Darius11

Tony Benn to BBC "If you wont broadcast the Gaza appeal then I will myself"

I haven't always agreed with Tony Ben but he's a good man and was right to shame the BBC like this.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Well. Let's look at the most recent "comment" to this video as of this moment:

TheRicinBrigade (7 hours ago)
Israel is based on the holocaust story which is the 2nd greatest fraud in all of history ahead of the exodus story and behind the invisible Hebrew God story. All three hoaxes were created by the jews.

Thus: context.

... and there goes your internal "it's time to start another anti-israel thread" time...

how about we discuss the 5 rockets fired from Gaza today, making that over a hundred sicnce the "cease fire" started?

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

... and there goes your internal "it's time to start another anti-israel thread" time...

how about we discuss the 5 rockets fired from Gaza today, making that over a hundred sicnce the "cease fire" started?

O

Again through your eyes that is all you see. I see yet another moral argument that most of the west seem to agree with yet makes exceptions and bend the rules for Israel.
We are talking about censorship here and just because the people responsible happen to be people you relate to you want to excuse this away as well.

In your eyes nothing Israel does is wrong and if it is no one should ever ask why or even look.
Sorry i don't want to live in a world like that.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Israel is based on the holocaust story which is the 2nd greatest fraud in all of history ahead of the exodus story and behind the invisible Hebrew God story. All three hoaxes were created by the jews.

Well we can t control what every one can say now can we. Does one stupid comment make the whole video or point not valid to you?

You seem to be bending to make excuses as well.

Then you would be wrong. but its easier to hang on to assumptions than to seek the truth.

Did you hear the excuse the BBC used. It will change perception??????????? So if people see the actual reality of Israeli action they might change their mind?????????????? Can't have peoples minds be made up by seeing actual events now can we.

Tell me that's not fucked up.
The worst part is i expect the US news media to be very one sided but the BBC i used to have respect for.

O

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the Israelis who broke the last cease fire and then invaded Gaza??
Curious as to whether or not the blockade is still in effect.
Are enough relief supplies entering Gaza ?

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

It would appear that you are all looking at this from the wrong direction.
It's NOT about supporting Hamas or the IDF... it's about the humanitarian needs of the people of Gaza who are suffering. These civilians are the ones that need help.

Focus people[:/]

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

They're just towing the party line, the DG has lunch with someone from the 'friends' who are doing what their political masters want which is untimatly whatever the Americans tell them they should do. The Americans do what the Israelis tell them to do. Such is the way of the world.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

. The Americans do what the Israelis tell them to do. Such is the way of the world.

sure, and us jews control all of the media and the money in the world.
where do I sign?
give me a break.
O

'every time we do something you tell me Americans will do this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it.'

Ariel Sharon to Shimon Peres 3 Oct 2001 on Kol Yisrael radio.

Maybe you know more than Ariel Sharon about the Israeli American relationship... But I some how doubt it.:|

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

BBC news reporting has become so dumbed down and self censoring that I've started watching SKY Newws more. BBC = Bubblesgum, Bullshit and Company line.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Don't act bloody stupid, 'cos I know you're not.

If anyone paid attention to YouTube comments then we'd know that all BASE jumps are fake because you can see the wires, Hendrix couldn't play for shit and 2+2=13.75. In other words, they have no impact or bearing on the content of the video.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

5 rockets fired from Gaza today, making that over a hundred sicnce the "cease fire" started?

Must Jews always see themselves as victims?

In the wake of Israel's attack on Gaza, eager voices are telling us that anti-Semitism has returned – yet again. Eight years of Hamas rockets and the world unfairly cries foul when Israel retaliates, they say. Biased media are delegitimising the Jewish state. The Left attacks Israel as uniquely evil, making it the persecuted Jew among the nations. Even theatres keep wheeling out those anti-Semitic stereotypes, Shylock, Fagin and the "chosen people", just to torment us. If this bleak picture were an accurate portrayal of what Jews are experiencing today, who could deny that suffering is the determining feature of the Jewish condition?

In most Jewish circles, if you pause to question this narrative and suggest that it might be exaggerated, that it unrealistically implies a level of dreadfulness and victimhood unique to Jews, you'll attract hostility and disbelief in equal measure, and precious little public sympathy. But in the work of Professor Salo Baron, probably the greatest Jewish historian of the 20th century, we find powerful justification for just such a questioning.

Professor Baron spoke out angrily against what he called the "lachrymose conception of Jewish history", which placed suffering at the centre of Jewish life. "Suffering is part of the destiny" of the Jews," Professor Baron said in an interview in 1975, "but so is repeated joy as well as ultimate redemption." Another distinguished historian, Professor Yosef Hayim Yerushalmi, said Baron always fought against the view of Jewish history as "all darkness and no light. He laboured mightily to restore balance".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/must-jews-always-see-themselves-as-victims-1639277.html
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

and this is related how?

I don't see myself as a victim and I don't think most Israelis do.
and note that I say Israelis, not jews. religion has nothing to do with it (although some try to turn it into a religion war.

is there a "victim complex" to some Jews? maybe. pretty understandable considering historic events.
is is what defines Israel? I don't think so.

I don't see myself as a victim and I don't think most Israelis do.

are you sure?

Have we Jews succumbed psychologically to a sense of eternal Jewish victimhood, a wholly negative Jewish exceptionalism, or is paranoia justified?

Some pioneering research, published as Israel's bombing of Gaza began, throws some light on this. It reveals just how much the feeling that no matter what we do, we are perpetually at the mercy of others applies to Jewish Israelis. A team led by Professor Daniel Bar Tal of Tel Aviv University, one of the world's leading political psychologists, questioned Israeli Jews about their memory of the conflict with the Arabs, from its inception to the present, and found that their "consciousness is characterised by a sense of victimisation, a siege mentality, blind patriotism, belligerence, self-righteousness, dehumanisation of the Palestinians and insensitivity to their suffering". The researchers found a close connection between that collective memory and the memory of "past persecutions of Jews" and the Holocaust, the feeling that "the whole world is against us". If such a study were to be conducted among Jews in Britain, I suspect the results would be very similar.

For Jews to see themselves in this way is understandable, but it's a distortion and deeply damaging. As Professor Bar Tal says, this view relies primarily on prolonged indoctrination that is based on ignorance and even nurtures it. The Jewish public does not want to be confused with the facts. If we are defined by past persecutions, by our victimhood, will we ever think clearly about the problem of Israel-Palestine and the problem of anti-Semitism?

To justify its attack on Gaza, Israel threw the mantle of victimhood over the residents of southern Israel who have lived under the constant threat of rocket attack from the territory since 2001. Israeli government and military spokespeople seemed to get a remarkably sympathetic hearing in the media when they made this argument. But history did not begin in 2001. As the Israeli journalist Amira Hass notes, the origin of Israel's siege dates back to 1991, before suicide bombings began.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/must-jews-always-see-themselves-as-victims-1639277.html
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding