shermanator

"I don't want to know the age"

You want to give a synopsis of that vid? I watched the first minute and there was so much being repeated I didn't feel like wasting my time watching the rest.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

You want to give a synopsis of that vid? I watched the first minute and there was so much being repeated I didn't feel like wasting my time watching the rest.

Very open minded guy you are. Watch the fuckin thing. You might learn something. Only five mins. Sheesh. ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'll give you a synopsis.

Two wanna be news "journalists" break journalism ethics rules to lie by having one of them pose as a 13 year old when they visit a planned parenthood facility. They covertly video tape a counseling session where a very stressed out individual gives them improper advise, some of which is against the law. It should be perfectly obvious to anyone watching the video that the person giving the advice just does NOT want to be involved in the statutory rape charge implied by the lies of the "journalists," but does want to help them solve their other problems. It is further extrapolated that the actions of this one individual represents official policy at the facility; this is not proven in any way.

It's possible that the "journalists" had heard stories about this individual and had set a specific trap for her, but that is not talked about or documented in any way that I saw in the video.

I'm of two minds here. On the one hand what the "journalists" did is generally considered to be the absolute last resort of any journalistic effort; the covert taping of a subject. It also breaches journalistic ethics in that they have lied to the subject and misrepresented themselves. I can understand where some misguided people think this happens "all the time" and in particular the "To Catch a Predator" series with Chris Hansen comes to mind, but the reality is this should almost never be the case.

The "To Catch a Predator" series is documentation of the work by a vigilante group called "Perverted Justice." Hansen, the journalist, does not misrepresent himself during any of this but does go along with the misrepresentation by the group and law enforcement. It's a fine line to a be sure and personally I think he has stepped over it.

On the flip side, they did catch an individual that did not want to be involved in certain aspects of a situation helping to subvert the law. The person told the "journalists" several times and in no uncertain terms that (and this is the topic of this thread) that she did not want to know the age of the supposed father. That information (a lie btw) was forced on her by the "journalists." She also had no proof whatsoever that any of what the "journalists" was saying was fact. The only information she had was the information the "journalists" gave her; not fact, hearsay.

I think it would have be interesting if she had turned the case over to Child Protective Services and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened to the "journalists" once their lies had been discovered.

I think the law, as I understand it, puts these people in a horrible position and the video attempts to use that as a wedge to shut down a facility and program they don't happen to agree with.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Very open minded guy you are. Watch the fuckin thing. You might learn something. Only five mins. Sheesh. ;)

It has nothing to do with being open minded or not. People on this forum have a habit of posting lengthy videos that can be summarized in a few sentences. This video repeated the same scene over and over and over again in the first minute. I had no reason to think the next 4 would be any different.
Want people to watch a vid you post? Then give a short description of what the hell it is about, don't just post a link and a 4-6 word slam of it.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Want people to watch a vid you post? Then give a short description of what the hell it is about, don't just post a link and a 4-6 word slam of it.

Indeed. At work I won't open it at all, and at home I'm not going to bother when the poster can't be troubled to tell me first why I should care about it.