ianmdrennan

Sarah Palin stuff coming out

. . . Second, no. She's done. She may not think she's done, some of her supporters may not think she's done, but the Republican party is driving a stake through the undead corpse of Sarah Palin's political career. She may go back to Alaska and may even get support for another term as governor, but as far as national politics goes . . . done.

Wager?

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

In terms of leadership charisma . . .

Very true. If it weren't for my strong disagreement with some of his proposed plans, I'd have loved to have voted for him. Regardless, I'm excited we've reached a point in our history that a black man can be elected president, and I hope he serves us well.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story?id=6196407&page=1

Another interesting article.

"I wish I could have told you back at the time, but all of it was put off the record until after the election"

What kind of a fucking reporter is this?

A crappy one?

Wow, dont you get it? Do you think the McCain staff are going to blame themselves for the shit job they did?:D:D

Also, they have to destroy Palin (if they can). She is a threat in 2012. A big one..........

I hope Palin does not come back. If the GOP can't do better than that for a presidential candidate then we conservatives are in trouble.

McCain made a mistake picking her and he ran a horrible campaigh to boot. He should have chosen Romney.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

His "failure" is yet to be judged.

Wow. Just . . . wow. That's just so delusional I don't know where to begin.

\
:D

nor are you the arbitor.

Hated by you and the others? Yes, failure?

funny:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

"I wish I could have told you back at the time, but all of it was put off the record until after the election"

A crappy one?

Wow, dont you get it? Do you think the McCain staff are going to blame themselves for the shit job they did?:D:D

Also, they have to destroy Palin (if they can). She is a threat in 2012. A big one..........

I hope Palin does not come back. If the GOP can't do better than that for a presidential candidate then we conservatives are in trouble.

McCain made a mistake picking her and he ran a horrible campaigh to boot. He should have chosen Romney.

I will agree he ran a horrble campain. I could say we should have all seen that coming. I did and I stated as much. As for Palin? Had she not been muzzled by McCain shitty staff she would have had a much better start. She finished strong. I think and hope she will be back running her own show
Abraham Lincoln

I'm glad that I was wrong about Bush ... he turned out to be such a sucess:P

His "failure" is yet to be judged. And not by you or me. that is for sure.

But keep doubting. Makes a good show.

:D:D:D

Thanks for that Marc, I have had a shitty day and needed a laugh - cheets mate

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

k... its just her frame of reference in geography, history and political structure that are weak...but she can be tutored...?!!! ... be freaking tutored on basic geography, history, and political structures?...

Perhaps the current President could Educationalize her? At least that'd fulfil the definition of "doing no harm".

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

\

nor are you the arbitor.

Rush, you've said some pretty wild things in your time but you have just set a new high for dead enders. How you can sit there and type that his failure has yet to be judged is almost beyond belief. His failure has been judged, not just by me or some folks here on SC, but by the vast majority of the planet who, if it were not the fact he has his finger on the largest nuclear stockpile in existence, would be calling for a war crimes trial.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm glad that I was wrong about Bush ... he turned out to be such a sucess:P

But keep doubting. Makes a good show.

:D:D:D

Thanks for that Marc, I have had a shitty day and needed a laugh - cheets mate

You are welcome!
Abraham Lincoln

A crappy one?

Excuse me, while I step outside for an extended laugh. :D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

\

nor are you the arbitor.

Rush, you've said some pretty wild things in your time but you have just set a new high for dead enders. How you can sit there and type that his failure has yet to be judged is almost beyond belief. His failure has been judged, not just by me or some folks here on SC, but by the vast majority of the planet who, if it were not the fact he has his finger on the largest nuclear stockpile in existence, would be calling for a war crimes trial.

I jsut posted the poll done world wide that shows your hated by the world postion to be bullshit. Sorry if the facts are in your way.

I think Bush screwed many things up. Mostly in communication. Some do not agree with some of what he did. Understandable but, these in and of themselves do not make him a failure.
Abraham Lincoln

type that his failure has yet to be judged is almost beyond belief. His failure has been judged....

In fairness to BOTH sides of the argument about GW Bush's presidency, shouldn't we wait for it to be over for a few years in order to get some perspective on it?

Remember the time of Reagan's Presidency?.. Where he'd been accused of being a Simpleton throughout his presidency?.. Now it's generally accepted that he was "Capable of seeing past the complexities to the underlying simplicities." (John Lewis Gaddis c.2002).

Mike.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

$20 we never hear about Palin on a national political level again. Shake?B|

The media would slay her, the Republicans are trashing her already and she won't overcome her lack of international knowledge in four years. Not to mention what the Democrats would do to her after this campaign.

The GOP has to go in to the bunker and come up with a new plan.

In fairness to BOTH sides of the argument about GW Bush's presidency, shouldn't we wait for it to be over for a few years in order to get some perspective on it?

Really? You have to wait until he's out of office before you can judge him? Does that even make sense? Did we have to wait until Nixon was out of office? Did anyone wait until Clinton was?
quade -

It was judged on Tuesday. His performance over the last eight years is perhaps the most major factor in the overwhelming support a black liberal junior senator got to become president. If W's administration hadn't been so utterly, relentlessly, mind-bogglingly incompetent, Obama would never had stood a chance. That millions of new voters became engaged in ways never before seen, just to drive a stake through the heart of the Republican party speaks to his massive failure on every level. Obama carried states that Bush won, and had never voted for a Democrat in decades.

There's your judgment of W right there. You can spin it all you want, but the votes are in.

As for Palin. I really do hope they wheel her out in 2010 or 2012. It will only prove that the GOP haven't learned a fucking thing from Tuesday's massacre. Her folksy, superstitious bullshit will probably guarantee added congressional seats for Democrats. McCain's ticket started sinking once she opened her yap and people realised that she was an uneducated hick. Do you really think that the people who were put off the GOP ticket by her will suddenly love her in two or four years ?

Bring her on is all I say. I could do with a laugh.

By the way, there's only going to be two books in the George W Bush presidential library, and he's already colored one of them in.

she is the proverbial
'big fish in a small pond' i e Alaska

believe it or not,,,, while Alaska is HUGE in geographic land area, on the statistical front.. the number of voters,,,,, is staggeringly small...

I just checked some of the totals, and Rhode Island had 438,526 votes cast for President
while Alaska had 221,838..... less than half...
It's not a surprise that McCain/Palin got
136,300 and Obama Biden got 80,300...in HER state. they DO love her there...:S

and so be it...
But she was like a "salmon out of water" once put into the glare of the national spotlight...

More votes total were cast for Pres/VP in the district of colombia ( wash DC), than alll of alaska

DC cast 225,224 votes total.... 210,403 for Obama
and 14,821, ONLY ,,, for McCain...

Hmmmm.
Must be all the G O P big shots went to their home states to vote,, or else went turncoat on their own candidates...
it seems that in the real scheme of things,, Alaska was 'penny ante'...
NO disparagement meant to those citizens who live there.....
it appears that They can have her back,, to complete her term as Gov...

jt

It's from The Guardian. A British newspaper once known for it's factual coverage and typos, now famous for it's absolute left-wing, politically-correct slant.

I'm surprised that it didn't run an article about the British Police being more feared than Osama Bin Laden!

Mike.

It's from The Guardian. A British newspaper once known for it's factual coverage and typos, now famous for it's absolute left-wing, politically-correct slant.

I'm surprised that it didn't run an article about the British Police being more feared than Osama Bin Laden!

Mike.

Ok, fine. Show me something supporting him then and that his Presidency hasn't already been judged.
quade -

Well, without looking at the internals and how the questions were asked (which I am not going to do) I can only say it is what it is.

This one is for you

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/06/pub-global-poll-finds-obama-preferred-countries/
Abraham Lincoln

$20 we never hear about Palin on a national political level again. Shake?B|

The media would slay her, the Republicans are trashing her already and she won't overcome her lack of international knowledge in four years. Not to mention what the Democrats would do to her after this campaign.

The GOP has to go in to the bunker and come up with a new plan.

You're on.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Well, without looking at the internals and how the questions were asked (which I am not going to do) I can only say it is what it is.

This one is for you

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/06/pub-global-poll-finds-obama-preferred-countries/

The section of the article that said the US was the only country that didn't support Obama was CLEARLY proved inaccurate this tuesday since Obama convincely beat McCain.

So, by the links you provided, you've help reinforce he (obama) is a good choice and that the entire world thinks so.

Thanks!
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

This one is for you

The section of the article that said the US was the only country that didn't support Obama was CLEARLY proved inaccurate this tuesday since Obama convincely beat McCain.

So, by the links you provided, you've help reinforce he (obama) is a good choice and that the entire world thinks so.

Thanks!
Ian

Interesting spin but, my point was the world does not hate the US as the left here spews daily. That position is clearly debunked in at least this poll.

Edited to add:

And I have not seen any poll stating the oposite posted here either (if someone has please repost)
Abraham Lincoln