rushmc

I could agree to this.....

...if all funding would be dropped for planned parenthood as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480605,00.html

So throw the baby out with the bathwater? It is your way or no way.

Abstinence programs don't work, they are a waste of money.
Planned parenthood helps people who ask for it, they don't go shoving their message down anyone's throat. They deal with adoption, abortion, the pill, condoms and fertility treatment, they do everything related to reproduction, not just abortion.

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I have to agree with you, it is not the fed gov job to promote either side. I personally don't think the fed gov should spend any money on either side. this is a state or local issue. Just because little johny got little sussie to spread her legs and didn't take the time to buy a couple condums for a buck doesn't mean i should pay for the abortion or kid. make the parents of the minors pay the bills. Maybe then the parents just might take a little more interest in the activities of little johny and little sussie.

But whether you want to or not, you do end up paying for these unwanted pregnancies. Planned Parenthood and similar others reduce that cost, and not just by facilitating abortion.

Guess what? Kids have been having sex since the beginning of time; and will continue to keep having sex. It is the nature of things. No amount of taxpayer money dumped on paying middle-aged stuffed suits and dewy-eyed teens that themselves made the mistake of getting pregnant is going to stop that.

But thanks to these abstinence programs, many are opting for anal sex instead! Progress!

>Fund both sides of the debate or fund neither.

I would be against teaching that the world is flat AND the world is round in schools, just so we "fund both sides of the debate." Sometimes there is really a right answer. Thinking that every side of an argument has equal weight is the height of political correctness run amok.

I have to agree with you, it is not the fed gov job to promote either side. I personally don't think the fed gov should spend any money on either side. this is a state or local issue. Just because little johny got little sussie to spread her legs and didn't take the time to buy a couple condums for a buck doesn't mean i should pay for the abortion or kid. make the parents of the minors pay the bills. Maybe then the parents just might take a little more interest in the activities of little johny and little sussie.

But whether you want to or not, you do end up paying for these unwanted pregnancies. Planned Parenthood and similar others reduce that cost, and not just by facilitating abortion.

i didn't say i was against these programs, just that the federal gov shouldn't be funding them. the local gov should fund these by the needs and wants of the communities. that way the local people would be paying for the programs and the people that are close to the situation should be paying for the one they want.

Absolutely. That's why I put the "for the mother" in there. Because, frankly, it's honest. Note: I'm pro-choice as well.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Absolutely. That's why I put the "for the mother" in there. Because, frankly, it's honest. Note: I'm pro-choice as well.

Wendy W.

Wendy, I am pro my own business. That is why I have the opinion I do.
Abraham Lincoln

>Wendy, I am pro my own business.

Then give people the facts and let them decide on their own.

Huh?
Abraham Lincoln

...if all funding would be dropped for planned parenthood as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480605,00.html

Why? Some contraceptive methods promoted by Planned Parenthood are better than 99% effective. Abstinence-only education is approximately that ineffective. I'd rather my tax dollars go to something that works than something that doesn't.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

i didn't say i was against these programs, just that the federal gov shouldn't be funding them. the local gov should fund these by the needs and wants of the communities. that way the local people would be paying for the programs and the people that are close to the situation should be paying for the one they want.

I agree with this in principle and donate to my local planned parenthood on a monthly basis as a result of my opinion. However as long as the federal government is involved in paying welfare (which I think should be controlled by the states), they, and the federal tax-payers, have a vested interest in preventing unplanned pregnancies. To this end, if money spent at Planned Parenthood avoids higher costs on welfare programs, it's a "good" expenditure. It's all about the return on investment, which is abysmal when the subject is abstinence-only education.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Huh?

He doesn't mean you per se, he means educators shouldn't restrict kids to learning "abstinence only", but nothing more, in (for example) health class. Give teens the facts about: sex (including non-intercourse sex), abstinence, pregnancy, STDs, pros and cons of all available methods of contraception, the realities of teen parenthood, the realities of abortion, the full spectrum of ethical and moral considerations, etc., etc. - so they can have as much data as possible with which to make as sensible, and informed, decision as possible about themselves, their actions and the consequences.

Huh?

He doesn't mean you per se, he means educators shouldn't restrict kids to learning "abstinence only", but nothing more, in (for example) health class. Give teens the facts about: sex (including non-intercourse sex), abstinence, pregnancy, STDs, pros and cons of all available methods of contraception, the realities of teen parenthood, the realities of abortion, the full spectrum of ethical and moral considerations, etc., etc. - so they can have as much data as possible with which to make as sensible, and informed, decision as possible about themselves, their actions and the consequences.

No, he means he knows best what should be taught to children besides his own. As a liberal, he knows what is best for eveyone. Dont question him, it is rude
Abraham Lincoln

>No, he means he knows best what should be taught to children besides
>his own. As a liberal, he knows what is best for eveyone.

Exactly. Real conservatives know that people should be kept as ignorant as possible. Easier to control that way.

>No, he means he knows best what should be taught to children besides
>his own. As a liberal, he knows what is best for eveyone.

Exactly. Real conservatives know that people should be kept as ignorant as possible. Easier to control that way.

You almost got is right. Difference is you are telling me what I am supposed to teach mine. Not the other way around.

Seems you are leaving your support of what a representative rebublic stands for.A position that you have related to in other posts? You know, fuck the minority cause I know best? (not) I used to think you believed that our kind of government protected both sides???

Nice billvon, damn nice. like a perch on a skillet....
Abraham Lincoln

>You almost got is right. Difference is you are telling me what I am
> supposed to teach mine.

Nope. I want all the options taught. (And using facts, not right wing/fundamentalist propaganda.)

And if you hate an informed populace, you are REALLY going to hate this:

==============
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama is considering issuing an executive order to reverse a controversial Bush administration abortion policy in his first week in office, three Democratic sources said Monday.

. . .

The sources said Obama may use the occasion to reverse the "Mexico City policy" reinstated in 2001 by Bush that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family planning groups that promote abortion or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion services.
=============

Next thing you know, doctors will be telling women about birth control! O the horror.

>Nice billvon, damn nice. like a perch on a skillet....

I like it! Like a whale on a trapeze.

No, he means he knows best what should be taught to children besides his own.

No. If anyone wants to ensure their children aren't exposed to the information, they are more than welcome to have them home or privately schooled.

Public schools, however, have the responsibility to present the entire health and science of what happens.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>You almost got is right. Difference is you are telling me what I am
> supposed to teach mine.

Nope. I want all the options taught. (And using facts, not right wing/fundamentalist propaganda.)Not your place even though you think it is. Depsite your arogance, you dont have the right

And if you hate an informed populace, you are REALLY going to hate this:And for you it is YOU who decides what is informend now isnt it?? Caught you here

==============
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama is considering issuing an executive order to reverse a controversial Bush administration abortion policy in his first week in office, three Democratic sources said Monday.

. . .

The sources said Obama may use the occasion to reverse the "Mexico City policy" reinstated in 2001 by Bush that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family planning groups that promote abortion or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion services.
=============

Next thing you know, doctors will be telling women about birth control! O the horror.

>Nice billvon, damn nice. like a perch on a skillet....

I like it! Like a whale on a trapeze.

All information should be avialable. YOU dont have the right to tell who should hear it when now do you. But that is what you want cause you think you know what is best. Caught yet again in your free world terror:D
Abraham Lincoln

No, he means he knows best what should be taught to children besides his own.

No. If anyone wants to ensure their children aren't exposed to the information, they are more than welcome to have them home or privately schooled.

Public schools, however, have the responsibility to present the entire health and science of what happens.

Public schools only have the obligation to teach the basic sciences. They have no right to move beong that in the general class room.. If you want yours to be taught something out side of these topics YOU should put YOUR kid in a private school to get them that kind of info. Otherwise you are forcing your views on others, even if they are the minority. But is seems when convienent, neither you nor billvon think the minority should have rights huh?:S
Abraham Lincoln

You and quade like to play both sides of the tracks when it suits you.
Minority, majority, ya, use em when it fits your agenda, Screw being consistant

Sucks when you get called on it huh........
Abraham Lincoln

Public schools only have the obligation to teach the basic sciences.

What the hell is more important or "basic" than how the human reproductive system works, how people can avoid getting each other pregnant and free from disease?

Even if you didn't teach people how to read and write this would be basic information that would need to be given.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And real liberals want you to believe that BS.

And real moderates are sucking up all the beer while the pinkos and wing-nuts are all distracted.
Woo hoo!