dreamdancer

Israel troops admit Gaza abuses

maybe it's up to us more fortunate (or at the very least, our elected officials) to assist in settling disputes before they escalate to violence (such a pity then that ours have been guilty of prosecuting violence on others far weaker than us:()

but the British, and later the Americans, got to their state of good fortune by picking on the weaker. What moral authority do we have?

It's like the older skydiver saying "you shouldn't do all that crazy shit I did, you might get hurt."

Gee you mean like their leaders and mullahs telling them about how great life is with the 72 virgins in "paradise"... if they just go do this thing for the leaders?????

Do you really think that all is well every one is happy. Then one day a man with a beard shows up and says go kill your self and people just say yes?

So there is nothing wrong, no motivation just the mullah saying go die?

Good to see as always you have done a full research and didn’t have another knee-jerk post.:D:D:D:D

WOW you are so wise, i think that must be why i am the only person who even took 1 min to replay to you. Keep up the great work.:|
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Do you really think that all is well every one is happy. Then one day a man with a beard shows up and says go kill your self and people just say yes?

no, it takes years of preaching of hate...

Good to see as always you have done a full research

have you?
have you read the schoolbooks filled with hate?
have you heard an Immam speak at the mosques in Gaza?

there are many poor people around the world, I think the religious motivation has a lot to do with why they decide to become suicide bombers
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Gee you mean like their leaders and mullahs telling them about how great life is with the 72 virgins in "paradise"... if they just go do this thing for the leaders?????

Good to see as always you have done a full research and didn’t have another knee-jerk post.:D:D:D:D

WOW you are so wise, i think that must be why i am the only person who even took 1 min to replay to you. Keep up the great work.:|

As long as a whole class of young men think with the head at the end of their dicks....nothing is going to change...The area needs far more thinking with the BIG head on top of the shoulders... not the little one.. that wants the 72 virgins.

there are many poor people around the world, I think the religious motivation has a lot to do with why they decide to become suicide bombers

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

Poor, marginalized, uneducated, oppressed people have a tendency to lash out.

It's at that point that they are preyed upon by those who see that weakness and will exploit them for their own means.

Now, here's the hard part...how do we change that? How do we make the zealots less of a factor? By ensuring a higher standard of living/quality of life? By more education?

As long as a whole class of young men think with the head at the end of their dicks....nothing is going to change...The area needs far more thinking with the BIG head on top of the shoulders... not the little one.. that wants the 72 virgins.

You seem to be obsessed with dicks, and who gets laid and how often.
I have noticed you seem to excuse a lot what you don’t agree with as people not getting laid enough.

To grossly over simplify a problem that has occurred over decades is a sign of not using ones head.

true, more than a few of the suicide bombers were actually well educated (even academics) and were pretty far from the bottom of the social scale.

there is no one factor in becoming a suicide bomber but the religious brainwash and "afterlife" promises, don't help...

no, it takes years of preaching of hate...

And that’s all?
Nothing justifying hate, or anger just some guy preaching?

have you?
have you read the schoolbooks filled with hate?
have you heard an Immam speak at the mosques in Gaza?

Yes I have.
As seen in this thread and the related topics posted some will protect their side even when the solders committing the acts have admitted to murder. And As another poster put it he thinks the IDF should use any means necessary.

I simply don’t agree, and have learned from history that might simply does not make right.

As for hate in the texts, I am sure any group of people who have had their homes stolen, their children killed, and treated as sub humans would have some sort of hate towards the people responsible doesn't that seem logical?

I also don’t think hate is only in the Arabic language it is obvious from the IDF repeated violations that it is thought very will in Hebrew as well.

When the bases of a religion is we are the chosen people, I can see how and why so many so called solders didn’t hesitated to kill mothers and their children. AFter all they were not the "Chosen people" just arabs[:/]

There are many poor people in the world true, however there aren’t that many that have been yanked from their homes, and treated like the Palestinians for more then 60 years, and to top it all the world has ignored their cries for the most part.

Do you know people born in Gaza do not even have a nationality? They can not even get a passport to leave?

So religion is always a part of it (as it is for most who go to face death)it was even for the Japanese, however desperation is always the key.

Now, here's the hard part...how do we change that? How do we make the zealots less of a factor? By ensuring a higher standard of living/quality of life. By more education.

Yep Agreed 100% and the ? were removed by me. That is the answer.

might simply does not make right

lack of might doesn't make you right either.

When the bases of a religion is we are the chosen people

your lack of understanding of judaism is astonishing.
show me one religion that isn't based on "god likes us best and we are the only ones who really know what he wants"?
christianity saw judaism as outdated and considered to be "the new deal" with god, and Islam is no different.

I can see how and why so many so called solders didn’t hesitated to kill mothers and their children

so many?
how did ONE testimony (which is actually hear-say, translates in your head to "so many"?
you make-believe things to match your predefined views.

and to top it all the world has ignored their cries for the most part.

really?
show me another conflict in recent history that deserves media attention like the Palestinians?
there are many many people who have it MUCH worse that you hardly hear about (Darfur, Tmiles in Sri Lanks, Kurds, western africa, etc,).

the Palestinians get more of the world's attention than they should. they also get the most money per capita in aid too, just so you know.

But you have to start somewhere, right?

When you have a well educated, politically and socially stable population, will that not then make those with extremist views much more irrelevant?

We seem all to quick to quote the "72 virgins" - like once they hear that, they are strapping the bombs to themselves and running for nearest tourist town. We seem to think that this is the only motivation for them to blow themselves up.

I find that very hard to believe. I think that if you look at most - if not all - of the suicide bombers, they felt as though they had nothing else to live for. You can't tell me that they didn't really struggle with what they were doing. Most of them left behind families - some were married with kids. They had to reconcile the basic desire to live with the feeling of hopelessness, desperation or anger that had taken over.

lack of might doesn't make you right either.

Agreed

your lack of understanding of judaism is astonishing.
show me one religion that isn't based on "god likes us best and we are the only ones who really know what he wants"?
christianity saw judaism as outdated and considered to be "the new deal" with god, and Islam is no different.

Agreed again.
All religions do have some very stupid things in them. Islam does preach that all people are created equal, one of the reasons it is very popular with the African American community. Just a point I in no way am trying to say one is better then the other. To each his own.

so many?
how did ONE testimony (which is actually hear-say, translates in your head to "so many"?
you make-believe things to match your predefined views.

Again how many times have we seen a “claim” of IDF not folwing a rules of war. It’s not just this time it has been happening for a very long time multiple times. Yet you excuse or attmped to excuse them all.
You seem to not ever see that YES the IDF actions and the Israeli cruelty is directly related to the hate, rockets, and suicide bombs you mention.

really?
show me another conflict in recent history that deserves media attention like the Palestinians?
there are many many people who have it MUCH worse that you hardly hear about (Darfur, Tmiles in Sri Lanks, Kurds, western africa, etc,).

the Palestinians get more of the world's attention than they should. they also get the most money per capita in aid too, just so you know.

I don’t know how you judge worst and better. I wouldn’t want to be a Palestinians who has to deal with Israeli neighbors, who show no respect and kill my children. Or would want to be in Darfur where my wife is raped and hacked to death in front of me

Also you don’t live in the US all the shit that happens in Palestine is put trough a filter here. The Jews are always right and the Muslims are always the crazy fuck who just loves dying.

It gets old when the pendulum is pushed to one side and kept there for all of my life time.

the Palestinians get more of the world's attention than they should

That’s an odd statement considering that most the news that we do get actually comes from Israeli news sources. The area is so closed of to any other media.

I often wonder if the Israeli news agencies reports are so incriminating and god knows they have some bias, how horrifying is the unedited truth?

I find the actions of the IDF, The Israeli government, and the people who blindly support them more disgusting then any suicide bomb Hamas has ever done.

OF COURSE... you would. They are good muslims just fighting for the peaceful world Caliphate. Anything justifies the end result.

The majority of Muslims see suicide bombings for what they are, acts of terror banned by the Koran. I find suicide bomings abhorant and totally AGAINST the laws of Islam. Just as in the Bible suicides get a one stop ticket to hell. As do murderers. Suicide bombers are no exception, they are twisted and evil. They are no better or worse than any other murderer whatever their religion.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Somehow this seems appropriate...

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace..."

You're a dreamer
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Stop and think about it for a moment. No really, just stop before you answer and think. Do you really believe that a person would blow themselves to bits for the promise of a load of virgins? That is nonsense plain and simple. Too believe that would mean not only knowing anything about Muslims but also knowing nothing about men either.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

It's at that point that they are preyed upon by those who see that weakness and will exploit them for their own means.

Now, here's the hard part...how do we change that? How do we make the zealots less of a factor? By ensuring a higher standard of living/quality of life? By more education?

Actually you are incorrect, a high percentage of suicde bombers are graduates. Its not the lack of education that leaves them vulnrable but the lack of opportunitys to do anything with their education and therefore as you correctly mention in another post the lack of hope.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I don't suspose that you are even aware that the majority of Suicide bombings are carried out by Hindus NOT Muslims. Seeing as Hindus have never been offered even one post mortem encounter with a woman (Virgin, total slut or even mildy tarty) there must therefore be another reason why men blow themselves up.
Also you seem either forget or simply not know that many suiced bombers are women not men (again this was a HINDU first)
So if you have a reasoned thought out opinion on the subject I'd be interested in reading about it. Well jean? Whats you're real thoughts on the subject of the motivation of suicide bombers?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Also you don’t live in the US all the shit that happens in Palestine is put trough a filter here. The Jews are always right and the Muslims are always the crazy fuck who just loves dying.

It gets old when the pendulum is pushed to one side and kept there for all of my life time.

It's really old that you keep repeating this as if it were true. Where I am, the pendulum is quite on the other side. And it's impossible for ex Israeli PMs to speak at Berkeley, home of the free speech movement.

When the Gaza conflict started, the media in the US overwhelmingly showed the plight of the poor innocent civilians, and ignored that bit about launching rocket attacks.

When the Gaza conflict started, the media in the US overwhelmingly showed the plight of the poor innocent civilians, and ignored that bit about launching rocket attacks.

poor innocent civilians were launching rocket attacks :S
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding