akarunway

Damn global warming.

Sheesh Marc.... you realize you are using a source thatmost conservatives would find...uh rather unacceptable.. PRAVDA... :S:S

DUDE.. its the Commies.

I read alot. (despite what many say here). I have a primary reason for using this source, the secondary reason is, have you seen any other news outlets reporting on this research?

If you do, please post a link.

The Pravda article was linked on Drudge, that is where I found it, but that article relates to many other posts regarding the pro man made global warming croud like to ignore, and that is the fact that deep ice, deep sea studies that look back further than anything else support the fact that all of this has happened before and in some cases at greater rates of change than what is saying is going to destroy us all short term.

Anyway, I say thanks for the civil response, I like getting different views to think about.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A source whose home page states "Tired of alarmist global warming propaganda?" and on another page states " the CO2-induced global warming/rising sea level bandwagon" and in yet another report claims that increased CO2 is beneficial to humans, is hardly impartial.

A source whose home page states "Tired of alarmist global warming propaganda?" and on another page states " the CO2-induced global warming/rising sea level bandwagon" and in yet another report claims that increased CO2 is beneficial to humans, is hardly impartial.

So, if that is the case, it makes both sides even.

Two responses, as I can usually predict, no comment on the content.

Next?
Abraham Lincoln

Actually its an old theory that was going around 30 years ago.

If you would like to use me as a source;) I have done a LOT of travelling and I have spent time in the arctic.. and time inthe high mountains. Over the40 years or so I have bee travelling to those places there is a MARKED decrease in the amount of ice and the glaciers are retreating. In the far north the land is still undergoing isostatic rebound. You can find quite a few places where former beaches.. are now hundreds of yards inland from where they used to be. ( The land is rsing faster than the sea level is rising.. now that a mile of ice is not sitting on it) You should visit.. the high arctic is a very interesting place. Talk to the people who have always lived there.

The Russians have a HUGE DOG in this hunt. They will be one of the really BIG WINNERS with a warmer climate..

Not to mention that the rising sea level and loss of ice predictions are, well, at least wrong at this time if not out and out lies.......

How about Polar bear populations. Did those lies get called out or get anybody to say, sorry, I was wrong[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Not to mention that the rising sea level and loss of ice predictions are, well, at least wrong at this time if not out and out lies.......

How about Polar bear populations. Did those lies get called out or get anybody to say, sorry, I was wrong[:/]

You would have more credibility if you used sources that were unbiased. As it is, the sources you quote are very highly biased.

Actually its an old theory that was going around 30 years ago.

If you would like to use me as a source;) I have done a LOT of travelling and I have spent time in the arctic.. and time inthe high mountains. Over the40 years or so I have bee travelling to those places there is a MARKED decrease in the amount of ice and the glaciers are retreating. In the far north the land is still undergoing isostatic rebound. You can find quite a few places where former beaches.. are now hundreds of yards inland from where they used to be. ( The land is rsing faster than the sea level is rising.. now that a mile of ice is not sitting on it) You should visit.. the high arctic is a very interesting place. Talk to the people who have always lived there.

The Russians have a HUGE DOG in this hunt. They will be one of the really BIG WINNERS with a warmer climate..

Actually, it is said they have more to gain in a colder climate. (or anything that runs up the price of oil)
Abraham Lincoln

You would have more credibility if you used sources that were unbiased. As it is, the sources you quote are very highly biased.

Every source on every side has a bias.

Now, care to comment to the content and the studies?

Dont bother, you are too bias on the topic;)
Abraham Lincoln

Most of the long-term climate data collected from various sources also shows a strong correlation with the three astronomical cycles which are together known as the Milankovich cycles. The three Milankovich cycles include the tilt of the earth, which varies over a 41,000 year period; the shape of the earth’s orbit, which changes over a period of 100,000 years; and the Precession of the Equinoxes, also known as the earth’s ‘wobble’, which gradually rotates the direction of the earth’s axis over a period of 26,000 years. According to the Milankovich theory of Ice Age causation, these three astronomical cycles, each of which effects the amount of solar radiation which reaches the earth, act together to produce the cycle of cold Ice Age maximums and warm interglacials.

Elements of the astronomical theory of Ice Age causation were first presented by the French mathematician Joseph Adhemar in 1842, it was developed further by the English prodigy Joseph Croll in 1875, and the theory was established in its present form by the Czech mathematician Milutin Milankovich in the 1920s and 30s. In 1976 the prestigious journal “Science” published a landmark paper by John Imbrie, James Hays, and Nicholas Shackleton entitled “Variations in the Earth's orbit: Pacemaker of the Ice Ages,” which described the correlation which the trio of scientist/authors had found between the climate data obtained from ocean sediment cores and the patterns of the astronomical Milankovich cycles. Since the late 1970s, the Milankovich theory has remained the predominant theory to account for Ice Age causation among climate scientists, and hence the Milankovich theory is always described in textbooks of climatology and in encyclopaedia articles about the Ice Ages

It goes on

n their 1976 paper Imbrie, Hays, and Shackleton wrote that their own climate forecasts, which were based on sea-sediment cores and the Milankovich cycles, "… must be qualified in two ways. First, they apply only to the natural component of future climatic trends - and not to anthropogenic effects such as those due to the burning of fossil fuels. Second, they describe only the long-term trends, because they are linked to orbital variations with periods of 20,000 years and longer. Climatic oscillations at higher frequencies are not predicted... the results indicate that the long-term trend over the next 20,000 years is towards extensive Northern Hemisphere glaciation and cooler climate."

During the 1970s the famous American astronomer Carl Sagan and other scientists began promoting the theory that ‘greenhouse gasses’ such as carbon dioxide, or CO2, produced by human industries could lead to catastrophic global warming. Since the 1970s the theory of ‘anthropogenic global warming’ (AGW) has gradually become accepted as fact by most of the academic establishment, and their acceptance of AGW has inspired a global movement to encourage governments to make pivotal changes to prevent the worsening of AGW.

The central piece of evidence that is cited in support of the AGW theory is the famous ‘hockey stick’ graph which was presented by Al Gore in his 2006 film “An Inconvenient Truth.” The ‘hockey stick’ graph shows an acute upward spike in global temperatures which began during the 1970s and continued through the winter of 2006/07. However, this warming trend was interrupted when the winter of 2007/8 delivered the deepest snow cover to the Northern Hemisphere since 1966 and the coldest temperatures since 2001. It now appears that the current Northern Hemisphere winter of 2008/09 will probably equal or surpass the winter of 2007/08 for both snow depth and cold temperatures.

So, many supporter of the called man made horror base thier opinon on things going as predicted. Now what?
Abraham Lincoln

More oft ignored facts and some even from a publication I'm sure you believe in.

The main flaw in the AGW theory is that its proponents focus on evidence from only the past one thousand years at most, while ignoring the evidence from the past million years -- evidence which is essential for a true understanding of climatology. The data from paleoclimatology provides us with an alternative and more credible explanation for the recent global temperature spike, based on the natural cycle of Ice Age maximums and interglacials.

In 1999 the British journal “Nature” published the results of data derived from glacial ice cores collected at the Russia ’s Vostok station in Antarctica during the 1990s. The Vostok ice core data includes a record of global atmospheric temperatures, atmospheric CO2 and other greenhouse gases, and airborne particulates starting from 420,000 years ago and continuing through history up to our present time.

Hows that for a source?????
Abraham Lincoln

I hate wiki but i found this interesting.

Because it is wiki I could see it being debunked.

However, goning back many centuries, can anyone see a cycle?

http://exhibitions.freebase.com/view/wikipedia/images/commons_id/579656
Abraham Lincoln

More oft ignored facts and some even from a publication I'm sure you believe in.

The main flaw in the AGW theory is that its proponents focus on evidence from only the past one thousand years at most, while ignoring the evidence from the past million years -- evidence which is essential for a true understanding of climatology. The data from paleoclimatology provides us with an alternative and more credible explanation for the recent global temperature spike, based on the natural cycle of Ice Age maximums and interglacials.

In 1999 the British journal “Nature” published the results of data derived from glacial ice cores collected at the Russia ’s Vostok station in Antarctica during the 1990s. The Vostok ice core data includes a record of global atmospheric temperatures, atmospheric CO2 and other greenhouse gases, and airborne particulates starting from 420,000 years ago and continuing through history up to our present time.

What was the source of that OPINION? It quoted Nature but you gave no source for your quote. Do you actually know what a real source is (as opposed to your opinion pieces)?

What was the source of that OPINION? It quoted Nature but you gave no source for your quote. Do you actually know what a real source is (as opposed to your opinion pieces)?

And the alarmists call anybody that questions them deniers.

Follow it up. you obviously will not believe anything unless you come up with your own info.

If you read the attachments there are many clues as to where to start. But just keep discrditing any and all opposing sources. I will serve you well. Me? I will keeping looking and learning......

Oh, and the links I provided contain all I posted.
Abraham Lincoln

I hate wiki but i found this interesting.

Because it is wiki I could see it being debunked.

However, goning back many centuries, can anyone see a cycle?

http://exhibitions.freebase.com/view/wikipedia/images/commons_id/579656

"If you links are from wikopedia you can keep them.", rushmc, Sept 17, 2007

One out of four and I qualified it now didnt I.

Afraid to read the rest and get the context?
Abraham Lincoln

Follow it up. you obviously will not believe anything unless you come up with your own info.

If you read the attachments there are many clues as to where to start. But just keep discrditing any and all opposing sources. I will serve you well. Me? I will keeping looking and learning......

So you're posting the same thing over and over again?

Try this

You can take your pick

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=Vostok+ice+core+data+&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images
Abraham Lincoln

So you're posting the same thing over and over again?

IF you read anything even a tiny part) you would not be

saying or posting much of whay you have in the last 3 or 4.

:D:D:D

You gotta help yourself know. I am done:D
Abraham Lincoln