gregpso

universal health insurance

Michael Moore now there is a true Amercian telling the AWFUL TRUTH I know a lot of you would not like to hear what Moore says facts are facts Doctors who work for health insurance companies (the compay not the ones treating patients in other words desk dwellers get paid more for denying claims and saving the company money BIG BONUS,S

Michael Moore "documentaries" (if you can even call them that) pretty much rate up there with the 911 conspiracy videos as far as credibility. I know its easy to get all excited when watching those videos, but you really need to get the whole picture. Its like sitting on jury duty and only allowing the prosecution to make their case and you making you're decision.

Out of curiousity I must ask who you think was responsible for the 911 terrorist attacks.

well raise taxation to pay for the programms and pay your way rather than leaving a massive budget deficit to your kids !

The lower 40% don't pay taxes. Should they be excluded from the "free" healthcare?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

You, ZEE, brought up the gun ban.

Why won't you tell us who is proposing the gun ban? Can't find a link?:D

And you brought up homicides. Why can't you just discuss the actual subject without trying to divert everyone's attention from it?

I take that as an admission that you can't find anyone here proposing a gun ban. Cool! Thanks.

Where did I say that anyone here proposed a gun ban?

YOU brought up gun bans, no-one else did.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Michael Moore now there is a true Amercian telling the AWFUL TRUTH

Dude, it's not an awful truth. It's an awful deception. He's selectively picking out very specific examples of what can and does go wrong within our system. Nobody said it's perfect because it's not. Far from it. But, it's by no means representative of our health care system as a whole.

Pot, why are you picking on Kettle?

well raise taxation to pay for the programms and pay your way rather than leaving a massive budget deficit to your kids !

The lower 40% don't pay taxes. Should they be excluded from the "free" healthcare?

Really? 40% of what? All taxes, or are you cherrypicking to suit your position?

And you brought up homicides, what's you point?

That there's always an excuse by the right wingers for poor performance by the USA, whether it be homicides or healthcare.

That there's always an excuse by the right wingers for poor performance by the USA, whether it be homicides or healthcare.

Man, you're the liberal personification of the Chatty Cathy Doll - just pull your string and you repeat the same old shit, over, and over, over again :S

Action©Sports

This whole thread feels like the contributions to the incident analysis by our 10-jump wonders in another forum.

Along that line, let me state that "lawrocket" takes the cake!

Man, you're the liberal personification of the Chatty Cathy Doll - just pull your string and you repeat the same old shit, over, and over, over again :S

In common with most professional educators, I've found that sometimes it is necessary to repeat things three or more times before the entire class sees the pattern.;)

Michael Moore now there is a true Amercian telling the AWFUL TRUTH I know a lot of you would not like to hear what Moore says facts are facts Doctors who work for health insurance companies (the compay not the ones treating patients in other words desk dwellers get paid more for denying claims and saving the company money BIG BONUS,S

More heresey bullshit.

You think a person with a Doctoral is processing claims. How fucking naive can you be?

There are MD's at insurance companies. They are usually Medical Director's overseeing areas that establish policy - - they don't process claims. They do set policy (not unilaterally) such as what is categorized as experimental, investigative, cosmetic and/or elective, medical necessity, and so on and so forth. I guarantee that docs are not sitting around examining claims line by line to see how much they can deny. Taking Mr. Moore's BS as the gospel on health care financing is the equivalent of getting skydiving info from a whuffo.

Wake up people. You are being grossly misinformed and having your emotions toyed with by people with a highly politicized agenda and just about zero facts on their side.

I'll bet there are more than a few people on this board that just assume the BS claims of 40 to 50 million uninsured Americans is true, simply because it has been parroted over and over again by Moore and his followers.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

No. They get a safety net plan, with sliding scale premiums and are REQUIRED to have their annual checkup.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I thought the dolls name was Chatty Patty.

YEP THE AWFUL TRUTH DOES HURT DOESN'T. So many of you are so isolated and know nothing about overseas. Your are taught how great the country is (and it is in many ways but not all) thinking you have freedoms that no one else has. Well guess what we have just as many freedoms as you (except guns which the majority of Australians agree with .. democracy at work) PLUS A BETTER STANDARD OF LIVING FOR THE MAJORITY OF OUR CITIZENS. You can get angry about and throw garbage at me for daring to suggest it but I will say it again "Good country but I am glad I am here."
You see over here we do not fear the government (like you do) THE GOVERNMENT FEARS US Our righter wing party which is far left of your republician Party got thrown out on its ass 12 months ago because it tried to introduce lower wages and more power to employers. It was called Work choices. No party in Australia will ever try that one again.

I hope the USA can re invent itself but there is alot of work to do. I hope OBAMA can start the rebuild. I fear (really I do fear) the China Juggernant that is slowly taking over (but that is a seperate issue) Until then enjoy your freedom fries and safe jumping .
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

YEP THE AWFUL TRUTH DOES HURT DOESN'T.

You can get angry about and throw garbage at me for daring to suggest it but I will say it again "Good country but I am glad I am here."

What truth are you talking about, specifically.

Who's throwing garbage? Maybe that statement was not aimed at me, but I've tossed a lot of statements that are factual, and based on personal experience.

What awful truth am I supposed to be hurting from again?

In common with most professional educators, I've found that sometimes it is necessary to repeat things three or more times before the entire class sees the pattern.;)

I'm sure has more to do with your consistent inability to stay on topic....

Action©Sports

Just because you can't see the connection doesn't mean there isn't one.;)

It's not that, it's his refusal to make statements. Most of the time he writes what he didn't say, leaving the actual message as cloudy (and unassailable) as ever.

Your are taught how great the country is (and it is in many ways but not all) thinking you have freedoms that no one else has. Well guess what we have just as many freedoms as you (except guns which the majority of Australians agree with .. democracy at work)

Americans tend to believe that freedoms are not to be given, or taken away from, by the majority. The Constitution exists in opposition to democracy.

Your are taught how great the country is

I've done a fair amount of traveling, and I can tell you from experience that's pretty much true everywhere. People in every country are taught to believe that there's in the greatest country. I remember talking to a guy in Indonesia who was telling me how his was the greatest country on Earth. 50 yards directly behind him was a mountain of trash that had been accumulating there for at least 15 years, and there was an entire family that had built a shanty out of the garbage and lived there - dogs and all.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD