Flap Just a Shield for Pelosi

Friday, July 17, 2009 6:49 PM

By: Jim Meyers

Sen. Kit Bond tells Newsmax that the Democrats' call for an investigation into plans to take out al-Qaida leaders with CIA hit teams is an effort to divert attention from Speaker Nancy Pelosi's troubles.

The Missouri Republican also said that to go forward with a probe of people involved in enhanced interrogation techniques during the Bush administration would be a "big mistake."

Bond, who was first elected in 1986, is a former governor of Missouri and vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Newsmax.TV's Ashley Martella noted that Democrats in Congress are calling for an investigation into whether they were properly briefed about plans to assassinate al-Qaida fighters with special operations forces on the ground — a plan that was recently nixed by CIA Director Leon Panetta.

Pelosi, who has caught heat for claiming that she was lied to by the CIA about interrogation techniques used on terrorist detainees, is among those urging a probe.

Bond pointed out the connection: "The Democrats have been trying to get Speaker Nancy Pelosi out of the ditch that she got herself into when she said the Congress was regularly misled and lied to by the CIA.

"If they're going to go back and ask to investigate why the CIA was trying to take out al-Qaida, to capture or kill its leaders, you want to wonder whose side are they on.

"Isn't that what the CIA is supposed to do? Isn't that what they were told to do?

"I asked the director who canceled the program, was it illegal? No. Was there anything wrong with it, anything out of the ordinary about it? No. My question to him was, why would you not try to use some kind of techniques to capture or kill the leaders of al-Qaida or other terrorist organizations. No answer to that."

Regarding the use of drones to take out al-Qaida fighters from the air, Bond said: "I don't think there's been any objection to the military strikes that have taken out al-Qaida or Taliban leaders."

Martella asked if there is a difference between killing al-Qaida fighters with CIA hit squads and using drones.

The only difference, Bond said, is "if you kill them at 50,000 feet there's more likely to be collateral damage on innocent civilians. But if you take them out first hand, then the collateral damage is very limited or totally eliminated."

As for Pelosi's charge that she was lied to or misled by members of the intelligence community, the Intelligence Committee chairman said: "Never have they been untruthful in dealing with me. I've criticized them before, but certainly they have never lied to me or misled me in the experience I've had with them — nor do I know of any other instance when they have misled members of Congress."

Martella cited reports that Attorney General Eric Holder is leaning toward appointing a special prosecutor to investigate people involved in enhanced interrogations of detainees while Bush was in the White House.

"I had a good discussion with [Holder] before I supported his nomination, and at the time I supported him because he said he had no intention of going back and launching a full-scale investigation," Bond said.

"Now if it turns out that we in our committee find that some rogue CIA agent committed abuses like Abu Ghraib, then at that point maybe some action should be taken.

"But to go back and have a prosecutorial review, when we have already gone through the battles and determined what the president ordered and what was lawful under the Department of Justice's interpretations, I think would be a big mistake.

"It would not only harm our intelligence agency, but I think it would [lead to] an almost unbearable political division in a place which is already too polarized and needs to work together."

Bond has been a strong supporter of the Peace Corps and an advocate for the peaceful role of Americans in the world.

"If we're going to win, and make sure we don't face growing insurgencies, we've got to do a lot more to work with people in those countries where we may have some problems now," he explained.

"I'm preparing a book, with a co-author, called 'The Next Front' — how to deal with global Islam, beginning in Southeast Asia.

"We talk about smart power, including the Peace Corps, education and direct investment by American firms overseas, opening trade between them to offer them a better life, sharing technology, making them good economic partners, good trade partners, as well as security partners."

Bond also told Newsmax that the cap-and-trade plan to reduce carbon emissions would place a "terrible burden" on the American economy, and warned that healthcare reform that includes a public insurance plan would lead to the death of the private insurance industry "within 11 months."

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Abraham Lincoln

The Washington Times

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

At least they use their own ID's:o

But your typical none substance reply is normal.

Sad, but normal.
Abraham Lincoln

Nice PA

The problems with the government in California are related to Rescums activities. What a shock. The party that hates America actively screwing it up.

The Governator got his job by cheap shot shennanigans. The previous governor realized that the "temporary" 2/3 reduction in Vehicle License Fees was about to start causing seriious financial issues for the state. He decided to NOT extend the reduction. The resums marketed this as a "Huge tax increase", and, using paid signature gathers, managed to force a special election. They got Schwartzendickhead to run for givernor and he got the job. The other worthless and fucked up deal they convinced the sheeple to buy into was term limits for legislators. The resums did this becasue they couldn't win on their own merits, so they gamed the system. Now, no one is around Sacramento long enough to do much of anything. The legislature ginds and grinds and nothing productive happens. The third resum tactic was to get the budget to require approval by 2/3 of the legislature, instead of a mojority. This means that a few rescum dickheds can prevent the budget from passing. Ever since the law passed, the budget has not been passed on time. The resum minority hold the rest of the state hostage.

If I am responsible for the logjam in Sac, Marc is in favor of gay marriage. It happens in our respective states, so we are in full agreeement, right?

That would be an example of what passes for critical thinking among righties...

Paid signature gathers should be outlawed. The initaive process has been fucked ever since PSGs have been allowed. That is how Prop 8 made the ballot.

Prop 8 is the Prop 14 (1960s) of the 2008. Passes the popular vote, but is absolutely and totally wrong, from a moral standpoint. The worst shame of all is that the African American community voted to deny civil rights to an entire class of people on the basis of how god made them. Those folks have very short memories.

ESAD, righies.

Nice PA

The problems with the government in California are related to Rescums activities. What a shock. The party that hates America actively screwing it up.

The Governator got his job by cheap shot shennanigans. The previous governor realized that the "temporary" 2/3 reduction in Vehicle License Fees was about to start causing seriious financial issues for the state. He decided to NOT extend the reduction. The resums marketed this as a "Huge tax increase", and, using paid signature gathers, managed to force a special election. They got Schwartzendickhead to run for givernor and he got the job. The other worthless and fucked up deal they convinced the sheeple to buy into was term limits for legislators. The resums did this becasue they couldn't win on their own merits, so they gamed the system. Now, no one is around Sacramento long enough to do much of anything. The legislature ginds and grinds and nothing productive happens. The third resum tactic was to get the budget to require approval by 2/3 of the legislature, instead of a mojority. This means that a few rescum dickheds can prevent the budget from passing. Ever since the law passed, the budget has not been passed on time. The resum minority hold the rest of the state hostage.

If I am responsible for the logjam in Sac, Marc is in favor of gay marriage. It happens in our respective states, so we are in full agreeement, right?

That would be an example of what passes for critical thinking among righties...

Paid signature gathers should be outlawed. The initaive process has been fucked ever since PSGs have been allowed. That is how Prop 8 made the ballot.

Prop 8 is the Prop 14 (1960s) of the 2008. Passes the popular vote, but is absolutely and totally wrong, from a moral standpoint. The worst shame of all is that the African American community voted to deny civil rights to an entire class of people on the basis of how god made them. Those folks have very short memories.

ESAD, righies.

:D:D:D:D:D

Come on baby, lets do the twist. Come on bbbaaaabbbbbyyyyyyy, lets do the twist........

:D:D

Thanks
This one got me going this AM:)
Abraham Lincoln