marks2065

Hillary Clinton

the problem is we keep getting dirtbags in offices. has everyone forgotten white water scandle?

I find the literacy scandal to be much more scandalous.

maybe if everyone was more interested in keeping dirtbags out of office instead of typing skills this country would be a better place. lets focus on the important things and let the trivial pet peaves go to bonfire.

But I also happen to believe she has a lot to offer her country as Sec'y of State

Integrity ;):ph34r:

Name one politician with integrity......

I thought that gets removed when they get elected... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

the problem is we keep getting dirtbags in offices. has everyone forgotten white water scandle?

maybe if everyone was more interested in keeping dirtbags out of office instead of typing skills this country would be a better place. lets focus on the important things and let the trivial pet peaves go to bonfire.

Maybe if righties didn't habitually come across as rubes in the blogosphere they'd be taken a bit more seriously.

Maybe if righties didn't habitually come across as rubes in the blogosphere they'd be taken a bit more seriously.

So would lefties, if they didn't come across as nit-picking snobs.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

[

Tough shit.
I've seen lots of chronically idiotic posts. I've seen lots of childishly misspelled posts. Some do come from the left. But according to reliable studies by the best scientific minds in the world, 89.4% of all blog posts that are both idiotic and badly misspelled come from The Right. And, you know, there's no arguing with science.

They're just trying to effect orthographic reform, one post at a time. After all, that's how social changes are effected :)

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

But I also happen to believe she has a lot to offer her country as Sec'y of State

Integrity ;):ph34r:

Name one politician with integrity......

When my mom caught me doing something, I would
say, "Well, everyone else was doing it."
It turned out that I was wrong.

I have never understood why the first defense of
the Clintons is that their supporters do not expect
their political figures to have character.

The most disturbing opinion is the next one, that
character does not matter. Corruption is expected.

Yes, I do know political figures with character and
worked in their campaign. I personally know career
politicians who should have done jail time.

The Clinton administration was spent reeling from
one scandal to another. The Tammany Hall political machine was used during school as an example of
corruption. It was the bad example and not excused
by "everyone is doing it".

You seem to accept as fact, as I do, that the Clintons
are corrupt politicians. I just object to giving them
another opportunity.

[

Tough shit.

Did I hit a nerve? Lighten up, Francis.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

[

Tough shit.

Did I hit a nerve? Lighten up, Francis.

:P Bend over, Phyllis.
I'm comin' from the left.

Just wondering -- will there be the same hue and cry over Judd Gregg having gone from the Senate to a Cabinet post?

Or will I just kill this thread too :P

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

To quote the first post in the thread:

Ther was a law that stated a senator cannot be apointed to a office that they voted in pay raises for, since Hillary voted for the raise to sec of state she shouldn't have recieved the position. therefor she should be ousted.

Judd Gregg is a senator. The Cabinet all had pay raises voted on. Judd Gregg has now been nominated for Secretary of Commerce. That would imply that he is in the same position as Hillary Clinton (i.e. Senate to Cabinet, having voted on the pay raise). I'm assuming that the pay raise for him has also been negated to avoid the issue.

But I haven't heard nearly the number of complaints about the (republican) Judd Gregg ascending to the Cabinet as the (democratic) Hillary Clinton.

Methinks it's the person, and not the situation.

Elaborate enough?

Wendy W.

the same rules should apply to both of them. clinton is just a much bigger attention-getter than that other guy. if its decided hillary has to go, then the other guy has to go too. if he doesn't go, you will see a big fuss made over it.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

To quote the first post in the thread:

Ther was a law that stated a senator cannot be apointed to a office that they voted in pay raises for, since Hillary voted for the raise to sec of state she shouldn't have recieved the position. therefor she should be ousted.

Judd Gregg is a senator. The Cabinet all had pay raises voted on. Judd Gregg has now been nominated for Secretary of Commerce. That would imply that he is in the same position as Hillary Clinton (i.e. Senate to Cabinet, having voted on the pay raise). I'm assuming that the pay raise for him has also been negated to avoid the issue.

But I haven't heard nearly the number of complaints about the (republican) Judd Gregg ascending to the Cabinet as the (democratic) Hillary Clinton.

Methinks it's the person, and not the situation.

Elaborate enough?

Wendy W.

i agree, I hadn't heard about Judd Greg, if he voted on the pay raise he shouldn't be apointed. this is not a rep or dem thing, it is a law and should be followed.