billvon

Warshington?

"Warshington" is just part of the drawl. (Who said that anyway? Missed it.) Hear it all the time around here. "Nucular" is a little different, imho.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

There's no need to replace the "c" in "nuclear" with a "k" when making it "nucular."

But I agree with all critics of Pres. Bush when they harp on him for saying "nucular."

There is simply
NO
FUCKING
EXCUSE.

There's no excuse for him to not HEAR it differently from people who are saying it right.

There's no excuse for anyone around him not saying, "Uh, Mr. President, it's not pronounced 'nucular'!"

Has he known all this time what the right pronunciation is but won't switch to it because people might then seize on his having to admit he's been wrong for so long??
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

There's no need to replace the "c" in "nuclear" with a "k" when making it "nucular."

But I agree with all critics of Pres. Bush when they harp on him for saying "nucular."

There is simply
NO
FUCKING
EXCUSE.

There's no excuse for him to not HEAR it differently from people who are saying it right.

There's no excuse for anyone around him not saying, "Uh, Mr. President, it's not pronounced 'nucular'!"

Has he known all this time what the right pronunciation is but won't switch to it because people might then seize on his having to admit he's been wrong for so long??

It's the, "I'm so in fucking control I can be illiterate, so fuck you all" mentality. Bush wrote it, McSame is 90% of Bush, so he has the same protocol.

Dems generally pride themselves on their literacy, so many Repub politicians seem to have this cavalier attitude that it doesn't matter and is a sign of being tough to be also stupid-n-proud.

Have people missed McSame's, "troopshhhh?"

There is simply
NO
FUCKING
EXCUSE.

It's the, "I'm so in fucking control I can be illiterate, so fuck you all" mentality. Bush wrote it, McSame is 90% of Bush, so he has the same protocol.

Dems generally pride themselves on their literacy, so many Repub politicians seem to have this cavalier attitude that it doesn't matter and is a sign of being tough to be also stupid-n-proud.

Hey, as bad as Bush is, remember the GOP chose him over McCain in 2000. What does that say about McCain?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hey, as bad as Bush is, remember the GOP chose him over McCain in 2000. What does that say about McCain?

To be fair, that might indicate that McCain is worse than Bush. Or, alternatively, it might only indicate that those who voted for Bush in the primaries or the general election exercised extremely bad judgement.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

There is simply
NO
FUCKING
EXCUSE.

Yea, what does that say about the GOP voting base?

There is simply
NO
FUCKING
EXCUSE.

Yea, what does that say about the GOP voting base?

That the GOP (and its supporters) are now pushing Bush Lite for president, and Bush Extra Lite for VP.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.