NickDG

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick . . .

>I understand what you're saying, but Russia thinks more of themselves than they really are at this point. They can walk into Georgia and buzz some rickety bombers around our coast, but kicking any world power in the balls ain't in the cards.
If you're talking about distracting us, pitching a fit about missile defense, or screwing with their neighbors then yes, they can do that. I assume by kick in the balls you mean significantly destroy all or a large portion of our military and/or country. We are undoubtedly spread thin, but Russia would not be a formidable enemy in declared war.

You forgot russia's new best friend......China..
they need the oil that we use....it would be a good investment in their future to knock us out of the picture.

g

What is your definition of terrorist?

How about the Iranian backed and supplied explosives that killed over 200 American Marines ... or is that a freedom fighter to you??

In Beirut?

Remind me again if there are 200, or more, Lebanese soldiers in Washington.

I remember the barracks explosion and the events surrounding it well.

The Multi National force was sent there to provide a buffer between the factions who were trying to kill each other. Iran was then and has been at war with the US since the downfall of the Shah.

The Shah that you installed after overthrowing the country decades ago... talk about holding a grudge let it go Iranians.

People like Darius seem to want to portray Hizbollah and Islamic Jihad as freedom fighters...I define them as terrorist scum..

Yeah killing foreign soldiers who are in your country is terrorism and all you ever hear is crying about America and Israel... you have the Middle East all figured out.

More Americans need to realize this.. or we are in for ANOTHER rude awakening like

Actually you are in for a rude awakening because a lot of you reflect positions such as this...

and ANYONE who wishes to participate in "martyrdom" operations needs to be hunted down WORLDWIDE and sent to Allah just as fast as we can get them there.

The Shah that you installed after overthrowing the country decades ago... talk about holding a grudge let it go Iranians.

Uh.. want to read some history and get some facts and get back to us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Shah_Pahlavi

Please blame the country who REALLY brought him to power...

OOPS sorry I doubt YOU can do that since you hate the USA so much.

Please.. go on with your regular schedled whining.

Uh.. want to read some history and get some facts and get back to us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Shah_Pahlavi

Please blame the country who REALLY brought him to power...

OOPS sorry I doubt YOU can do that since you hate the USA so much.

Please.. go on with your regular schedled whining.

I don't hate the USA which just further highlights your over all stupidity/ignorance.

Here is "reading some history and getting some facts"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'%C3%A9tat

Late night whining about grammar and political history.

Speak softly and carry a big stick, and you will go far. - African proverb

Made famous in America after Theodore Roosevelt (another right-wing republican) created US Foreign Policy, in which he justified the US's intervention into the domestic affairs of it's neighbors (i.e. not Russia, unless you want to go WAY out on a limb and call Russia a neighbor because the Bering Straight links Alaska and Siberia).

Big Stick foreign policy works about as well for international relations as it does for that school bully that always ends up in detention. The US has already learned it's lesson from that failed foreign policy, why would we want to go back to it?

Just at the moment I am so angry with that infernal little Cuban republic that I would like to wipe its people off the face of the earth. All that we wanted from them was that they would behave themselves and be prosperous and happy so that we would not have to interfere. - Teddy Roosevelt

:|

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I don't hate the USA which just further highlights your over all stupidity/ignorance.

Here is "reading some history and getting some facts"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'%C3%A9tat

Cherry picking your events that you wish to highlight without the OVERALL historical context, especially in the case of the Pahlavi family, is the personification of arrogance/ignorance/stupidity.

I expect nothing else when I read your posts.

You don't hate the USA.. DUDE that would be laughable if it was not so sad.[:/]

I expect nothing less though from our leading representative of the FRINGE LEFT .....Comrade.

Thank you for stomping through the thread and carrying a big stink.