RastaRicanAir

F*CKING D*CKLESS PIG COP stole my Swiss Army knife(Long/Legal advice needed)

Dave, what do you know?! :S

Take it from the one and only Chris Rock -- THIS is how to not get your ass kicked by the police! :D

That there is funny shit, I don't care who you are. Chris Rock is one of my favorites. He's easy for me to understand.

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am sorry, I have no legal advice to offer you, except perhaps to go down to the local police station in that area and attempt to make a complaint. Also, don't drive around in a condition where you feel it's prudent to turn around to avoid a checkpoint--that makes you a marked man.

You need to change you your name to bird DICK. Ya think maybe he didn't want to sit for and hr. burning fuel at a NAZI checkpoint?

Wow. Someone needs some time to cool his jets... :S
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

I am sorry, I have no legal advice to offer you, except perhaps to go down to the local police station in that area and attempt to make a complaint. Also, don't drive around in a condition where you feel it's prudent to turn around to avoid a checkpoint--that makes you a marked man.

You need to change you your name to bird DICK. Ya think maybe he didn't want to sit for and hr. burning fuel at a NAZI checkpoint?

Wow. Someone needs some time to cool his jets... :SJets are cooled.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Wow. Someone needs some time to cool his jets... :S
Jets are cooled.;)

Yeah, ah... I see that's not the same as saying, like, "post is edited"... :S I suppose you're just lucky that most mods are either asleep, or at work, or on your side... :D
Imaginations on fire

Dave, what do you know?! :S

Take it from the one and only Chris Rock -- THIS is how to not get your ass kicked by the police! :D

That there is funny shit, I don't care who you are. Chris Rock is one of my favorites. He's easy for me to understand.

:D:D:D

Makes me hungry for some Nigga Please cereal! :D
Imaginations on fire

I dunno... you didn't get arrested or injured by the pigs, and I'm not sure they meant to keep the knife. How much was it when you bought it? I sympathize though, I've seen a couple of asshole cops with an attitude.

And I've seen a couple who weren't.

Cops took 2 full books of CDs from my car when I was a teenager. I was standing there while they searched it, saw them take the books, asked WHY they were taking the books (no response), asked if they could give them back (no response), and was arrested for zero tolerance (they said I smelled like booze even though I was just on my way home from work and didn't drink at all). They didn't give me any sobriety tests or anything and when I blew at the station, it showed that I hadn't been drinking at all. I didn't even get an apology...or my CDs back...and they had already had my car impounded. I hate cops.

Pigs = trash.... but remember, it's the system that ensures their that way even if they weren't that way as hired. Hate the game, not the player.

You gave them permission to search your car so they need no probable cause. But you could have said no.

They don't really need probable cause to pat you down, as like homeland security, it's for everyone's safety. ;)

And yes, they stole your knife . . .

NickD :)

I'm sure birdman will pipe in as if he knew this.

Pat you down = reasonable suspicion, lowest of all the standards of proof. Terry v Ohio stated the officers can pat outer garments for officer safety.

The Chimmel buble allows them to search a bubble area around the driver's seat where he could have stashed things. I've had pigs just search, I complain, they say stay the fuck out of the way, after done I tell them I gave them no permission and pigger says he will testify that I did. Pigs = trash.

1) They asked me if I knew why they pulled me over, I said "not really," and they never replied with a reason. - if i remember isnt there a new bill signed a year or so ago saying the cops could pull you over and detain you without cause or something to that effect? I agree it is messed they took your knife.. not like you are walking around with a rambo knife in your shorts or something. I'm not a cop either so my opinion is pretty much worthless

They do need PC to pull you over. Just because it wasn't stated doesn't mean they didn't have it, but let's be real, they didn't have it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I worked for a police department- trust me- they are looking for people to avoid the checkpoint. That is reason enough alone to pull you over.

Not statuted reason, just the way they do it, which is illegal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>As far as getting the knife back- I highly doubt it. I would assume that they did not collect it as evidence- so it probably went into one of thier pockets. And I'm sure they're not going to own up to it.

Right, I had a pigger keep my driver's license in a heated exchange. Pigs are pigs.

Left hand between the 11 and 12 positions, right hand between the 12 and 1 positions. Did I not describe that right?

Damnit, those digital clocks :)This hands position is called 11:10.
Whether it's AM or PM is unknown, though:D

And that has nothing to do with 4:20:P

>>>>>>>>>>Heh, "check pint"

What took yoiu so long to find the spelling error....you're slipping.

I'm not slipping--I've been noticing them all. It's just that you've been whining so much lately ("whinging," for our British friends) that I've been a spelling/grammar Nazi even when I wasn't that I was afraid you were gonna cry; so I made sure to lay off it, for your benefit.

See, you try to do something nice for a guy... :S

By the way, I've probably ignored about seventeen errors of yours in the last dozen posts or so. How about your misspelling "bubble" above, or your misuse of "their" when you meant "they're"? Happy now? Please don't cry... [:/]

By the way, who are "yoiu"? :|
Imaginations on fire

If one attempts to avoid a roadcheck, one should expect to be stopped and investigated. Most roadchecks have chase cars along approach routes to intercept those who attempt to flee, discard contraband, etc.

The reasonable appearance that you attempted to avoid a sobriety checkpoint constituted probable cause for a field detention and investigation by the police.

That field investigation, however, doesn't include the right or entitlement to search your vehicle, unless contraband or obvious evidence of a crime or criminal activity is plainly visible (ie, drug paraphernalia, burglar's tools, etc.)

The field investigation should consist of a basic interview and sobriety tests. If you fail the tests and are arrested for DUI, your vehicle will be searched subsequent to that arrest.

I would not consent to a search because I have no reason to - I have nothing to hide but I will not consent due to the implied suspicion of a search.

A Miranda stop, or field investigation, is a legitimate detention and as citizens we are duty-bound to comply. But the Constitution provides us with guaranteed freedom from unreasonable searches and seizure, including the seizure of our person, so a Miranda stop cannot go on indefinately.

One should always, by the way, when stopped, at least know who made the detention and with which department the officer is employed.

And in the end, you probably won't see your SAK again but there's no harm in contacting the Sheriff's department of the county you were in and asking them to look into the incident to get it back. The worst that will happen is you will still not have your SAK. Good luck.

(edited to add "due" and change to "SAK")
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I'm sure birdman will pipe in as if he knew this.

Pat you down = reasonable suspicion, lowest of all the standards of proof. Terry v Ohio stated the officers can pat outer garments for officer safety.

The Chimmel buble allows them to search a bubble area around the driver's seat where he could have stashed things. I've had pigs just search, I complain, they say stay the fuck out of the way, after done I tell them I gave them no permission and pigger says he will testify that I did. Pigs = trash.

I knew about the Terry stop, but I guess I really didn't, because you predicted I would say that I did even though I didn't :S -- Gee I wish I was as smart as you and could dismantle other people's statements before they get a chance to make them!

Anyway, no, I'd never heard of the Chimmel bubble, but given that you didn't even spell "bubble" right, I have no confidence that you are either citing the right thing or spelling it correctly if you are.

But I really have to ask... If I'm such a know-nothing schmuck, and you have it all over me in terms of knowledge and intelligence, how is it that I've managed to reach 36 years old, never been arrested, never been hassled by cops, while you've had such obviously harsh experiences that you are totally jaded and even hateful of the police?? :S[:/]

Am I really just lucky, or am I doing something right and you're doing something wrong?
Imaginations on fire