Trent

CNN's Funny Debate Scorecard...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/15/debate.reportcard/index.html

So, typical... they have a pundit scorecard. No biggie and no surprises. But at the bottom of the scores for each candidate, you can score them yourself. Once you select your scores, it shows you what you scored them and what the average score is so far, much like our polls here.

Here's the funny part. I gave McCain an A because I knew everyone was going to give him Fs. I gave Obama an F because I know everyone else was giving him A's and because it doesn't really matter at all in those polls.

Well, everything seemed to work fine. It said I scored McCain an A and he averaged a D. Okay, I buy it.

When I scored Obama (an F, remember), it said I scored him an A and his average was a B. WTF? I give and F but it scores an A?

Programming glitch or CNN poll BS?
Oh, hello again!

I entered the same grades as well and got the same results. I even tried asecond time fro ma google link at it was still the same.

Oh well it is not like we didn't know the Press posts and reports what it wants, truthful or not.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I entered the same grades as well and got the same results. I even tried asecond time fro ma google link at it was still the same.

Oh well it is not like we didn't know the Press posts and reports what it wants, truthful or not.

Matt

yep the polls are very inacurate. the fox text polls on all the debates showed McCain in the upper 80% each time with over 50,000 votes in. and cnn shows Obama over 50% each time.

*sigh*

Just more evidence that polls are pretty useless.

I used the newer version of IE. Tried again and it worked okay with Firefox.

Guess we shouldn't bother with online polls anyway, eh?

Yea, all that stuff about Obama being 5-10+ points ahead id just BS.....McCain is really ahead.

Yea, all that stuff about Obama being 5-10+ points ahead id just BS.....McCain is really ahead.

Did I say that? I didn't even suggest that. I suggested that polls open to people on the net are garbage.

But since you brought it up.... remember when Kerry was beating GWB in the polls??
Oh, hello again!

Here's the funny part. I gave McCain an A because I knew everyone was going to give him Fs. I gave Obama an F because I know everyone else was giving him A's and because it doesn't really matter at all in those polls.

Well, everything seemed to work fine. It said I scored McCain an A and he averaged a D. Okay, I buy it.

When I scored Obama (an F, remember), it said I scored him an A and his average was a B. WTF? I give and F but it scores an A?

Programming glitch or CNN poll BS?

Gee that sucks. I guess the tally is not being kept by Diebold.