airdvr

Ethics and business

I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to be ethical and profitable in today's business climate.

For the third time in as many years I'm dealing with operations that seem to be willing to sacrifice ethics for profit. And not just sometimes...

I'm beginning to think maybe I should just go along and not worry about it, but I can't seem to stomach it.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

If you sell out, it might be hard to come back if you get a change of heart (similar to freshmen congressmen). However, if you can insulate yourself from the rest of the herd, go for it, but it may get a little lonely at the top. Go with your stomach and heart.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I first worked for a company that would not play by the international rules - that is bribe the local governments. We lost contracts but did well. When we were purchased the company that purchased us took out a big chunk of their board of directors when there were ethical violatons not by them but by the people that work down the food chain.

There are companies that have high ethical standards. If you have a crisis of conscience keep in mind that loyalty, honesty, and integrity are not just words to some people. As hard as it may seem to believe, they still exist.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

sure you can be ethical and still make money - lots of companies do. You cannot be ethical and 'maximize' your profits. To absolutely maximize profits, efficiency, employee productivity, and so on, you must be totally focused on the profit line and what makes you dollars and nothing else.

I think that is also unnecessary. If you are making a living, then good for you, it is more important to make a living and be happy.

Wall Street preaches that you are defined by how much you make. The little guy does not really work that way. TO bad so many Americans think that the 'economic solution' is always the best solution. And it is not.

But yes, making a living in ethical conditions is relatively easy to do.

Yes you can be ethical and make a good living. I do it every day. I also do not make as much money as some of the crooks in my same line of work becuase i am ethical, but i sleep good at night!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!