Amazon

OJ Found Guilty

I'm so glad he was found guilty and going to jail. Even though he wasn't found guilty of murder he is going to be where he should have been 13 yrs ago.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I'm so glad he was found guilty and going to jail. Even though he wasn't found guilty of murder he is going to be where he should have been 13 yrs ago.

Well, yea, that's why this verdict threw u sback 50 years. All white jury and judge from the start refusing to do anything for teh defendants, couldn't happen to a nicer guy, but lady liberty took one for the team. At least people see how teh system really works; state going after people for previous crimes.

Look at John Gotti, let Gravano go on 26 hired hits for 5 years to testify against Gotti. When we approximate justice we truly daamge ourselves.

With that said, long overdue.

Have fun in Prison OJ:ph34r:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27010657/

All donations of KY Jelly for OJ can be sent care of the State of Nevada Department of Corrections

Fuck the KY, I hope he takes it dry, and at least 10"

Damn right. He had the lawyers back then, but two of them (Cochran and Shapiro) are dead now. Glad he didn't skate off this one. Punk ass motherfucker. :| Are they saying he could get life for this?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Damn right. He had the lawyers back then, but two of them (Cochran and Shapiro) are dead now. Glad he didn't skate off this one. Punk ass motherfucker. Are they saying he could get life for this?

This was a stupid move by a man who literaly thought he could get away with anything.

There is a good possibility since he is already 61 years old.

Damn right. He had the lawyers back then, but two of them (Cochran and Shapiro) are dead now. Glad he didn't skate off this one. Punk ass motherfucker. Are they saying he could get life for this?

This was a stupid move by a man who literaly thought he could get away with anything.

Cool, make his sentence long enough that the shortest amount he'd have to serve as a minimum will still outlast his sorry ass life.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Have fun in Prison OJ:ph34r:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27010657/

All donations of KY Jelly for OJ can be sent care of the State of Nevada Department of Corrections

Fuck the KY, I hope he takes it dry, and at least 10"

Damn right. He had the lawyers back then, but two of them (Cochran and Shapiro) are dead now. Glad he didn't skate off this one. Punk ass motherfucker. :| Are they saying he could get life for this?

Furthermore, they may not have been licensed to practive law in Nevada and I don't know if Cali ans Nevada have reciprocity agreements.

Cool, make his sentence long enough that the shortest amount he'd have to serve as a minimum will still outlast his sorry ass life.

Remember, he will only serve the longest one, kidnapping, as the rest should be concurrent.

<<>>

No. The state went after him for THIS crime. He committed ANOTHER crime.

Point is, all jury members knew of the 95 murders and most/all thought he did it. All white jury of his peers???? Yea. Leno was saying they were having a hard time assembling a jury of his peers; a panel of 12 people who had gotten away with a do8ble murder!

This case stinks of the NY John Gotti case big time. If we rely on the ends justifying the means and ignore procedural guarantees because we know the outcome before the trial starts, we will soon use that same process on innocent people- happens all the time.

As many people have commented, how could he be so stupid to fall into that set up, which it totally was, only question is how deep did it go? Either way, he bought into it all, he can't help himself.

He's at the 10....the 20....:D:D:D

Hey OJ, if ya don't make Thunderdick cum quick..yer gonna run outta JELLY! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hey OJ, if ya don't make Thunderdick cum quick..yer gonna run outta JELLY! :ph34r:

:D:D:D

Damn shame they've sequestered the ol' fucker from the general prison population for his own safety. >:(

:D:D:D

Damn shame they've sequestered the ol' fucker from the general prison population for his own safety. >:(

Which creates a problem for Nevada, maybe they shoulda thought of that before they stacked the jury with whitey. They may have fixed themselves a problem. Society is better of w/o OJ, but to jail the freak for another 20-30 years won't be cheap.

Point is, all jury members knew of the 95 murders and most/all thought he did it. All white jury of his peers????

The murder trial Simpson went through was so highly publicized that we would have been hard pressed to find 12 people that had not heard of it. Therefore, in this case, it is fair that he was tried by 12 Americans who are imperfect humans that may or may not have an opinion on his past actions or perceived actions.
I am not sure what color has to do with this. A man in this context is a man, not a black man or a white man, whether the defendant or a juror.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

Point is, all jury members knew of the 95 murders and most/all thought he did it. All white jury of his peers????

The murder trial Simpson went through was so highly publicized that we would have been hard pressed to find 12 people that had not heard of it. Therefore, in this case, it is fair that he was tried by 12 Americans who are imperfect humans that may or may not have an opinion on his past actions or perceived actions.
I am not sure what color has to do with this. A man in this context is a man, not a black man or a white man, whether the defendant or a juror.

Volumes of SCOTUS cases have to do with race, jury compilations and the sort. The 1972 Furhman V Georgia has to do with racial inequalities and teh death penalty, so much that a 4-year moratorium was used to rethink the process.

I realize your justice education/experience is probably limited, not meant as an insult, but if you had more you would understand the issues behind race and the entire justice system.

With that said, OJ is a murderous POS and I feel no sympathy for him, but when we "bend" the rules to bag him, then "bending" the rules become acceptable. Ends justifies the means is scary and is what drove Salem and other eras in world history.

An all white jury today is an atrocity. Black Americans represent 13% of pur population, with a 12-person jury, 1.56 should have been black to be a fair representation. If you were on trial for the same crimes against black people, would you be ok looking up and seeing 12 black jurors? We can pretend race has no variance on US justice, but that has been historically impeached.

What about when we "bend" our decisions based on media snips of the entire court case?
There's no way we say everything that happened in either trial.
There are an assload of details commonly missed when the media covers legal issues.

Not defending him in anyway...but a court room is much different that what the TV and newspapers tell us it is.
A jury of your peers simply is not possible. My peers seem to always find a way out of jury duty.;)

I don't get this continuos use of, "imperfect." Is that a regurgitation of McCain's election speech?

As far as finding anyone not aware of OJ's murder acquittal, agreed. But to stack the jury with 12 whites and pretend it wasn't fixed by using 2 black alternates is sooooooooooooooo obvious. Again, not defending OJ, society is better off, just saying the system was bent to get a fast conviction.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...that may or may not have an opinion on his past actions or perceived actions.

Oh no, at least 5 said they disagreed with his 95 acquittal. Make no misunderstanding. If you are ever tried for a crime and you feel the justice system is unfair, just look at this case.

>>>>>>>>>>>>I am not sure what color has to do with this.

That's becuase you have no or little experience/education with the justice system. Again, picture yourself in Georgia in a highly black area, charged with a crime by a black cop, go to trial with a black judge and all-black jury. I understanhd you can't fathom that, nor can I, but try to. Sooooooooo many SCOTUS cases have been based about that very issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_trial

The US COnst took a hit too:

The right was expanded with the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which states in part, "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed."

With 5 of the 12 saying they disagreed with his acquittal, how can that be impartial. In all rights the state should not have had the right to try OJ until they could assemble such a jury, which I'm sure will be a major component to the appeal.

You may have heard me say what a joke teh US Const is in this forum. This is why. If followed it would be great, but even under its inception the authors went home to their slaves. It's typical American political fluff, fodder for the nationalists. Aside from everyone's dislike for OJ, which is certainly justified, you cannot honestly take the rendering of teh 6th above and saying the jury was fair and impartial. Simply calling them imperfect would get you expelled from any law school, but probably works in an internet forum.

This is very interesting and true:

http://www.crfc.org/americanjury/jury_peers.html

The Sixth Amendment simply guarantees the right to "a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed." Some of the most significant decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court controlling jury composition, moreover, have been based not on the Sixth Amendment but on the Fourteenth Amendment's guarantee of "equal protection of the laws. "

I bet a ton of cases refering to the living constitution (case law) involve race and jury composition. In fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batson_v._Kentucky

In a 7–2 decision authored by Justice Lewis Franklin Powell, Jr. the court ruled in favor of the petitioner. The case overruled Swain v. Alabama by lowering the burden of proof that a defendant must show in order to make a prima facie case (which does not require proof or reasoning) of purposeful discrimination.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=476&invol=79

What about when we "bend" our decisions based on media snips of the entire court case?
There's no way we say everything that happened in either trial.
There are an assload of details commonly missed when the media covers legal issues.

Not defending him in anyway...but a court room is much different that what the TV and newspapers tell us it is.
A jury of your peers simply is not possible. My peers seem to always find a way out of jury duty.;)

>>>>>>>>>What about when we "bend" our decisions based on media snips of the entire court case?

We don't make decisions, just have opinions based on occurrences. The media is irrelevant in court cases and is often banned. We can't blame constitutional missteps on the media.

So, are you saying the media released false jury questionaires that admited by at least 5 jurors to feel that the 95 acquittal was disagreeable? Did the media lie or do you believe that? So the aweful liberal media loves gays, lazy people and now OJ.... Hmmm, ok.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>There's no way we say everything that happened in either trial.

No, but we do know thatteh jury was stacked with whitey, whitey that didn't like OJ's 95 acquittal....is that impartial by our beloved US constitution?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..There are an assload of details commonly missed when the media covers legal issues.

So let's just call it good and turn our heads. We do know that 5 of 12 didn't like this free.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not defending him in anyway...but a court room is much different that what the TV and newspapers tell us it is.

I know, that's why I have a degree in justice and have attended many high profile cases at trial and sentencing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A jury of your peers simply is not possible. My peers seem to always find a way out of jury duty.

Well, that isn't guaranteed by the 6th anyway, the 14th points to equal protection. But an impartial jury is guaranteed and I think we can all agree that a jury comprised of 5 of 12 who think the guy shouldn't be out walking around isn't impartial.... and that doesn't even address the racial composition issue.

Are you saying the media released false jury questionaires that admited by at least 5 jurors to feel that the 95 acquittal was disagreeable? Did the media lie or do you believe that? So the aweful liberal media loves gays, lazy people and now OJ.... Hmmm, ok.

Wow. THAT was a leap.

I was trying to say that what the public thinks made him guilty in a case where he was found NOT guilty, the majority of people made that decision based on the news, not on the case that was put to a judge and jury. Nothing more, nothing less.
No views regarding sexual preference or energy output levels of any individuals. or OJ personally.
Lighten up there Francis.:P