StreetScooby

North Korea's take on the Korean War

These people are nuts. From their 17-Mar-2009 "news site"

Ever-victorious DPRK Led by Great Brilliant Commander
http://www.kcna.co.jp/item/2009/200903/news17/20090317-11ee.html

As a result, the U.S. imperialists lost nearly 1,570,000 personnel including more than 405,000 American troops, a huge amount of military hardware including over 12,200 warplanes and war supplies and knelt before the Korean people during the three-year-long war.

We are all engines of karma

Losses soldiers about equal.
Approximately 1.5 million soldiers on both sides (of the South Korean troops the U.S.).
The loss of the aircraft (it is possible to say exactly, the U.S. sources confirmed) 1:3. Some 400 Soviet aircraft, over 1200 U.S. aircraft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yevgeny_Pepelyaev
P.S.
Awards received by Colonel Pepelyavym 2 World War II, but not Korea.
In his Kree, he has "not fought"...

I was taught to be skeptical of what is read because the books are written by the victor.

Yep.

Quite true. For example, what was once taught as the Europeans' taming of the Wild West in the face of brutal savages, has since come to be understood as the genocide of 95% of the then-indigenous population of North America.

what was once taught as the Europeans' taming of the Wild West in the face of brutal savages, has since come to be understood as the genocide of 95% of the then-indigenous population of North America

That was a toughie for my (normally very open-minded) father. Dad grew up during the 20's and 30's. "Dances with Wolves" view of our treatment of the Indians made him acutely uncomfortable, simply because of its revision of what he had learned as history.

I was pretty surprised at his reaction -- as I said, he was VERY open-minded as a rule, and willing to accept that he might have been wrong (well, mostly about that last one :ph34r:)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)